Musquin crash

greenmx5
7/8/2017 8:32pm Edited Date/Time 7/10/2017 1:38pm
Nasty.

But how many people noticed the flagger right where musquin went off the track didn't even move. He didn't even know someone was out of control heading right for him. This ain't even funny anymore. These guys are gonna get themselves hurt or someone else.

My 2 cents. Flame on.
|
milliebays
7/8/2017 8:46pm
i dunno but matilde looked pissed. and uh her watch is big
NeedMoto
7/8/2017 9:36pm
Spit up my yogurtLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

The Shop

gnarwhip
7/8/2017 9:47pm Edited Date/Time 7/8/2017 9:49pm
KurtJ99
Fantasy
679th
7/8/2017 10:29pm
https://instagram.com/p/BWTtVlinKyl/

Another angle of Marvins crash from a trackside fan. A language warning for those with sensitive ears.
That's a great view of a nasty crash. Hope Marvin is OK. Teams are pretty tight lipped so it's hard to tell.
Bearuno
7/8/2017 10:38pm
Who in hell allowed that - what is it, a VIP picnic table area? - tent with the checkered tables so close to the edge of the track, right at a jump with a 'jink' to the right?

And, as per usual, the UTV being right next to the track.

dirtnapper
7/8/2017 11:18pm
He looked SO gutted when he pulled his helmet off Sad

Dude was hauling the mail and looking awesome doing it as well.
KDXGarage
7/8/2017 11:59pm
Bearuno wrote:
Who in hell allowed that - what is it, a VIP picnic table area? - tent with the checkered tables so close to the edge of...
Who in hell allowed that - what is it, a VIP picnic table area? - tent with the checkered tables so close to the edge of the track, right at a jump with a 'jink' to the right?

I would feel safe at those tables IF it was a PW50 race. This is silly, including the UTV / golf cart RIGHT by the track.

Motofinne
7/9/2017 12:06am Edited Date/Time 7/9/2017 12:27am
UTVs and team members waving their towels almost on the track. The two big, big safety issues with this series that just continues to happen year after year.

It's a joke. And it's amazing that nothing major has happened yet.
ledger
7/9/2017 12:20am
Bearuno wrote:
Who in hell allowed that - what is it, a VIP picnic table area? - tent with the checkered tables so close to the edge of...

KDXGarage wrote:
I would feel safe at those tables IF it was a PW50 race. This is silly, including the UTV / golf cart RIGHT by the track.

Yep, I hate to say it but, luck will run out eventually. I hope this opened the eyes to the safety guru's.
Question
7/9/2017 1:23am
The mule, but also the second pole where Musquin almost got empalled, shouldn't be there. I noticed 1 tree too in another part of the track. The pole is not recurrent but mules are, it is a big one waiting to happen.

On the positive side, we found Reed's tablecloth Grinning
hellion
7/9/2017 3:15am
Back when Ralph and Diane ran the place, my best friend was in charge of grooming the track. I asked him to remove those poles, and he did. Then for whatever reason, they made him put them back. I have no idea why they would need to be there. But Marvin got very, very lucky.
DC
7/9/2017 6:27am Edited Date/Time 7/9/2017 3:41pm
The mule is Dr. John Bodnar's of the Alpinestars Mobile Medical Unit. It was on the side of the face of the jump, not the landing, where he could get to an accident like Marvin's quickly. He (or one of his fellow doctors) been parking there for years. I will request that he park somewhere else next year.

The poles were part of their old watering system. They should go too.

DC
Racer X
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
7/9/2017 7:14am
DC wrote:
The mule is Dr. John Bodnar's of the Alpinestars Mobile Medical Unit. It was on the side of the face of the jump, not the landing...
The mule is Dr. John Bodnar's of the Alpinestars Mobile Medical Unit. It was on the side of the face of the jump, not the landing, where he could get to an accident like Marvin's quickly. He (or one of his fellow doctors) been parking there for years. I will request that he park somewhere else next year.

DC
Racer X
Good call.
imoto34
Fantasy
3151st
7/9/2017 7:16am
DC wrote:
The mule is Dr. John Bodnar's of the Alpinestars Mobile Medical Unit. It was on the side of the face of the jump, not the landing...

