btn
btn
1 of 2
Related:
Create New Tag
JMX82 JMX82
1/13/2022 11:40 PM

New video posted on youtube. The bike still using previous generation CRF plastics and frame

Hi Side Hi Side
1/14/2022 4:09 AM

I love it and it's exciting to me. I wonder how far out we are from electric bikes in the showrooms? Two years, five years, ten years?

bayodome bayodome
1/14/2022 7:34 AM

Better than any of the other videos about that bike, but they still aren't wowing anyone in the way the Stark videos have. At least the riders are actually clearing some jumps now and the suspension looks much better setup for the platform.

They're definitely sticking with liquid-cooling of some sort (not sure if that's for the battery, controller, motor or all three) so that looks promising.

Twitter: @bayodome
Instagram: @bayodome

wisey wisey
1/14/2022 7:48 AM

Cool video but I couldn’t get the sound to work.

KONG KONG
1/14/2022 8:09 AM
wisey wrote:

Cool video but I couldn’t ...more

Cool! That way you don't have to endure that ridiculous slot car sound.
laughing

KONG KONG
1/14/2022 9:07 AM

Downvote all you want, that silly f***ing sound is soooooooo damn irritating.
angry sick

8tensolutions 8tensolutions
1/14/2022 9:21 AM

Won't be long now. Like it or not, they are coming and fast. Personally, I would hold off on jumping on the Stark when all the major manufacturers that already have the chassis, R&D capability, and cash are coming in hot. Just like power tools, cars, vacuums etc are going this direction, moto will as well. 100% instant torque, noise issues gone, much less maintenance, infinite levels of programming from beginner level to 450 power++, similar pricing, and able to ride basically anywhere......not sure how that's a bad thing. They may not replace enduro bikes for 4 hour+ rides immediately, but everything else will no doubt have a major impact.

ricky racer ricky racer
1/14/2022 9:36 AM

Sounds like they are racing RC cars.

JOE_SPROCKETS#1 JOE_SPROCKETS#1
1/14/2022 9:39 AM

one upside for the oem's will be parts... they can manufacture one big bike instead of parts for each 250, 450, etc.
hopefully it should make things easier for public to source used or new parts as well

"Shifting gears and passing queers" GL

ACBraap ACBraap
1/14/2022 10:37 AM
wisey wrote:

Cool video but I couldn’t ...more

I figure they'll have integrated speakers, and downloadable exhaust sounds, probably for sale like ringtones used to be.

The one ringtone I ever paid for was 'two stroke motorcycle ringtone'.

rhummel628 rhummel628
1/14/2022 12:57 PM

If they can figure out a way to make it sound like a tie fighter, I’m in.

2stmark 2stmark
1/14/2022 8:23 PM

You know Honda will kill it with electric , the sound is the deal breaker within racing

mattyhamz2 mattyhamz2
1/14/2022 8:39 PM

Cool, but honestly those just do nothing for me. I hear a 2 stroke or 4 stroke, it gets me excited and makes me want to ride. E-Bikes? Not at all

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

Thanks to : Factory Effex, Simi Valley Cycles, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, Mika Metals

Bearuno Bearuno
1/14/2022 9:11 PM

As I wrote in the Stark Varg thread, as much as I'm interested in the Strong Wolf, I'm even more interested in the major manufacturers response to it.

They won't be given any free passes, if the SV is as good as it is being touted to be.

And, with what looks to me to be quite a fair price, it might just stop major manufacturers going for the gouge / "charging what (they determine) the market will bear" . That's a great way to destroy uptake of something different.

I wonder if Honda and the other manufacturers in the 'consortium' will make use of a standard, for Performance / Race E Dirt Bikes, along the lines of this battery unit that has been shown as the 'consortium project', that several manufacturers have signed up to :

Photo

Photo

Now, these may be unsuitable for a performance application - buggered if I know what those specs shown are all about - they may just be a 'Commuter / Road use' power source. But I really, Really hope / want that a standard can be reached for quick change, mass production of High Performance Batteries. As, really, for E bikes to be practical / affordable and thus have a Real / Viable market, batteries that are quick change, and Don't cost a bloody motza, is what is needed.

As it is, I known that scurrilous bounder, PJRAUS has a deposit on a Stark Varg, and a local mate has put his deposit on one, and last night, I showed another mate the SV, who had somehow missed the whole Stark Varg juggernaut of PR, ( he was beside himself at missing it) , and is now having to wait for a 2023 arrival - yah snooze, yah looze, CJ!

gti gti
1/14/2022 9:24 PM

I couldn't care less what it sounds like if it turns out to be a great bike.

neverwas neverwas
1/14/2022 9:50 PM
KONG wrote:

Downvote all you want, ...more

Unfortunately the new braap sick

enketchum enketchum
1/14/2022 11:08 PM

The guy cased most of those table tops. Is it under powered?

