Musquin not on Team France?

davistld01
8/7/2016 9:35am
I just read that Marvin Musquin was not going to be on Team France for the MXoN. Why? I agree that Romain Febvre is amazing...but Marvin has proven that he can run with & beat almost anybody here. Seems to me France would pick him in a second. Was it France's decision or his?
|
philG
8/7/2016 9:39am
French dont want none
Motofinne
8/7/2016 9:42am
Because Paulin is the captain and he has done well for France pretty much every single time that he has done MXdN.

That can't be said for Marvin, he was amazing last year but he has had a couple of really bad ones before that.

But now with Ferrandis injury he could possibly ride the 250? If not, Paturel will take Ferrandis place.
RG1
8/7/2016 9:47am
Motofinne wrote:
Because Paulin is the captain and he has done well for France pretty much every single time that he has done MXdN. That can't be said...
Because Paulin is the captain and he has done well for France pretty much every single time that he has done MXdN.

That can't be said for Marvin, he was amazing last year but he has had a couple of really bad ones before that.

But now with Ferrandis injury he could possibly ride the 250? If not, Paturel will take Ferrandis place.
Paturel is the official reserve so he will be in.

I think it's probably a case of Marvin not wanting to ride a 250 after being on a 450 all season, and they feel that Febvre and Paulin are better picks for the 450 rides, which I have to say I agree with

The Shop

agn5009
8/7/2016 9:54am
Motofinne wrote:
Because Paulin is the captain and he has done well for France pretty much every single time that he has done MXdN. That can't be said...

RG1 wrote:
Paturel is the official reserve so he will be in. I think it's probably a case of Marvin not wanting to ride a 250 after being...

I think it's probably a case of Marvin not wanting to ride a 250 after being on a 450 all season, and they feel that Febvre and Paulin are better picks for the 450 rides, which I have to say I agree with
Ditto.
jj welks
8/7/2016 10:04am Edited Date/Time 8/7/2016 10:10am
I think Marvin has "beef" with the guys in charge of the French MXDN team from him racing in the ama rather than the GPs. Heard about that little tid bit on vital a while ago I think.
burn1986
Fantasy
3264th
8/7/2016 10:05am
Maybe he can ride for Puerto Rico. Cool
RG95
8/7/2016 10:19am Edited Date/Time 8/7/2016 10:39am
davistld01 wrote:
I just read that Marvin Musquin was not going to be on Team France for the MXoN. Why? I agree that Romain Febvre is amazing...but Marvin...
I just read that Marvin Musquin was not going to be on Team France for the MXoN. Why? I agree that Romain Febvre is amazing...but Marvin has proven that he can run with & beat almost anybody here. Seems to me France would pick him in a second. Was it France's decision or his?
Dude? Febvre is the world champion but beside this he is better than Musquin, plus are you really comparing Musquin with Febvre? I mean you should make a comparison between Musquin and Paulin, the perfect team for France should be:

MXGP Febvre
MX2 Ferrandis (out) / Paturel
Open Musquin instead of Paulin

easy again for team France...

Anyway correct me if I'm wrong but I think I know why the french federation has decided to not call Musquin... this Tuesday and Wednesday team France will be at Maggiora testing but Marvin is in the US and won't be there so... could this be the reason for not being chosen?
davistld01
8/7/2016 10:30am
Motofinne wrote:

RG1 wrote:
Paturel is the official reserve so he will be in. I think it's probably a case of Marvin not wanting to ride a 250 after being...

I tend to agree with those two being superior choices for the 450 effort, and with Musquin not wanting to ride the 250. I don't blame him at all.

St Ann More
8/7/2016 10:35am
jj welks wrote:
I think Marvin has "beef" with the guys in charge of the French MXDN team from him racing in the ama rather than the GPs. Heard...
I think Marvin has "beef" with the guys in charge of the French MXDN team from him racing in the ama rather than the GPs. Heard about that little tid bit on vital a while ago I think.
People hear a lot of things of Vital...
RG1
8/7/2016 11:02am
Motofinne wrote:

RG1 wrote:

davistld01 wrote:
I tend to agree with those two being superior choices for the 450 effort, and with Musquin not wanting to ride the 250. I don't blame...
I tend to agree with those two being superior choices for the 450 effort, and with Musquin not wanting to ride the 250. I don't blame him at all.

