Musquin for USA

Robgvx
8/5/2017 2:44am
Xavier wrote:
Marvin won't ride MXDN (need surgery to clean up the knee) but if he had, it'd have been for France, obviously. There used to be a...
Marvin won't ride MXDN (need surgery to clean up the knee) but if he had, it'd have been for France, obviously.
There used to be a rule saying that if you had participated for a Nation in the past you could not switch to another, even if you had obtained a passport.
I guess it's no longer in effect; didn't J Mart ride for Puerto Rico, then USA ?
Deano: Canada and then GB
tmauto769
Fantasy
1001st
8/5/2017 3:36am
USA is a nation of immigrants. So hell yes we would be proud.
Speak for yourself buttercup, I would not be proud knowing, that I just grabbed up another country's best rider because who I had available either wasn't up to the task or didn't feel like it. We should show up with who we have do our best and take it on the chin and try to do better next time. That's exactly what the other countries were doing when we were kicking their ass's.
Sideways
8/5/2017 5:30am
rpoint116 wrote:
France HAS passed on him the past couple of years. I thought I read that both him and his wife both received their US citizenship last...
France HAS passed on him the past couple of years.

I thought I read that both him and his wife both received their US citizenship last fall. Maybe I was incorrect.

Not meaning to start and international crisis.
Marvin raced for france in 2015 for the victory. At that time, Marvin was on top of his game and showed it at mxdn. The other years France has had rider that was faster and better options than Marvin. He would have had thw spot this year because he is riding better than ever but he needs to get his knee fixed.

Theres no "shutting marvin out" going on from the french team. They just take the riders that rides best at the time.
St Ann More
8/5/2017 6:20am
Plugga wrote:
So.....if you race in the US for a few years you automatically become eligible to ride for the US. Got it. Blink
You know it's desperate when they want 'euros' on their team.

The Shop

PressPassP
8/5/2017 6:31am
rpoint116 wrote:
France HAS passed on him the past couple of years. I thought I read that both him and his wife both received their US citizenship last...
France HAS passed on him the past couple of years.

I thought I read that both him and his wife both received their US citizenship last fall. Maybe I was incorrect.

Not meaning to start and international crisis.
Sideways wrote:
Marvin raced for france in 2015 for the victory. At that time, Marvin was on top of his game and showed it at mxdn. The other...
Marvin raced for france in 2015 for the victory. At that time, Marvin was on top of his game and showed it at mxdn. The other years France has had rider that was faster and better options than Marvin. He would have had thw spot this year because he is riding better than ever but he needs to get his knee fixed.

Theres no "shutting marvin out" going on from the french team. They just take the riders that rides best at the time.
Yes,Marvin has often been in great form in the US and done well at the MXdN but other riders in Europe have been deemed faster some years and they were in Europe too.

Marvin would surely always want to ride for France,as would Roczen want to Germany I'don't expect despite bizarrely sounding like a California locall in a few years Grinning

Post a reply to: Musquin for USA

The Latest