Musquin 2018...RD#2?

davistld01
I know that Marvin has a style all his own...especially in the whoops where he oftentimes jumps in and through them "Euro Style" intead of charging them like most US riders do, but he seems to have found his speed lately and his ability to run up front with Dungey, Tomac and Anderson and challenge for the win. Now, with Dungey retired...do you think that Musquin will use what he learned from training and riding with RD at Baker's farm and all to add Dungy-isms to his riding style and maybe some of the same consistency that Ryan exhibited? I know most of that can't be learned. Also, with Dungey's parting statement that leads me to believe he'll be working closely with Roger, Marvin and the boys from here on out as well...do you think we'll see a smoother, faster, more consistent rider out of Marvin Musquin?
|
5/18/2017 7:10am
If he were going to adjust his riding style to match Dungey's, he probably would have done that while they were riding together everyday for the past few years, not now that Dungey is on the sidelines.

His style will change going forward because he is constantly evolving as a rider, not because Dungey retired.
JRT812
5/18/2017 7:11am
MM is pretty smooth in my opinion, but I hope he can take it to the level as far as consistency goes. He has improved each year and I look for the same next sx year. At this point, I see him a level under KR and ET.
DavidR
5/18/2017 7:38am
You guys realize Marvin and Ryan are the same age right, both are 27. Seems like everyone thinks Marv is a lot younger than Ryan. He may prove me wrong but Marv's best years are probably behind him given his age and the fact that only 3 guys have ever won a supercross title after turning 27 years of age: MC, Karsmakers and now RD.
tempura
5/18/2017 7:47am
Why would he change his style now that Dungey has retired? That would probably be a mistake..

The Shop

JSmith
5/18/2017 10:08am
He will never win a SX title unless he figures out how to skim the whoops like the top few guys can do it. I believe JT said something like that in one of the podcasts, and I agree with him 100%.
BobPA
5/18/2017 11:02am
JSmith wrote:
He will never win a SX title unless he figures out how to skim the whoops like the top few guys can do it. I believe...
He will never win a SX title unless he figures out how to skim the whoops like the top few guys can do it. I believe JT said something like that in one of the podcasts, and I agree with him 100%.
He has an SX title?
51xc
5/18/2017 12:19pm
he isn't even close to tomacs speed (to be fair noone is) but he also is quite inconsistent.
brimx153
5/18/2017 3:22pm
JSmith wrote:
He will never win a SX title unless he figures out how to skim the whoops like the top few guys can do it. I believe...
i agree he wont in the 450 class ,untill he fixes his whoops . in fact this year might have been his best chance to ever win ,Because it was the year of NO WHOOPS . Really there was only 3 races with big whoops this year , and Marv did terrible at them all.

Post a reply to: Musquin 2018...RD#2?

The Latest