Musquin lost. Again.

GODZILLA
8/25/2018 4:29pm Edited Date/Time 12/6/2019 4:03pm
One 250 SX title in eight years really ain't much for such a technical rider who's a genuine title contender in both SX and MX.
What do you think is missing and do you feel he'll ever get a title again?
|
JB 19
8/25/2018 4:30pm
I agree. He sucks. Dry
BR8ES
8/25/2018 4:32pm
Title contender doesn't mean winner... there can only be one. He has done better than most during the past 8 years... He probably won't win an outdoor title, but maybe indoors. Time is running short though.
8/25/2018 4:34pm
GODZILLA wrote:
One 250 SX title in eight years really ain't much for such a technical rider who's a genuine title contender in both SX and MX. What...
One 250 SX title in eight years really ain't much for such a technical rider who's a genuine title contender in both SX and MX.
Nothing's "missing." Tomac exists, is all.
Nighttrain
8/25/2018 4:35pm
He relocates to a foreign land and is in the mix for all titles. Respect....

The Shop

Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
8/25/2018 4:36pm
GODZILLA wrote:
One 250 SX title in eight years really ain't much for such a technical rider who's a genuine title contender in both SX and MX. What...
Nothing's "missing." Tomac exists, is all.
I Agree there can only be one champ per year .
But he still has time he could be the 2019 SX champ
He isnt far off just needs a few things to work out in his favor
newmann
8/25/2018 4:42pm
GODZILLA wrote:
A cheeseburger. Who decided that a 450 rider needed to weigh 129 pounds?
akillerwombat
8/25/2018 4:44pm Edited Date/Time 8/25/2018 4:44pm
newmann wrote:
Holy shit, I wonder if Aldon ever considered that?

You might be onto something with this one Newmann.
early
Fantasy
2139th
8/25/2018 4:46pm
newmann wrote:
Holy shit, I wonder if Aldon ever considered that?

You might be onto something with this one Newmann.
Get a room you two
akillerwombat
8/25/2018 4:48pm
early wrote:
Get a room you two
Honestly, pizza worked for Roczen.

After he bounced from Aldon's program he bulked up and started kicking it up.... aside from the gnarly get offs.
davis224
Fantasy
182nd
8/25/2018 4:50pm
Would you say the same about Windham?
8/25/2018 4:56pm Edited Date/Time 8/25/2018 4:57pm
Honestly, pizza worked for Roczen.

After he bounced from Aldon's program he bulked up and started kicking it up.... aside from the gnarly get offs.
Lol.
Steadman
8/25/2018 4:57pm
I'd say Marvin is winning, and has nothing to be ashamed of. He didn't win this title but he made Eli work until the final moto of the year. Marvin is one of the best in the world right now, and just got edged out, plain and simple.
omalley
8/25/2018 5:01pm
Steadman wrote:
I'd say Marvin is winning, and has nothing to be ashamed of. He didn't win this title but he made Eli work until the final moto...
I'd say Marvin is winning, and has nothing to be ashamed of. He didn't win this title but he made Eli work until the final moto of the year. Marvin is one of the best in the world right now, and just got edged out, plain and simple.
Eli’s factory bike taking a shit had far more to do with the title being close than Marvin.
One thing Marvin is undisputed leader in: most elapsed time of podium interviews. I’ve never seen someone spend that long justifying why getting your ass kicked is okay.
GODZILLA
8/25/2018 5:03pm
Steadman wrote:
I'd say Marvin is winning, and has nothing to be ashamed of. He didn't win this title but he made Eli work until the final moto...
Not saying he should be ashamed. But coming once again oh so close and missing must get real frustrating.
TXDirt
8/25/2018 5:05pm
It came down to the last Moto if the year. What more can Marvin do. I’m not even a fan of his. Props to both riders.
GODZILLA
8/25/2018 5:07pm
omalley wrote:
Eli’s factory bike taking a shit had far more to do with the title being close than Marvin. One thing Marvin is undisputed leader in: most...
Eli’s factory bike taking a shit had far more to do with the title being close than Marvin.
One thing Marvin is undisputed leader in: most elapsed time of podium interviews. I’ve never seen someone spend that long justifying why getting your ass kicked is okay.
Yeah, can't help but wonder if he truly wants it hard enough. Always positive after getting beat, always saying "I tried my best and got some good points" even when his title hopes are fading. He'd have the right to appear pissed every once in a while...
8/25/2018 5:08pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2018 4:24am
Marvin was once again beaten this year by a better rider, there you go. However, other than Eli Tomac he had everyone else covered - so it was still a solid year for MM also. To get on the level of ET? It's the same problem for everyone having to race against him; they either need more sheer speed or must rely on him having a few "disaster motos" along the way. It's going to be difficult though because Eli definitely looked to make a leap this year in his riding, he was much more convincing in the way he won the title this yr.
Stoop
Fantasy
1021st
8/25/2018 5:09pm
hasn't been all bad

GODZILLA
8/25/2018 5:12pm Edited Date/Time 8/25/2018 5:13pm
MX83, should I remind you he beat Tomac in SX and still missed the title?
TXDirt
8/25/2018 5:12pm
omalley wrote:
Eli’s factory bike taking a shit had far more to do with the title being close than Marvin. One thing Marvin is undisputed leader in: most...
GODZILLA wrote:
Yeah, can't help but wonder if he truly wants it hard enough. Always positive after getting beat, always saying "I tried my best and got some...
Yeah, can't help but wonder if he truly wants it hard enough. Always positive after getting beat, always saying "I tried my best and got some good points" even when his title hopes are fading. He'd have the right to appear pissed every once in a while...
He’s taken it down to the last Moto of the year, two straight years.

