Musquin

shirey
Fantasy
4001st
7/20/2019 7:15pm Edited Date/Time 7/24/2019 11:15am
Anybody else gutted every time they see Musquin hit the deck? The dude gets ragged by American fans occasionally which is ridiculous and seems to run into bad luck constantly but he is one of the nicest guys in the series. I hate to see it. I think he’s got the speed if he can put it together but he’s running out of years quick.
|
colvin227
7/20/2019 7:36pm
I’m a tomac fan, so I don’t mind it one bit. Wink that’s part of racing and a bike breaking and stuff like that is bad luck. Going down frequently usually is rider error on some level. The dude has speed there is no doubt but a lot of times I think he rides over his head to run that pace.
Crush
7/20/2019 8:56pm
I’d rather see a battle for sure. That’s the thing about inconsistent starts though, you put yourself in harms way.

Do agree that when Marv goes super aggressive he rides worse and makes mistakes. Daytona this year was a perfect example, he was the best guy until he started riding over his head and then even more to try make up for the mistake.
ledger
7/20/2019 9:33pm
He owns the Hard Charger Award, and I mean that as a positive. Not many can get pinned under their motorcycle (Red Bud) and come back for an impressive finish. I also think Marvin is the type that can be competitive at age 35.
gnarwhip
7/20/2019 9:42pm
Lost respect for him when he t-boned Tomac in New Jersey. Then when he doubled on that Red Cross flag, and in his interview acted like he didn’t know, when he knew. People don’t forget.

The Shop

aeffertz
7/20/2019 9:48pm
A lot of his starts have been terrible this year, so I am right with you when you groan when the camera cuts to a pile up in the first corner and then dude that should be challenging Tomac every weekend is on the ground.

Webb has been killing the starts all year, maybe he could share his technique with him during the week!
hyler199
7/20/2019 10:00pm
gnarwhip wrote:
Lost respect for him when he t-boned Tomac in New Jersey. Then when he doubled on that Red Cross flag, and in his interview acted like...
Lost respect for him when he t-boned Tomac in New Jersey. Then when he doubled on that Red Cross flag, and in his interview acted like he didn’t know, when he knew. People don’t forget.
That's small shit get over it
kb228
7/20/2019 10:07pm
gnarwhip wrote:
Lost respect for him when he t-boned Tomac in New Jersey. Then when he doubled on that Red Cross flag, and in his interview acted like...
This is why i dont like him. He can be nice all day long but trying to bullshit thousands of people who saw it once and once again in slow motion isnt a good look
7/20/2019 10:08pm
Don’t like to see anyone go down but I do agree with the theory that he rides over his head fairly often. Though to be fair he was involved in a first turn pile up this weekend which definitely isn’t from riding over his head.
7/20/2019 10:27pm
Don’t like to see anyone go down but I do agree with the theory that he rides over his head fairly often. Though to be fair...
Don’t like to see anyone go down but I do agree with the theory that he rides over his head fairly often. Though to be fair he was involved in a first turn pile up this weekend which definitely isn’t from riding over his head.
Seems like he is pushing the limits more this year than previous years. I am hoping it gives him extra speed once he gets the crashing out of the way but that is yet to be proven.
tcallahan707
7/20/2019 10:34pm
gnarwhip wrote:
If it was Reed and Stew, you and the rest of Vital would jerk off.

The red cross flag has been covered. He didn't know until after the section which is what was ACTUALLY said in his interview.

People don't forget but memories are an illusion.
rsd47
7/21/2019 1:23am
One thing to note is he did an amazing job of damage limitation in that second moto. Only finished 2 spots behind Tomac when it could easily have been a huge points swing
GODZILLA
7/21/2019 2:13am
Yup, good he did, he's only 38 points back, now.
Laughing
Motofinne
7/21/2019 2:16am
He has been incredibly unlucky this year. He is getting older and i think this was the season where he had the best chance of winning a title.
rsd47
7/21/2019 2:24am
Motofinne wrote:
He has been incredibly unlucky this year. He is getting older and i think this was the season where he had the best chance of winning...
He has been incredibly unlucky this year. He is getting older and i think this was the season where he had the best chance of winning a title.
I agree, he's felt a bit 'desperate' at times, both indoors and outdoors and I think he's put himself in some bad situations early on in races as a result. Meanwhile Tomac is being the most consistent I've ever seen him, not riding above his head when things aren't going his way and actually extending his lead even on his bad days
Ericrob7
7/21/2019 3:08am
Motofinne wrote:
He has been incredibly unlucky this year. He is getting older and i think this was the season where he had the best chance of winning...
rsd47 wrote:
I agree, he's felt a bit 'desperate' at times, both indoors and outdoors and I think he's put himself in some bad situations early on in...
I agree, he's felt a bit 'desperate' at times, both indoors and outdoors and I think he's put himself in some bad situations early on in races as a result. Meanwhile Tomac is being the most consistent I've ever seen him, not riding above his head when things aren't going his way and actually extending his lead even on his bad days
You gotta believe pending some major disaster, Tomac will be the 3x champ.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
7/21/2019 4:46am
Yeah he has been unlucky but even without this Tomac is just the better rider this year.
I hope Marvin takes a title next year. He's gonna run out of time, he turns 30 this year
GODZILLA
7/21/2019 5:48am
Musquin's actually been very lucky: he's fighting much harder this year, which led him to many mistakes and crashes, and quite a few of them could very well have sent him to the hospital.
Spudinki45
Fantasy
2962nd
7/21/2019 7:15am
Musquin has made a ton of mistakes that have cost him as well as being super unlucky.
If you look at 2017 MX Season he only lost by 17 points. Eliminating the two mechanicals at Glen Helen by Eli and Musquin's and Tennessee, Musquin lost a ton of points by his knee injury and by crashing out at Southwick which probably lost him around 35 points. Without those two factors he would've won the title regardless of how Eli raced at Ironman, but it's a coulda shoulda woulda for Marv.
When looking at the 2019 MX Season, Marv has either crashed in the first turn or first lap 4 times where he has gone 8-7-7-7 in those motos costing him around 25 points if he would've finished 3rd in each of those motos bringing the gap with eli down from 38 to 13 and a much closer championship. Another factor this season is Marv's practice crash at Hangtown leading to a 7-4 finish when he probably would've gotten at least a podium without it. Once again losing him around 8 points bringing the gap with Tomac from the theoretical 13 to 5.
So once again a combination of Marv's mistakes and luck has cost him and it's a case of coulda shoulda woulda.
mooch
Fantasy
449th
7/21/2019 8:14am
gnarwhip wrote:
hyler199 wrote:
That's small shit get over it
Apparently, small minds hold on to small shit.
davistld01
7/21/2019 8:35am
Huge Musquin fan here. I think Marvin is his own worst enemy. If I were KTM/DeCoster/Musquin...I would do damn near nothing else but practice starts. Marvin is totally inconsistent in his starts, and he seems to go into hyper-aggressive mode when he gets trapped back in the pack...and winds up falling and getting hurt.

