Related:
Create New Tag

3/10/2019 12:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/10/2019 12:44 AM

Wild. I was rooting for him tonight.

Photo

|

3/10/2019 1:05 AM

That's crazy, but stats don't lie. It's Webb's fault, lol. Seriously, interesting numbers. Thanks.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

3/10/2019 3:06 AM

Damn. I would not have thought that.

Also, Savatgy 14, Musquin 0. Who would have thought that at this point??

|

3/10/2019 3:16 AM

I could add : "whereas he is the best starter".

For sure it must be frustating for him not to have some wins yet, but on the other hand he is riding better than ever so it should come soon.

|

3/10/2019 3:51 AM

Frustration? Nah...
wink
Photo

|

3/10/2019 4:15 AM

Tomac broke him last summer.

|

3/10/2019 4:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/10/2019 4:21 AM

Marvin just hasnt found his BEAST mode yet ... maybe next race wink still up there and can wint his series
hase same points total as Tomac , but he needed 3 wins for it ...go figure

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

3/10/2019 4:22 AM

Every race so far where he had the chance to pass the leader he effed up and made a mistake. This race again where he chose to follow Baggett into the sand turn instead of railing the outside and make a pass (like Tomac did). He's very fast, but he can't keep making these mental mistakes.

|

3/10/2019 4:52 AM

Not sure what's wrong with him. He used to lack a little speed but hardly made mistakes. Now it's the opposite. Often he's the fastest but he makes like 7 small mistakes a lap...

|

3/10/2019 6:22 AM

Guy is tied for 2nd place in the series at the half way point and people are thinking something is wrong with him? Marvin is having another great year.

|

3/10/2019 7:09 AM

Frank wrote:

Guy is tied for 2nd place in the series at the half way point and people are thinking something is wrong with him? Marvin is having another great year.

He got really lucky last night. One of the 30 mistakes could have easily led to a crash. Then he would be 4th in the points.

On the other hand, he's "only" 19 points out now. Had he passed Webb, that would be only 13 points. He can't really afford to get beat by Webb anymore.

I just hope Webb has one bad night and the four of them go into Vegas within a few points.
I mean 3 of them are pretty much tied on points now

|

3/10/2019 7:32 AM

Frank wrote:

crusty_xx wrote:

He got really lucky last night. One of the 30 mistakes could have easily led to a crash. Then he would be 4th in the points.

On the other hand, he's "only" 19 points out now. Had he passed Webb, that would be only 13 points. He can't really afford to get beat by Webb anymore.

I just hope Webb has one bad night and the four of them go into Vegas within a few points.
I mean 3 of them are pretty much tied on points now

He's still in it, but he NEEDED to pass Webb last night. He had the speed but wasn't aggressive enough to get it done. Too many mistakes meant he was making up 1.5 seconds every lap because he kept losing 1.5 to a missed rhythm section, etc...

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

ZachO fan! ZO16

TG243 fan!

3/10/2019 7:50 AM

Press516 wrote:

He's still in it, but he NEEDED to pass Webb last night. He had the speed but wasn't aggressive enough to get it done. Too many mistakes meant he was making up 1.5 seconds every lap because he kept losing 1.5 to a missed rhythm section, etc...

This is the plain and simple truyh.

|

THERE IS NO SECOND MOTO IN LIFE!

3/10/2019 7:53 AM

gnarwhip wrote:

Tomac broke him last summer.

Wrong. Webb broke him last weekend

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

3/10/2019 8:31 AM

|

3/10/2019 1:14 PM

I've said it before but to me it seems that Marvin struggles a bit when a win or championship is in site. I'm not sure if he just starts thinking about it too much and makes mistakes or what. Obviously last night isn't a great example as the track was very easy to make a mistake on but I feel we've seen this on numerous occasions.

|

3/10/2019 1:16 PM

He’s up against some fast guys. There’s that.

|

3/10/2019 1:38 PM

Forty wrote:

Hey, someone gets it. He was also way behind the eight ball at the beginning of the season. Wait for a really technical and/or muddy weekend and let's see how he does.

|

3/10/2019 1:39 PM

It's interesting to browse thru numbers and stats up to this point in the series but the bottom line is scoreboard and none of that other stuff matters. Barcia won a race and Wilson led laps whatever. Roczen, Tomac, and Musquin have to string wins together if any of them are going to have a chance. There is only 7 races left and none of those guys really look up to putting together a good win streak. Eli probably has the best chance to go on a run but he needs to get good starts every week and win several races in a row, right now. It's getting late in this series and the margin for error is getting small. Eli hasn't proven he can go 7 weeks in a row with great starts but we will see. Webb needs to just be cool and do what he's doing.

