Musquin made a "Mistake"... Unbelievable

mc795
Edited Date/Time 4/29/2017 10:35pm
*Cough Cough* Team orders.
|
RG1
4/29/2017 5:10pm
So what? It was a smart move by KTM, sucks for Marvin but that's the way it goes. There can be no complaints by Tomac, he completely blew it
4/29/2017 5:16pm
RG1 wrote:
So what? It was a smart move by KTM, sucks for Marvin but that's the way it goes. There can be no complaints by Tomac, he...
So what? It was a smart move by KTM, sucks for Marvin but that's the way it goes. There can be no complaints by Tomac, he completely blew it
The fact that Tomac blew it makes it even worse though....
Corey_Tallent
4/29/2017 5:18pm
I am sure about now Dungey is ready to buy Marvin whatever he wants for dinner tonight and next week and the next week and the next week. If Dungey wins the championship, KTM wins the championship and you know Ryan and Marvin both were very uncomfortable in that situation. That "mistake" looked like some of the glitches in MX vs ATV where one the monster trucks are running fast and fine down the track and all the sudden they shoot sideways and bury themselves under a over/under jump. lol

The Shop

4/29/2017 5:22pm
What would have been unbelievable was if they didn't do that. Good for Ryan, he's earned that over the years - every other form of motorsport does it, why not MX/SX?

Tomac shit the bed hard, all on him. That position Marv gave up won't mean the difference I think. Eli lost it all on his own.
HenryJ77
4/29/2017 5:22pm
RG1 wrote:
So what? It was a smart move by KTM, sucks for Marvin but that's the way it goes. There can be no complaints by Tomac, he...
So if Marv didn't let him by Dungey would have been 6 points ahead still. Next weekends results will determine if Dungey's championship (which he still hasn't won) will have an "*" next to it. IMO if he wins it it still doesn't deserve asterisk. I think it was a smart move by Marv even if he wasn't told to do it. Im sure KTM will have no problem giving him what didn't get today...
Jroc
Fantasy
2524th
4/29/2017 5:27pm
I thought that was a totally lame move. Could have been a little more exciting in Vegas.
RG1
4/29/2017 5:30pm
RG1 wrote:
HenryJ77 wrote:
So if Marv didn't let him by Dungey would have been 6 points ahead still. Next weekends results will determine if Dungey's championship (which he still...
So if Marv didn't let him by Dungey would have been 6 points ahead still. Next weekends results will determine if Dungey's championship (which he still hasn't won) will have an "*" next to it. IMO if he wins it it still doesn't deserve asterisk. I think it was a smart move by Marv even if he wasn't told to do it. Im sure KTM will have no problem giving him what didn't get today...
When you race 17 rounds of Supercross and finish with the most points there can be no asterisk. Dungey put in a great ride tonight, I've been critical of him all season, but you just can't break him. If Tomac loses this title by any margin, be it 1 or 10 he should only look back on toinght and how he folded. Not the fact that Marv let Dungey by. The people who are moaning about KTM team orders make me laugh, there has been none, at any point up to tonight, and they've let them race, it was a smart move
VicDaMoan03
4/29/2017 5:31pm
Tomac has no one to blame but himself. That said Marvin totally made it obvious giving Dungey the win. It will only matter if Dungey wins by the points or less next week which is unlikely.
beamer
4/29/2017 5:31pm
Donegy in a million years would never had made up 27 points. Shit I prob could have held that point lead fer fuks sake
PabstBR11
4/29/2017 5:33pm
Dungey is the luckiest rider of all time. The LOAT
I know shit will rain down, but I was hoping someone would say it. Over his career he always cleans up but you have to be in it to win it guess. Tomacs fault for sure, but musquin giving up the win ruins it for me. Worse than Massa letting Alonso by in f1.
Yaya
Fantasy
2539th
4/29/2017 5:35pm
At the end of the broadcast you can see Marvin, Frankie and Pit Beirer having a little pow-wow on the left. I mean I get it: Marv taking a long look at that pit board, making a "mistake" and also just signing a contract extension. He isn't dumb, he knows who cuts his checks. Vegas just got alot less exciting though...
mxlegend99
Fantasy
1356th
4/29/2017 5:36pm
Wow. I cant believe so many people are happy with riders manipulating the results.

I thought more people would have issue with cheating to gain an advantage in the series. Its funny that this is acceptable. But a lapped rider not making it easier for a guy to pass is somehow the worst possible thing imaginable.

I guess the consistency is that everyone is happy so long as Dungey gets let by.
beamer
4/29/2017 5:38pm
Grant didn't even let Eli by
RG1
4/29/2017 5:38pm
mxlegend99 wrote:
Wow. I cant believe so many people are happy with riders manipulating the results. I thought more people would have issue with cheating to gain an...
Wow. I cant believe so many people are happy with riders manipulating the results.

I thought more people would have issue with cheating to gain an advantage in the series. Its funny that this is acceptable. But a lapped rider not making it easier for a guy to pass is somehow the worst possible thing imaginable.