DC
Racer X
This guy takes the time to say what needs said. Why can't dc be incharge of it alll......
TDeath21
7/9/2017 8:31am Edited Date/Time 7/9/2017 8:31am
So what's the solution guys? Every little crash everyone complains about this or that. Staff 1 flagger every 10 feet on each side of the track? Move all fans 50 feet away from the track? Have all doctors flying around in helicopters so they can drop in wherever needed? My god people. There's a risk in motocross. The fans up by the fence know this. The riders know this. We know this. I see a ton of complaining but no solutions offered.
Hut
7/9/2017 8:49am
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X
Right on DC!
Mini Elsinore
7/9/2017 8:55am
DC manning up-----as usual.
How many promoter's would even reply?
JustMX
7/9/2017 9:07am
greenmx5 wrote:
Nasty. But how many people noticed the flagger right where musquin went off the track didn't even move. He didn't even know someone was out of...
Nasty.

But how many people noticed the flagger right where musquin went off the track didn't even move. He didn't even know someone was out of control heading right for him. This ain't even funny anymore. These guys are gonna get themselves hurt or someone else.

My 2 cents. Flame on.
wtf?

He isn't supposed to be watching people come towards him.

He was doing exactly what he was supposed to be doing, watching his area.

This weekly flagger bashing from the nbc gold couch experts is really getting old,,,

Money
7/9/2017 9:14am
I agree with the wooden stakes. Would hate to see someone crash and then land on them would not be pretty. Just look at coopers crash from redbud he flew and landed at the base of the banners.
burnside
7/9/2017 9:54am
DC manning up-----as usual.
How many promoter's would even reply?
Agreed. He has a lot of class, and patience for us fans.
JustMX
7/9/2017 1:53pm Edited Date/Time 7/9/2017 1:54pm
You guys know that those are hardwood stakes, right? They are cut off close to square.

These are not the old pine stakes that would get a point on them from hammering.

I would venture that repeaters, as much as some of us dislike them, are pretty much a requirement to get the linear feet of signage required to get sponsors to participate.

What would you guys suggest as a realistic alternative, sign panels? Inflattables? Huge fixed billboards? Alternatives are either going to be more dangerous, block viewing, or require more setback.

In the history of the nationals, are there any documented incidents where a rider was injured?
I don't mean a rider at an amateur sx that fell on a sharp pine stake or something you heard about from your buddy's cousin that once cleaned the pool for a former pro rider's lawn guy.

I would bet there are many more riders that have gotten injured by footpegs and sprockets, yet I have seen no calls for peg covers and enclosed sprockets/wheels or shafts drive requirements.

As far as the posts at southwick. Look at them. It appears they are a piece of pvc pipe slipped over a smaller sprinkler line to get it up high enough for the sprinkler to function and support the smaller line and keep it from wobbling. Unless they are buried more than is reasonable to function in that capacity they are pretty much break-aways, and they sure beat the living hell out of metal or wooden posts I have seen used at other tracks over the years.

The wick is open on a regular basis for amateur practice and racing. I bet there are plenty of vital members that have ridden there and perhaps even seen or experienced what happens when they get hit.

I would also bet that the operators of the facility know exactly how they work from fixing them when someone does hit them.

There are so many risks in this sport, and there should certainly be discussion to minimize them but more facts and a dose of reality are helpful as well.

7/9/2017 2:46pm Edited Date/Time 7/9/2017 4:15pm
If this is as safe as we can reasonably get, then I guess it'll have to do.

Money
7/9/2017 3:16pm
Didn't Kyle regal land on a wooden stake back in the day at steel city? Maybe valli days?
Coyote
7/9/2017 3:20pm
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X
imoto34 wrote:
This guy takes the time to say what needs said. Why can't dc be incharge of it alll......
dc wears alot of hats but gets it done. kyle regal in 2010 at Mt. Morris 1st lap hit a slick spot and hit a jump sideways, landed on a stake that wasn't capped, impaled him and spent a few days in the hospital, following year, those stakes are all capped!!
Excaliburbmx
7/9/2017 4:41pm
Musquin was the only rider I seen cross jump there.
Maybe trying to run Tomac pace is just to much for him on that track.
plowboy
7/9/2017 5:05pm
Hmmm....ahhh, nope.
Excaliburbmx
7/9/2017 7:10pm
plowboy wrote:
Hmmm....ahhh, nope.
So how many people jumped up there?

Post a reply to: Musquin crash

The Latest