Musquin done?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/3/2020 8:02 AM

Was listening to Mathes and Weege talk about Marvin on one of pods today, they seem to be edging towards him being potentially done racing? Seems very odd that he hasn't been riding after having surgery over 6 months ago. They mentioned it might be something to do with Brian Moreau and his brother both getting paralysed racing and maybe that has affected him a bit to much to carry on? Anyway, I hope it isn't the last we see of the Frenchman out there.

|

6/3/2020 8:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/3/2020 8:05 AM

Very understandable if he is. I can't imagine being in that position. He had a great career and has earned my respect.

|

6/3/2020 8:07 AM

That would for sure suck. Marvin has given us some of the best racing in the past 5 years and is always a threat.

Total respect to whichever decision he makes, but I hope he's there for outdoors!

|

Holeshot Coffee Co.
Each bag sold donates $1 to Road2Recovery

6/3/2020 8:08 AM

Must be a tough pill to swallow first you’re brother and this year the young Monreau.

|

6/3/2020 8:13 AM

He said just recently his goal is still to be ready for the outdoors, but honestly, if he hasn't been able to get back on the bike by now, there's something either wrong mentally or physically he's not talking about.

Either way, I hope he gets himself healthy and, if he decides to call it, he's got nothing to be ashamed of.

|

6/3/2020 8:32 AM

That would be a real bummer... But also understandable. He's such a fast and talented dude that I hope he get's "it" back.

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

ZachO fan! ZO16

TG243 fan!

6/3/2020 8:36 AM

Isn't it just his knee is not ready to ride yet?

|

6/3/2020 8:40 AM

Would be a real loss to the sport. But I get it.... If he is done racing, I'd love to see him stay involved in some capacity. The two of them are just awesome people.

|

Support those who protect us....our military, law enforcement and 1st responders.

6/3/2020 8:44 AM

If he is done, someone should probably tell him. His insta is full of him training every day. He is training for something...

|

6/3/2020 8:45 AM

I think a lot of people forget he is older than the competition. He is 30 years old, that's longer than most last at his speed.

|

6/3/2020 8:48 AM

jpmoney57 wrote:

Was listening to Mathes and Weege talk about Marvin on one of pods today, they seem to be edging towards him being potentially ...more

Well, if him quiting turns out to be true KTM should be on the phone to the other french dude... DF.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

6/3/2020 8:52 AM

Beeby wrote:

If he is done, someone should probably tell him. His insta is full of him training every day. He is training for something...

Yeah, but the point is he was injured 9 months ago and still isn't back on the bike.

Really hope it's just a lingering issue with his knee that's taking longer than expected to heal and we get to see him again at some point.

|

6/3/2020 8:56 AM

Beeby wrote:

Exactly, not the actions of a guy hanging it up.

Just as we are wildly speculating here, so was that podcast.

Maybe he had way more wrong with his knee than we knew? Maybe he is just taking more time to get it right. Whatever the case, I hope he comes back soon.

|

6/3/2020 9:00 AM

jpmoney57 wrote:

Was listening to Mathes and Weege talk about Marvin on one of pods today, they seem to be edging towards him being potentially ...more

Boomslang wrote:

Well, if him quiting turns out to be true KTM should be on the phone to the other french dude... DF.

Pretty sure Matthes said DF to Yamaha was done in one of his pods.
If I were Dylan I definitely wouldve jumped to KTM over riding that YZ450 bec I think most would agree his chances of success are much better but it still doesnt hurt to get paid! LOL

|

6/3/2020 9:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/3/2020 9:24 AM

jpmoney57 wrote:

Boomslang wrote:

Lightning78 wrote:

If I were Dylan I definitely wouldve jumped to KTM over ...more

DF looked great on the blue bike in Bercy

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

6/3/2020 10:04 AM

jpmoney57 wrote:

Boomslang wrote:

Lightning78 wrote:

If I were Dylan I definitely wouldve jumped to KTM over ...more

Barcia made that thing work pretty well in January as well...

|

6/3/2020 11:32 AM

jpmoney57 wrote:

Barcia made that thing work pretty well in January as well...

No. The SX pros here have said the bike is a turd at the pro level and it cannot win.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

6/3/2020 11:37 AM

Beeby wrote:

Dungey still trains a lot. So does RC right now.

I think there is more going on at team 25 than we know. Matthes has tried to get info but everyone is tight lipped. Normally at this point there would be some statement that he'll be ready for MX. We now have July 18 as a firm(ish) date for outdoors, so if we don't see anything from KTM on Musquin being ready to go in the next 10 days then I will really start to think retirement might be on the table.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

6/3/2020 11:40 AM

If Marvin, or anyone, is a bit skittish on the gate thinking about what might happen, it is time to hang up the leathers.... When your mind isn't one hundred percent there, that's when things get extra dangerous

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

6/3/2020 11:51 AM

If his knee isn't well enough to be on a bike after 9 months, it isn't going to be right. Time to retire and start a family. Best of luck to him.

|

6/3/2020 12:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/3/2020 12:02 PM

I posted the following back in February, after Brian's accident in Tampa:

Changing gears here, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Marvin calls it a career. I've had the thought before, especially with him missing this SX season with injury. Between his age, his own injuries, his brother Mickael's paralysis, and now Brian, I know what I'd do. He's had a great career. On top of that, I'm sure Mathilde being this close to Brian's injury (which is an awesome thing of her to do) is changing her support of Marvin's racing. How could it not?

Marvin posted a picture on IG today of him riding his standup jet ski. I'm no doctor, but those things are just as hard on your knees as a dirt scooter. Time will tell, but IMO, it is increasingly doubtful that Marvin will return to racing.

|

6/3/2020 12:00 PM

Marv made a comment on his IG a few days ago that he can't wait to be back on the gate. I think we'll see him doing at least some of the outdoor series.

|

6/3/2020 12:42 PM

He will do something similar with Dungey, RV or Windham... line up but quit before season is done.
Lets hope DF will be next one in KTM team.

|

6/3/2020 3:48 PM

If I’m being honest Brian’s injury had me thinking about hanging it up, and I don’t know him. Marv has to be feeling that. He’s human.

Any update on Brian’s condition?

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

6/3/2020 4:19 PM

Marv will be racing soon

|

6/3/2020 4:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/3/2020 4:25 PM

I still believe Musquin can challange Tomac for an outdoor title. Would be great to see Tomac, Roczen, and Musquin battling it out for a title. He shouldn't retire without a 450 title because he is definitely capable of getting one.

|

6/3/2020 5:10 PM

I hope not, He seems like a great guy, good to watch on a bike and capable of challenging for championships.

If he does hang it up though, he has had a hell of a career and I am sure will have a hell of a retirement.

|

6/3/2020 6:27 PM

Nothing serious can allow to think that Musquin will not come back this summer and for 2021.
He takes lot of time for his re-education, re-athletics ? Clever to him.

|

6/3/2020 7:27 PM

12 Supercross podiums last year (I think). spanked all the heavies multiple times. Hope he comes back.

|

6/4/2020 2:49 AM

He's had a few operations on his knee, and it can take a full year to properly recover from a knee surgery. Why rush it? I think he learned something from previous knee surgeries. I took 11 months off after acl and cartilage repair on a femur.

|