I guess the consistency is that everyone is happy so long as Dungey gets let by.
It's not cheating!! It's a team sport as well as an individual one.
RG1
4/29/2017 5:40pm
beamer wrote:
Grant didn't even let Eli by
I think he tried, Eli was too busy clanking everything. I'm sure Grant looked over when Eli was right behind him and moved over to the side of the track
MW19
4/29/2017 5:40pm
I don't mind the move at all but the commentators shouldn't insult our intelligence by saying that was a mistake by MM. We all know what it was. Grant should of done the same thing. No matter how far ahead of Tomas he was.
mxlegend99
Fantasy
1356th
4/29/2017 5:44pm
mxlegend99 wrote:
Wow. I cant believe so many people are happy with riders manipulating the results. I thought more people would have issue with cheating to gain an...

RG1 wrote:
It's not cheating!! It's a team sport as well as an individual one.
Manipulating the points and results is cheating.
jarvinator
4/29/2017 5:44pm
WHAT IF the "non-team orders" had some green bike get in Dunges way (in a big way) next week...it that ok, then ?
kaptkaos
4/29/2017 5:45pm
What would have been unbelievable was if they didn't do that. Good for Ryan, he's earned that over the years - every other form of motorsport...
What would have been unbelievable was if they didn't do that. Good for Ryan, he's earned that over the years - every other form of motorsport does it, why not MX/SX?

Tomac shit the bed hard, all on him. That position Marv gave up won't mean the difference I think. Eli lost it all on his own.
X2- totally agree with you.

Cant believe all the haters tonight.
4/29/2017 5:48pm
The luckiest rider of all time? What a f*cking idiot statement. What Dungey is, is the SMARTEST, MOST CONSISTENT RIDER OF ALL TIME. He stayed on two wheels didn't he? He beat Tomac didn't he? NO LUCK YOU MORON. To say otherwise just demonstrates your ignorance.
YamaLink
4/29/2017 5:48pm
Arguably the biggest backlash for thinly-veiled team orders since Stewart's teammate (Chisholm?) conveniently put himself in Reed's way on the last corner.
kaptkaos
4/29/2017 5:49pm
mxlegend99 wrote:
I think you are way off on this man. Its common and within the rules for teams to help their riders. Savatgy cutting the track is more cheating than this, and I wouldnt even call what Savatgy did cheating, I would say Savatgy made a mistake that may result in a penalty.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
4/29/2017 5:52pm
mxlegend99 wrote:
kaptkaos wrote:
I think you are way off on this man. Its common and within the rules for teams to help their riders. Savatgy cutting the track is...
I think you are way off on this man. Its common and within the rules for teams to help their riders. Savatgy cutting the track is more cheating than this, and I wouldnt even call what Savatgy did cheating, I would say Savatgy made a mistake that may result in a penalty.
How many times are teams/mechanics interviewed and asked straight up "if it comes down to it, will team orders play a part?" yet "mxlegend99" and others think it's cheating, continue to make up your own race series rules everyone (or maybe you are all drunk since it's Saturday?)
thall767
4/29/2017 5:53pm
I know I'm pulling over for my best friend who took me under his wing in the states and also works of the same employer as me.
mxlegend99
Fantasy
1356th
4/29/2017 5:56pm
mxlegend99 wrote:
kaptkaos wrote:
I think you are way off on this man. Its common and within the rules for teams to help their riders. Savatgy cutting the track is...
Awesome. Josh Grant can take Dungey out next week. Then prevent him from getting on his bike. Afterall its not cheating if you're doing it to help your team.

The riders wont even admit they manipulated the results.

The fans were robbed of seeing a fair race tonight and a fair points battle. But the Dungey fans are happy as he got a title handed to him and only had to earn 2 wins.
Yamaknockers
4/29/2017 5:59pm
The luckiest rider of all time? What a f*cking idiot statement. What Dungey is, is the SMARTEST, MOST CONSISTENT RIDER OF ALL TIME. He stayed on...
The luckiest rider of all time? What a f*cking idiot statement. What Dungey is, is the SMARTEST, MOST CONSISTENT RIDER OF ALL TIME. He stayed on two wheels didn't he? He beat Tomac didn't he? NO LUCK YOU MORON. To say otherwise just demonstrates your ignorance.
Are you mad bro? He is consistently lucky.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
4/29/2017 5:59pm
mxlegend99 wrote:
Awesome. Josh Grant can take Dungey out next week. Then prevent him from getting on his bike. Afterall its not cheating if you're doing it to...
Awesome. Josh Grant can take Dungey out next week. Then prevent him from getting on his bike. Afterall its not cheating if you're doing it to help your team.

The riders wont even admit they manipulated the results.

The fans were robbed of seeing a fair race tonight and a fair points battle. But the Dungey fans are happy as he got a title handed to him and only had to earn 2 wins.
How is your screen name mxlegend and you don't understand racing and racing teams?

Post a reply to: Musquin made a "Mistake"... Unbelievable

The Latest