Musquin Stalled Bike?

ctbale
So Musquin is pushin hard, cross ruts, goes off the track, gasses it, re-enters the track, enters the next corner, bike comes to a stop and he puts his foot down and starts looking behind him.

Immediately I am thinking electrical problem, then I start thinking he wanted to let a guy by him to possibly prevent "in his mind" getting dinged for gaining an advantage by exit/entering track or what ever.

The last thing I thought was he stomped the rear brake pedal hard and killed the engine. If he would have done that, dont you just pull in the clutch, hit the EZ button and GO! Not even having to put your foot down?

Just took a long time, kinda like when Tomac falls over.

Anybody else get that same impression?

|
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
3/10/2019 3:22pm
I thought the same thing. He gassed it hard off the track and Ricky started talking about how he could be penalized for that.. then suddenly musquin stalls it with zero urgency in getting restarted.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
3/10/2019 3:30pm
Probably tried to re-fire it in third or second gear with the clutch in and it wasn’t having it, then finally downshifted or put it in neutral to start it...hot race engines don’t always like starting higher gears, even with electric start.
milliebays
3/10/2019 4:17pm
for as smooth of a rider as he is, he can sure spaz out at times.
Sluggo77
3/10/2019 4:24pm
The longer he goes without a win, the harder he presses, the more he makes mistakes...He has the talent to hole shot and checkout for a win, but he just can't seem to put it together.

The Shop

zehn
3/10/2019 4:26pm
milliebays wrote:
for as smooth of a rider as he is, he can sure spaz out at times.
I think that's because he rides so smoothly and in control 95% of the time, he's not really all that comfortable pushing it to the edge or riding over his head like some other riders are. So when he does he makes all sorts of goofy mistakes.
ledger
3/10/2019 5:12pm
I'm not bashing MM, he's extremely fast, talented and technical but I personally think adding some upper muscle mass could help him to avoid some of his costly mistakes.
Jimb365
3/10/2019 6:04pm
ctbale wrote:
So Musquin is pushin hard, cross ruts, goes off the track, gasses it, re-enters the track, enters the next corner, bike comes to a stop and...
So Musquin is pushin hard, cross ruts, goes off the track, gasses it, re-enters the track, enters the next corner, bike comes to a stop and he puts his foot down and starts looking behind him.

Immediately I am thinking electrical problem, then I start thinking he wanted to let a guy by him to possibly prevent "in his mind" getting dinged for gaining an advantage by exit/entering track or what ever.

The last thing I thought was he stomped the rear brake pedal hard and killed the engine. If he would have done that, dont you just pull in the clutch, hit the EZ button and GO! Not even having to put your foot down?

Pitboard said let Webb by
3/10/2019 6:04pm
ledger wrote:
I'm not bashing MM, he's extremely fast, talented and technical but I personally think adding some upper muscle mass could help him to avoid some of...
I'm not bashing MM, he's extremely fast, talented and technical but I personally think adding some upper muscle mass could help him to avoid some of his costly mistakes.
I was thinking the same thing. He's really thin, adding a little bit of muscle I think would do him good. He's light enough that adding a few pounds of muscle wouldn't slow him down.
3/10/2019 6:17pm
ledger wrote:
I'm not bashing MM, he's extremely fast, talented and technical but I personally think adding some upper muscle mass could help him to avoid some of...
How so? He's obviously strong enough to throw the bike around, what will adding muscle mass do? Marvin just has a very thin build and I don't think that affects his performance, adding unnecessary muscle mass would though.
BMSOBx2
3/10/2019 6:21pm Edited Date/Time 3/10/2019 6:22pm
Jimb365 wrote:
Laughing
ledger
3/10/2019 7:26pm
ledger wrote:
How so? He's obviously strong enough to throw the bike around, what will adding muscle mass do? Marvin just has a very thin build and I...
How so? He's obviously strong enough to throw the bike around, what will adding muscle mass do? Marvin just has a very thin build and I don't think that affects his performance, adding unnecessary muscle mass would though.
It's just a guess on my part, and wondering what might give him a better advantage by keeping the bike on the track. Not W. Peick mass, just a bit more upper body strength to correct mistakes.
jemcee
3/10/2019 7:34pm
ctbale wrote:
So Musquin is pushin hard, cross ruts, goes off the track, gasses it, re-enters the track, enters the next corner, bike comes to a stop and...

Jimb365 wrote:
*BYE
ctbale
3/10/2019 11:22pm
ledger wrote:
First time I saw him in person I couldn't believe how skinny he was.

And yeah he was really wanting to "get bye Web" bad!!!!! That's the most squirrely I've ever seen Marvin ride
Robgvx
3/11/2019 12:34am
And that is why pros should use a Rekluse clutch.
3/11/2019 4:26am
ML512 wrote:
Probably tried to re-fire it in third or second gear with the clutch in and it wasn’t having it, then finally downshifted or put it in...
Probably tried to re-fire it in third or second gear with the clutch in and it wasn’t having it, then finally downshifted or put it in neutral to start it...hot race engines don’t always like starting higher gears, even with electric start.
Same thing happened to me the other day. I was leading, stalled in a corner and couldn’t get it fired back up immediately.
I doubt it was a conscious decision to lose positions on purpose. He went off and on track within a few seconds and joining a rhythm lane mid section would be very dangerous so he did the right thing
ob
3/11/2019 7:39am
You guys ever try starting your ktm/husky in gear? It doesn't usually start, you can see him trying to get it in neutral and restart.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
3/11/2019 7:43am Edited Date/Time 3/11/2019 7:44am
ob wrote:
You guys ever try starting your ktm/husky in gear? It doesn't usually start, you can see him trying to get it in neutral and restart.
I did this without the clutch in and happened to blip the throttle a second after... thought I was going to shatter my gearbox when it clanked and lurched forward.
Not gonna do that again, but was surprised how strong it started while sitting in gear haha (that was my exc-f though, not an sx-f).

Post a reply to: Musquin Stalled Bike?

The Latest