Muddy creek camping?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/9/2018 2:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/9/2018 2:52 PM

Iv never been to a national before and I’m taking my girlfriend to muddy creek. We are planning on camping, is it worth it or should we just get a hotel? As long as there are decent showers I imagine it will be fine. Also how is the venue over all, iv never even been to the track before.

|

6/9/2018 3:10 PM

Last year when I went we got a hotel in Boone, NC where we used to vacation and left from there to the track both days (for the pro race and the amateur race).

It's a sweet track for sure, viewing is ok, lots of cool fans and different elevations to view from.

We didn't camp so I can't comment on the showers, Hope you have a great time!

|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

6/9/2018 3:29 PM

I went the first year and honestly is was not the best National I’ve ever been to. We camped in tents and brought our shower tent/porta potty. We were literally one of the only people camping in tents .. felt like we were getting smashed by everyones huge RVs and trailers. it was hard to find water for showering (no showers) and the night life was dead compared to other nationals. It was just people and kids/family’s racing amateur. I felt a little out of place. But mind you that was 2013 (the first year) but the track is decent for viewing. I would honestly get a hotel and get there early on Saturday morning

|

6/9/2018 3:31 PM

Just drive a little further and go to RedBud or Indiana. get the true experience ?

|

6/9/2018 3:45 PM

shirey wrote:

Iv never been to a national before and I’m taking my girlfriend to muddy creek. We are planning on camping, is it worth it or ...more

Wife and I are going to Nat. 4 hour drive. Just reserved a hotel room today (national fleet corporation) within 10-15 miles of track for $63 including taxes OTD. Many area rooms available for less than $80. No brainer for me with the local humidity.

|

6/9/2018 4:04 PM

shmacky78 wrote:

Just drive a little further and go to RedBud or Indiana. get the true experience ?

Agree. Been to both since inception for many years. First class facilities.

|

6/9/2018 6:17 PM

I went in 16' and 17' and stayed at the Comfort Inn in Bristol Va both times. its right across the street from Atlas motorsports and last year they had a pre race party with all of the riders there signing autographs the night before the race. The hotel is only about 25 minutes from the track, well worth it. The track layout is pretty good but it can get very hot and humid. The track does kind of sit in a bowl. You're best to bring a pop up canopy for some shade if you can, there are not a lot of shady spots unless you can get under some of the trees just uphill from the starting gate. Have fun, its your first national!

|

6/9/2018 6:35 PM

OK to just buy tickets at the gate? Thanks in advance.

|

6/9/2018 6:44 PM

I’m 20 from the track and I would say just get a hotel, if you wanted I can give the two hotels around me that the trucks will be staying at before heading to the track.

|

6/9/2018 8:30 PM

steve.hackler.1 wrote:

OK to just buy tickets at the gate? Thanks in advance.

I’ve been every year and most of the time bought tickets at the gate. Bought passes ahead of time the first year I went. Last year got a mech pass for my buddy who was trying to qualify.

Also have camped and stayed in hotels. I prefer camping but the track wanted an arm and a leg to tent camp 2 years ago, so we camped in someone’s yard not too far from the track.

|