Mr. Motocross. 20 YEARS BEHIND BARS

keinz
Edited Date/Time 11/6/2020 7:20am
|
Bearuno
11/6/2020 8:12am
A very good interview.

His views on the way MXGP is run, and how hard it is in terms of Riders and Teams not making money, while the ''promoters'' - and we all know who that is - make money - well, it's so bloody true. Having a 'pyramid' with only the very top of it rolling in the loot, is bad for any sport.

His mentioning the need for more support for more riders and teams with the overseas races is so very right. The 'assistance' for these necessary, but very expensive travels to new / other markets is absolutely appalling.

I do hope his outspokenness doesn't affect his desire to do his nearest GP, next year. And, that he does the MXDN next year, as well.

I've read so much over the years of how the Leok 'clan' (through Fathers / Uncles, even Grandfathers, and all the Sons and Cousins - Oh, and, of course the many Women that do so very much) are such a major part of Estonian Motocross and Dirt Bike riding in general. Though I'm sure that there are many others that put in huge amounts of work, and / or work with the Leoks. So much depends on volunteers in our sport. What are your thoughts on the Leok 'clan' being such a key part of Motocross in Estonia, Keinz ?
Motoxdoc
11/6/2020 8:47am
keinz wrote:
Many words come to mind when I hear the name Tanel Leok....fast, longevity, perseverance, Mr. MXDN's, Mr. Motocross, R-E-S-P-E-C-T!....but I like to call him the Estonian Rock!
keinz
11/6/2020 9:32am Edited Date/Time 11/6/2020 9:47am
Bearuno wrote:
A [i]very [/i] good interview. His views on the way MXGP is run, and how hard it is in terms of Riders and Teams not making...
A very good interview.

His views on the way MXGP is run, and how hard it is in terms of Riders and Teams not making money, while the ''promoters'' - and we all know who that is - make money - well, it's so bloody true. Having a 'pyramid' with only the very top of it rolling in the loot, is bad for any sport.

His mentioning the need for more support for more riders and teams with the overseas races is so very right. The 'assistance' for these necessary, but very expensive travels to new / other markets is absolutely appalling.

I do hope his outspokenness doesn't affect his desire to do his nearest GP, next year. And, that he does the MXDN next year, as well.

I've read so much over the years of how the Leok 'clan' (through Fathers / Uncles, even Grandfathers, and all the Sons and Cousins - Oh, and, of course the many Women that do so very much) are such a major part of Estonian Motocross and Dirt Bike riding in general. Though I'm sure that there are many others that put in huge amounts of work, and / or work with the Leoks. So much depends on volunteers in our sport. What are your thoughts on the Leok 'clan' being such a key part of Motocross in Estonia, Keinz ?
You can't underestimate the Leok family input to the Estonian motocross. Every Leok family generation, back to the Tanel grandfather, delivered chapions, till back to the darkest soviet era. In the word scene, Tanels uncle Avo, was the first estonian GP winner ( 500cc in Lommel 1997), and Tanel cousin Aigar podiumed in Ireland GP (3th in MX2) in 2005
Here is documentary about Leok dynasty https://etv.err.ee/1098121/somerpalu-magnet-leokite-dunastia (sadly no english cc's). They organize the Tanel grandpa cup every year, and you can find in the winners list names like Cairoli (two times winnwr) and Boby. It tells a lot about Leok Family

The Shop

Bearuno
11/6/2020 7:56pm
keinz wrote:
You can't underestimate the Leok family input to the Estonian motocross. Every Leok family generation, back to the Tanel grandfather, delivered chapions, till back to the...
You can't underestimate the Leok family input to the Estonian motocross. Every Leok family generation, back to the Tanel grandfather, delivered chapions, till back to the darkest soviet era. In the word scene, Tanels uncle Avo, was the first estonian GP winner ( 500cc in Lommel 1997), and Tanel cousin Aigar podiumed in Ireland GP (3th in MX2) in 2005
Here is documentary about Leok dynasty https://etv.err.ee/1098121/somerpalu-magnet-leokite-dunastia (sadly no english cc's). They organize the Tanel grandpa cup every year, and you can find in the winners list names like Cairoli (two times winnwr) and Boby. It tells a lot about Leok Family
Thanks for that!

I've read about the yearly Leok race quite a few times, and seen a few videos over the years.

And, they appear to be a very important influence within Estonian, and, the other ''Forest Brothers'' Nations MX and Dirt Bike scene.

Seems with the thumbs down on yours and my posts that there may be someone that doesn't appreciate the Leoks, although, though, they might think I (and you) was putting too much emphasis on their role - there's always so many people, other than the most recognizable ones, that do so much for our sport, and, they may think I didn't appreciate that.

* "Forest Brothers"* - and never forgetting The Sisters- : for those that want to know, it's a reference to the Estonians, Latvians, Lithuanians and Other Nations groups that stood up to the Nazis during WW2, and then the Soviets for many more years. They more than earned their freedom from oppression.

Post a reply to: Mr. Motocross. 20 YEARS BEHIND BARS

The Latest