|

3/10/2019 2:12 PM

I think MM has been the fastest guy at a few of these races and I thought he was faster than Webb last night but man made a few key mistakes that killed his chances, and getting past Webb last night would have been massive for a whole bunch of reasons. Getting down to it here. It will be harder for Webb coming up in that each race will ramp up the pressure and it will be interesting to see how he can handle it.

|

"If you don't put your work ahead of your talent, you won't win." Mike Babcock

3/10/2019 2:30 PM

bents wrote:

I think MM has been the fastest guy at a few of these races and I thought he was faster than Webb last night but man made a few key mistakes that killed his chances, and getting past Webb last night would have been massive for a whole bunch of reasons. Getting down to it here. It will be harder for Webb coming up in that each race will ramp up the pressure and it will be interesting to see how he can handle it.

It's going to be interesting to see how pressure effects all these guys. I think Musquin appeared a tad desperate last night riding over his head a bit to catch Webb. This has been a great season because there have been so many guys in the mix the whole time. Webb will feel pressure down the stretch but so will the others. With 4 guys still in the points chase, there is at least one guy off the podium every week and add Baggett in the mix, these guys are gonna get real determined to make passes because none of these guys can really afford to ride around in 5th all night.

|

3/10/2019 3:52 PM

That’s crazy, his mistakes have cost him big this year.

|

3/10/2019 4:16 PM

I think he would lead and win a lot if he was comfortable wearing the bad guy or villain hat. He did it once on a last lap pass of Tomac for a win. Tomac complained about it and Marv tried to explain himself instead of saying, "yeah I cleaned you out for the win, so what?" or something to that effect. Just my 2 cents...

|

3/10/2019 4:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/10/2019 4:22 PM

Pretty impressive to be that far up in the standings with no laps led. At Daytona he was definitely hanging it out trying to win.

But also has highest average start with no laps led. Perplexing.

|

3/10/2019 4:31 PM

Forty wrote:

GuyB wrote:

Hey, someone gets it. He was also way behind the eight ball at the beginning of the season. Wait for a really technical and/or muddy weekend and let's see how he does.

I thought he was on it at Daytona. The stall cost him a legit shot at the win

|

3/10/2019 4:33 PM

What I've learned from vital:

1. Musquin is 2nd in points and he sucks, his season sucks, and he's a headcase
2. Tomac is also 2nd in points but he's basically won the championship, he was a headcase but now he's in some sort of "beast mode"
3. Roczen is out of contention even though he's only 2 points behind the 2nd place guys.

|

3/10/2019 6:21 PM

Marvin was ready. Just a few too many mistakes. His last 3 races at Indy. 1,2,1. Should be another great race next week!

|

3/10/2019 6:41 PM

He's as fast and talented as anyone out there. He started out the season a little weak due to his injury and results were inconsistent. By the time he was 100 percent, he had a lot of "hasn't won one yet" and "beat by Webb again" looming over him along with pressure compiling up to change that. Now that pressure is snowballing and affecting him more each week. He's just another talented rider letting pressure get the best of him.

|

3/10/2019 7:50 PM

When is Marvin's contract up at KTM? Not asking because I think he sucks, or think he's finished or blah blah. Also not asking because I think KTM has lost any faith in him. Just asking because I don't know, and this thread made me think of it. I don't see why they would replace him, I just don't know when his contracts up.

|

3/10/2019 8:23 PM

bents wrote:

TY838 wrote:

It's going to be interesting to see how pressure effects all these guys. I think Musquin appeared a tad desperate last night riding over his head a bit to catch Webb. This has been a great season because there have been so many guys in the mix the whole time. Webb will feel pressure down the stretch but so will the others. With 4 guys still in the points chase, there is at least one guy off the podium every week and add Baggett in the mix, these guys are gonna get real determined to make passes because none of these guys can really afford to ride around in 5th all night.

I agree-pressure all around. But Webb has the plate, and the plate gets heavy. I also think MM is PISSED to be losing to Webb-almost trying too hard. But there is no doubt there is some urgency in MM's riding, and I would suggest none of the front runners is happy to be seeing Webb have all of this success. At some point diplomacy is going to go out the window.

|

"If you don't put your work ahead of your talent, you won't win." Mike Babcock