"What happens to your hands when you crash?"
"I put my hands up real quick to protect my sunglasses"

crockett crockett
1/14/2022 11:18 PM

People who don’t ride dirt bikes find the sound of them quite annoying, it’s only until they’ve ridden them and understand the thrill of them that they fall in love with the sound.
I think the issue of sound with electric bikes will be much the same, those who have ridden them fall in love with them. Those who dislike the sound, haven’t really ridden them much.

theycallmeebryan theycallmeebryan
1/15/2022 12:29 AM

Honestly, this bike looks underpowered and nowhere close to an Alta MXR.

KONG KONG
1/15/2022 4:24 AM
theycallmeebryan wrote:

Honestly, this bike looks ...more

Stamp it: ESR's YZ325 is the best bike ever in da world!!!
laughing

Falcon Falcon
1/15/2022 9:00 AM

All these guys who got used to the sound of well-executed farts are complaining about the sound of an electric bike... 😆🤦‍♂️

Braaapin' aint easy.

Vdd Vdd
1/15/2022 10:42 AM
Photo

Sound kits already in development.
JMX82 JMX82
3/29/2022 9:27 PM

New video surfaced on YouTube. It gives a really nice look what is hidden under the plastics of the ike

PNWMXer PNWMXer
3/29/2022 9:37 PM
8tensolutions wrote:

Won't be long now. Like it ...more

Ride anywhere…until the eco-freaks find a new reason to shut us down. Unfortunately, even if dirt bikes cured cancer and world hunger, those assholes would find a reason to ban us. Miserable pieces of shit, all of them.

5050 5050
3/29/2022 10:02 PM
bayodome wrote:

Better than any of the ...more

Stark will be gone as fast as Alta and that's IF they actually manufacture motorcycles. I would be Honda can pull off what Alta couldn't.

Lots of EV fanboys in this thread. Electrek must have dismissed the kindergarten class.

5050 5050
3/29/2022 10:16 PM
8tensolutions wrote:

Won't be long now. Like it ...more

You'd have to be stupid to buy a Stark. Startup vehicle companies rarely survive. On top of that you have the major manufacturers marching towards the electric market. They will collectively stomp Stark into oblivion. Tesla is a one in a billion success story.

100% torque is a nice marketing term, but it's not reality. Nobody could handle a dirt bike with 100% untamed torque off idle. The controller software will ensure you do not have 100% torque from 0 RPM.

No noise is also a farce. Electric vehicles do make noise and the faster they go the more obnoxious the sound becomes. It's an annoying whine that grumpy track neighbors aren't going to put up with. Not saying it's louder than a 450, but noise will still be an issue.

mxracer666 mxracer666
3/29/2022 10:35 PM

How soon will we be seeing Chase Sexton riding one of these and finding new and exciting ways to crash himself silly, at a supercross near you?! Seriously tho, these guy's doing the demo are going faster than the "average" vital rider, and the 4-lap "moto" they rode (see second video) is as long as the moto's we get at a typical Vet race. I'm sure they were instructed to "keep it close and exciting" and above all don't crash!. They were just cruising and standing up thru the corners while trading the lead. Electric is coming and I'll be buying one as soon as they get the bugs worked out.

Chris99Flannery Chris99Flannery
3/29/2022 10:55 PM

I’m actually bit excited about these. I’ll take a kx-e please. I have flat 2 acres attached to my house in town, tree lined and only one neighbour touching the corner. I can put a mild Sx track on it and plan too when these bikes drop.
Sound shit but I sure I’ll never hit a false neutral!

SCRUBdesignz SCRUBdesignz
3/29/2022 11:37 PM

Guys, everyone saying that sound is a big deal. For example, in the Rally they are already testing the alternative sound for an electric car. In this case, they used the sound of a F1 monopost, which for me personally is not the most suitable sound for a rally car. But they are working on something like this. So I think that with development, it's just matter of time. As you set the engine power between 125 - 450 ccm on electric bike, you will probably set the sound of 2-Stroke, 4-Stroke. And maybe in a few years, sound will be way more improved.

https://scrubdesignz.com
Graphics // Plastics // Seat covers

nrosso391 nrosso391
3/30/2022 6:06 AM
Hi Side wrote:

I love it and it's ...more

hopefully in the near NEVER.

I'm just here to stir sh#t up...

btn
btn
1 of 2

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry