Muddy Creek attendee advice

ncdirtrider
Edited Date/Time 5/30/2013 10:30am
I'm jacked about watching a National somewhere new. For anyone who's a local/regular at Muddy Creek on race-days, what do you believe will be the best way into & out of the track (from I-81)? I know there are instructions on the track website, but what is the 'avoid the masses' route in and out? Recommended parking place? I see Muddy Creek is charging $10 to park, I don't see an option for VIP parking, but we're willing to pay extra to not have to walk a long way or get stuck in a long line getting out. Lastly, I've never been to this track before ... what are some good places to sit to see most of the track? From the pics, it looks pretty open, so I think it's going to be great for viewing. Any advice is appreciated ... feel free to PM me if you don't want to publicize. Thanks & See you there Smile

Google Maps link: http://goo.gl/maps/ksZwk
|
P
5/29/2013 12:28pm
I've only been there a few times and I don't think that there are many options for getting in and out in terms of roads. Maybe they have added some parking options for the National, I'm not sure. Mapquest is your best bet for directions, even if you go 421 instead of the 81 route. If you do go 421 watch your speed when you get to the small towns in the mountains, they will stop you, that's for sure. I had to go to court for a ticket and they had stopped a guy driving a NASCAR rig. He was headed to Bristol.

P
ncdirtrider
5/29/2013 12:35pm
I'm assuming we'll go 74 to I-81 and in. I was looking more at the local roads from the interstate to the track. Appears to be three exits relatively close by and then either Hawley Road or Muddy Creek Road can be taken from either direction to get to Ridgeway Road which is where the track seems to be.
P
5/29/2013 1:03pm
Even if you had 10 options they would all funnel to the same two spots! Lol!! Hopefully they will have someone directing traffic at the major points. I've taken both routes. I'll probably take 81 going up and 421 going back if I go. 421 is a very scenic route, but slower.

P
Highsider
5/29/2013 4:33pm
Any difference in routes if in a 40-foot rv?

Planning for next year.Smile

The Shop

sayco
5/29/2013 7:30pm
I'm jacked about watching a National somewhere new. For anyone who's a local/regular at Muddy Creek on race-days, what do you believe will be the best...
I'm jacked about watching a National somewhere new. For anyone who's a local/regular at Muddy Creek on race-days, what do you believe will be the best way into & out of the track (from I-81)? I know there are instructions on the track website, but what is the 'avoid the masses' route in and out? Recommended parking place? I see Muddy Creek is charging $10 to park, I don't see an option for VIP parking, but we're willing to pay extra to not have to walk a long way or get stuck in a long line getting out. Lastly, I've never been to this track before ... what are some good places to sit to see most of the track? From the pics, it looks pretty open, so I think it's going to be great for viewing. Any advice is appreciated ... feel free to PM me if you don't want to publicize. Thanks & See you there Smile

Easy in...Easy out shuttle from Tri Cities Airport!!
P
5/30/2013 7:11am
I'm jacked about watching a National somewhere new. For anyone who's a local/regular at Muddy Creek on race-days, what do you believe will be the best...

sayco wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2013/05/29/23784/s1200_image.jpg[/img] Easy in...Easy out shuttle from Tri Cities Airport!!

Easy in...Easy out shuttle from Tri Cities Airport!!
Factory riders and spectators with fat pockets only.............ShockedWink

P
ncdirtrider
5/30/2013 10:30am
The helicopter hop would be awesome. Rates? We'll have 4 passengers, small cooler, 4 camp chairs.

On the ground, it looks like Ex 63, Hwy 75, Muddy Creek Rd, to Ridgeway would get you to the raceway 'a back way' and counter to the recommended flow (a.k.a. sheep herd).

Post a reply to: Muddy Creek attendee advice

The Latest