I don't blame him either
Jimmy_Sloan
8/7/2016 11:09am
You should be honored to ride for your country no matter what size bike you're on. Hannah and O'Mara both stepped down to the 125 to represent their country. The importance of this race needs to be highlighted more; it's not just about money, and it's a shame to me that riders will opt out of the MXoN and yet race a money maker like the MEC.
RG95
8/7/2016 11:16am
You should be honored to ride for your country no matter what size bike you're on. Hannah and O'Mara both stepped down to the 125 to...
You should be honored to ride for your country no matter what size bike you're on. Hannah and O'Mara both stepped down to the 125 to represent their country. The importance of this race needs to be highlighted more; it's not just about money, and it's a shame to me that riders will opt out of the MXoN and yet race a money maker like the MEC.
+1
jj welks
8/7/2016 11:20am Edited Date/Time 8/7/2016 11:21am
jj welks wrote:
I think Marvin has "beef" with the guys in charge of the French MXDN team from him racing in the ama rather than the GPs. Heard...
Ok....what did you contribute to the thread?
RG1
8/7/2016 11:28am Edited Date/Time 8/7/2016 11:30am
You should be honored to ride for your country no matter what size bike you're on. Hannah and O'Mara both stepped down to the 125 to...
I agree. Surely the biggest honour you could receive as a sportsman is to represent your country, having said that, I think it's fair enough for Marvin not to go if his country don't feel that he is good enough to represent them on the bike he has been racing all year
slowgti
8/7/2016 11:49am
I remember DV saying the French are too cheap to fly him back and forth.
Park Boys
Fantasy
44th
8/7/2016 12:48pm
Paulin has not been Paulin for two years now. Musquin is getting better and better.
stewie94
8/7/2016 1:43pm
Park Boys wrote:
Paulin has not been Paulin for two years now. Musquin is getting better and better.
this
mjskier
8/7/2016 2:34pm
"France will NOT win the MXDN this year" Laughing

dboivin
8/9/2016 5:16am
don't think marv and france get along very well anymore.
slipdog
8/9/2016 5:34am
jj welks wrote:
DeStouwer
8/9/2016 5:35am
Paturel was back up rider last year too. And deserved, third in the MX2 standings.
Jt$
8/9/2016 6:22am
I highly doubt Marvin wants to ride a 250... No different than the USA dilemma. The best 250 rider (Webb) won't be on a 250 at MXON. The changing dynamic of riders unwilling to move down or up to fit the "best team" lineup in the last decade has made for less ideal teams. It's tougher to build a super team in current times. Last year's French team was close but Paulin was a bit off his game. The Paulin of 2014 alongside that 2015 team would have been unbeatable.

If Webb stayed on a 250 for that event, Dungey was willing to race (instead of being forced to do the SMX Cup), joined by Tomac would be the best team on paper by a long ways. It's a shame that we won't see it.
Renner153
Fantasy
3519th
8/9/2016 6:27am
Ever think that maybe Marvin and Red Bull KTM dont want to set up a 250F for him to race for one race? Paturel is good, Febvre is always great and lets be honest, Paulin is probably the best when it comes to racing the MXDN. That guy always steps up in a big way this time of year. And personally, I dont think Marvs 2 race hot streak is good enough to replace the reigning world champ or the guy that has won like 10 motos (I honestly dont know how many motos) at MXDN.
Jt$
8/9/2016 6:42am
Renner153 wrote:
Ever think that maybe Marvin and Red Bull KTM dont want to set up a 250F for him to race for one race? Paturel is good...
Ever think that maybe Marvin and Red Bull KTM dont want to set up a 250F for him to race for one race? Paturel is good, Febvre is always great and lets be honest, Paulin is probably the best when it comes to racing the MXDN. That guy always steps up in a big way this time of year. And personally, I dont think Marvs 2 race hot streak is good enough to replace the reigning world champ or the guy that has won like 10 motos (I honestly dont know how many motos) at MXDN.
Paulin was not very good last year in Ernee, but otherwise he has been great.
visser62
8/9/2016 7:30am
Renner153 wrote:
Ever think that maybe Marvin and Red Bull KTM dont want to set up a 250F for him to race for one race? Paturel is good...
Jt$ wrote:
Paulin was not very good last year in Ernee, but otherwise he has been great.
I believe he was still coming off of a knee injury last year.

Post a reply to: Musquin not on Team France?

The Latest