Multiple bikes

nytsmaC
6/22/2014 7:03am
There's nothing worse than driving for hours to ride or race and having a small part break to prematurely end a great riding day. Having two bikes eliminates the need to carry a lot of spare parts. When I ride local I only bring one bike, but otherwise it's great piece of mind to have a spare bike, or a complete parts bike if you really favor riding one bike over the other. It also lets you have one setup for hardpack and one for soft.

It also helps with chasing suspension setups when you can ride the bikes back to back to see if your adjustments are getting better or worse.

It also takes the pressure off to fet parts ordered and the bike fixed for the next ride day, you always have the other bike to take if you run out of time. I work a lot and sometimes there is just no time, so it helps big time.

The worse part? Having to clean and prep 2 bikes after riding takes twice as long.
Mr Bean
6/22/2014 8:18am
CamP wrote:
You can never have too many bikes...until you run out of garage space!
Exactly!

That's been my dilemma and why I'm working on getting a new place... with a much bigger shop! Smile
Boxermann
6/22/2014 9:46am
Sheriff245 wrote:
What's your take on owning multiple bikes? I have had 1 bike at a time all my life. I'd ride it for a year or 3...
What's your take on owning multiple bikes?

I have had 1 bike at a time all my life. I'd ride it for a year or 3 then sell it and buy something different. Back in 2012 I built a YZ144 project bike that I love, but 125's wear out fast, so I built a YZ250AF to ride on so I can keep the 144 longer and ride something different whenever I feel like it. I enjoy riding both bikes, but sometimes I feel like riding a 450. Thinking about selling one of the bikes to pay for it, but I really like both and spent so much time and money on them that I can't see myself getting rid of them. I can't really afford a third bike at the moment. I don't like 250F's much so I figure that if I had all 3 I'd be set for a while. But I thought the same when I built the 250, so...

First world problems, I know.

Anybody owns many bikes so they don't feel like trading so often?
Having multiple bikes is a blessing,enjoy it.i used to have 5 mx bikes and a cbr sportbike .it was great to have those options!

The Shop

Post a reply to: Multiple bikes

The Latest