I’m not Aldon Baker or Dr. Phil...but Marvin’s career clock is ticking, and if he wants a title before he retires (and I believe he’s fully capable of one)...then he better put it together.
7/21/2019 10:14am
shirey wrote:
Anybody else gutted every time they see Musquin hit the deck? The dude gets ragged by American fans occasionally which is ridiculous and seems to run...
Anybody else gutted every time they see Musquin hit the deck? The dude gets ragged by American fans occasionally which is ridiculous and seems to run into bad luck constantly but he is one of the nicest guys in the series. I hate to see it. I think he’s got the speed if he can put it together but he’s running out of years quick.
Hate seeing him go down so much lately. I know it happens...but man, he she seems to be in the wrong place at the wrong time too much.

"American" fans who trash him...are an embarrassment to Americans everywhere.
SwingHard
7/23/2019 3:22pm
shirey wrote:
Anybody else gutted every time they see Musquin hit the deck? The dude gets ragged by American fans occasionally which is ridiculous and seems to run...
Unlucky? More like selfinflicted! Pala, gets caught passed and dropped late in the second moto by Tomac,losing points. Florida, same thing this time its Osborne,loses a few more points. Crashes all by himself gets trapped under his bike. Bad start has to deal with a ton of traffic and riders crashing,again valuable points gone! 3 Outdoor series in a row he has dug a hole for himself. Hardly unlucky,just a few examples of selfinflicted wounds!
Ranman68
7/24/2019 8:11am
I think he's got unreal talent. In my opinion, the more time goes by that he doesn't win a title, the more anxiety/panic he has about it, and the harder he tries. To the point of it causing inconsistency and crashes. I think it's just a mental thing that holds him back. Much like Tomac in supercross. It seems tomac has that hurdle covered outdoors, but Marvin doesn't. His age is also making it more urgent to get it done. Mental anxiety that causes mistakes is his problem. Not speed. He's ultra talented and capable. He's also a nice guy who just rambles too long in press conferences. There are worse things people do than that.

eGGz
7/24/2019 8:33am
Musquin has the upper body strength of a ballerina. He could get away with a lack of upper body development on the 250 but is problematic on the 450.
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
7/24/2019 8:40am
eGGz wrote:
Musquin has the upper body strength of a ballerina. He could get away with a lack of upper body development on the 250 but is problematic...
Musquin has the upper body strength of a ballerina. He could get away with a lack of upper body development on the 250 but is problematic on the 450.
Seriously? Have you seen him throw around a 450? I assure you the bike is not riding him.
7/24/2019 8:50am
Musquin hasn’t changed. Love the kid.
But Tomac is doing what he should have did 4 years ago. He’s doing what Dungey was smart enough to do. Pulling back to keep himself off his head.
Tomac has a couple outdoor titles and SX titles in him if he does that. Webb is coming though, and being mentored by some very smart people.

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
7/24/2019 8:53am
eGGz wrote:
Musquin has the upper body strength of a ballerina. He could get away with a lack of upper body development on the 250 but is problematic...
If Marvin's "ballerina" frame is holding him back so much, can you explain his results and why a "bigger" frame would be much better considering he beat like 98% of the field? Can't get much better than what he's doing.

eGGz
7/24/2019 9:43am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
If Marvin's "ballerina" frame is holding him back so much, can you explain his results and why a "bigger" frame would be much better considering he...
If Marvin's "ballerina" frame is holding him back so much, can you explain his results and why a "bigger" frame would be much better considering he beat like 98% of the field? Can't get much better than what he's doing.

Musquin is indeed a talented racer. IMO he does struggle where upper body strength can be a factor. Whoops for example. When I compare his genetic structure to other racers with 450 titles, Villopoto, Dungey, Tomac, Webb to name a few current champions. The characteristic that stands out to my eye is upper body. This is not to say that upper body strength is all that matters. But IMO it is this physical imbalance that is Musquin's missing component.

Post a reply to: Musquin

The Latest