And you are asking if he really “wants it” ???

I’m not a Marvin fan. But for fucks sake give some credit.
GODZILLA
8/25/2018 5:13pm Edited Date/Time 8/25/2018 5:17pm
Can't think of a guy this good with only one US title in such a long time, that's all. Yeah, maybe Windham... And it's still one more than DV.
Nighttrain
8/25/2018 5:13pm
GODZILLA wrote:
Yeah, can't help but wonder if he truly wants it hard enough. Always positive after getting beat, always saying "I tried my best and got some...
Maybe MM just isn’t as fast as KR and ET. Reference Dungey during Villiploto’s reign....
8/25/2018 5:17pm Edited Date/Time 8/25/2018 5:18pm
GODZILLA wrote:
He lost a title to Wil Hahn.
Amd Tomac lost a title to Broc Tickle in 2011. Your point...?
Kawi15
8/25/2018 5:28pm
GODZILLA wrote:
He lost a title to Wil Hahn.
Amd Tomac lost a title to Broc Tickle in 2011. Your point...?
I do not think that is a negative against Marvin. Wil Hahn had some good speed some nights. Wil just seemed to be too injury prone to be consistent at that level.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
8/25/2018 5:32pm Edited Date/Time 8/25/2018 5:33pm
I don't know but I think he's done very well for himself. Won a world title, moved to a different country with very little English, won some races, won a 250sx title, still a top contender to this day.

Of all the guys that have won a 250 title whether SX or MX that moved up to the 450 class I'd say he's one of the more successful one's.

A lot of guys would wish to have the same kind of success he's had.

Will he ever win a 450 title? Who knows but time will tell. I wouldn't count him out for SX 2019.
milliebays
8/25/2018 5:33pm
Steadman wrote:
omalley wrote:
This for fk sake. Can we hace an intervention already. Press conferences hes in are unwatchable
Indy mxer
8/25/2018 5:35pm
omalley wrote:
GODZILLA wrote:
TXDirt wrote:
He’s taken it down to the last Moto of the year, two straight years. And you are asking if he really “wants it” ??? I’m not...

C'mon man, are you serious? I think MM is a great rider but ET had him covered all year and he knew it. Did you notice his body language on the podium when he got his ass kicked at Washougal and Budds?

If it wasn't for the mechanical at Redbud, it wouldn't have been close. There really wasn't any drama. Did anyone really think ET was going to give up 20 points today? Just like last year. That's why I don't go to the Ironman anymore, even though I live less than 2 hours away. Very rarely any drama in either class.
TXDirt
8/25/2018 5:38pm
GODZILLA wrote:
TXDirt wrote:
He’s taken it down to the last Moto of the year, two straight years. And you are asking if he really “wants it” ??? I’m not...

Indy mxer wrote:
C'mon man, are you serious? I think MM is a great rider but ET had him covered all year and he knew it. Did you notice...
C'mon man, are you serious? I think MM is a great rider but ET had him covered all year and he knew it. Did you notice his body language on the podium when he got his ass kicked at Washougal and Budds?

If it wasn't for the mechanical at Redbud, it wouldn't have been close. There really wasn't any drama. Did anyone really think ET was going to give up 20 points today? Just like last year. That's why I don't go to the Ironman anymore, even though I live less than 2 hours away. Very rarely any drama in either class.
Marvin took it down to the last Moto. What part of that does your pea sized brain not understand??

Respect the racers. Eli won. Marvin didn’t give up.

Don’t hate. Just appreciate.
mister2dt
8/25/2018 5:41pm
TXDirt wrote:

Indy mxer wrote:
C'mon man, are you serious? I think MM is a great rider but ET had him covered all year and he knew it. Did you notice...

TXDirt wrote:
Marvin took it down to the last Moto. What part of that does your pea sized brain not understand?? Respect the racers. Eli won. Marvin didn’t...
Marvin took it down to the last Moto. What part of that does your pea sized brain not understand??

Respect the racers. Eli won. Marvin didn’t give up.

Don’t hate. Just appreciate.
Marvin didnt take it to the last moto. Marvin was fortunate to be in it on the last weekend, due to a mechanical on Eli’s bike. That was luck, not Marvins doing

Post a reply to: Musquin lost. Again.

The Latest