Moving to SoCal

tpateman333
Edited Date/Time 1/3/2022 10:17pm
I’m looking to move to SoCal next year. What town or area is the best to be centrally located to public tracks and shops? Any advice would be great!
|
hanzhonglboy1
12/14/2021 12:06pm
I’m looking to move to SoCal next year. What town or area is the best to be centrally located to public tracks and shops? Any advice...
I’m looking to move to SoCal next year. What town or area is the best to be centrally located to public tracks and shops? Any advice would be great!
Temecula, Perris, Menifee, Murrieta, Lake Elsinore to access the motocross tracks, they aren't public though, gotta pay to get in. High Desert (Hesperia) to access public land, not sure what motocross tracks are in the high dez at the moment.
Motodave15
12/14/2021 12:45pm
I’m looking to move to SoCal next year. What town or area is the best to be centrally located to public tracks and shops? Any advice...
Temecula, Perris, Menifee, Murrieta, Lake Elsinore to access the motocross tracks, they aren't public though, gotta pay to get in. High Desert (Hesperia) to access public...
Temecula, Perris, Menifee, Murrieta, Lake Elsinore to access the motocross tracks, they aren't public though, gotta pay to get in. High Desert (Hesperia) to access public land, not sure what motocross tracks are in the high dez at the moment.
If you still need close proximity to the city (LA/OC)..... Then Corona/Norco will give you close access to the city and the tracks. Like.. Lake Elsinore, perris, statefair, Glen helen. And the new js track thats supposed to open.

I also don't think the high desert has any tracks currently. I could be wrong though.
hanzhonglboy1
12/14/2021 12:52pm
Temecula, Perris, Menifee, Murrieta, Lake Elsinore to access the motocross tracks, they aren't public though, gotta pay to get in. High Desert (Hesperia) to access public...
Motodave15 wrote:
If you still need close proximity to the city (LA/OC)..... Then Corona/Norco will give you close access to the city and the tracks. Like.. Lake Elsinore...
If you still need close proximity to the city (LA/OC)..... Then Corona/Norco will give you close access to the city and the tracks. Like.. Lake Elsinore, perris, statefair, Glen helen. And the new js track thats supposed to open.

I also don't think the high desert has any tracks currently. I could be wrong though.
I was thinking they were talking about public land when they said public tracks. High Dez is a good gateway to big bear, etc. Glen Helen is close to High Dez at least and they could access public riding land, doubly good once the sticker system changes here soon.

Though Nuevo and other random towns in that area have good access to off road spots, certainly no tracks though

The Shop

Bruce372
12/15/2021 3:02am
You could try north of San Diego, like Mira Mesa. It's close to Pala, and all the other tracks are an hours drive... or at least they used to be when I lived there.

Nor Cal is very expensive and the traffic is off the charts if you end up working in the Bay area
MX114
12/15/2021 3:36am
Bruce372 wrote:
You could try north of San Diego, like Mira Mesa. It's close to Pala, and all the other tracks are an hours drive... or at least...
You could try north of San Diego, like Mira Mesa. It's close to Pala, and all the other tracks are an hours drive... or at least they used to be when I lived there.

Nor Cal is very expensive and the traffic is off the charts if you end up working in the Bay area
Carlsbad would be my pick. North County SD is a great mix of everything
12/15/2021 3:48am
Where are you going to be working? Depending on the time of day, it can easily take 2.5 hours to get from one end of SoCal to the other. A little more info is necessary here.
12/15/2021 4:44am
Moving TO California is that right? Just curious why you make that move?
Bruce372
12/15/2021 4:53am
526 wrote:
Its ironic, people say the same to me when i say I want to retire in Wisconsin
sandtrack315
12/15/2021 5:03am
I lived in Temecula, it was great for riding, but not my favorite place to live. I lived in Laguna Beach after that, a bit longer to get to the tracks, but a nice place to live. Been 13 years since I have lived there though, no idea what it's like now.
tpateman333
12/15/2021 5:49am
526 wrote:
Bruce372 wrote:
Looking to eventually work in the industry out there. Thanks for all the advice.
MBR
12/15/2021 5:55am
We lived in Temecula a few years back and really loved it. Close to tracks and industry and relatively short drive to the beach also. Recommended!
Bruce372
12/15/2021 6:08am
526 wrote:
Bruce372 wrote:
Looking to eventually work in the industry out there. Thanks for all the advice.
You probably want to be a bit North of San Diego then.

Don't let the naysayers and down voters get to you., follow your dreams. 21 years ago I got a flight from London to San Diego with two cases, a credit card and a bunch of student loans hanging over me. I've had amazing experience all over the country met wonderful and have a good life.

All the naysayers I met are still doing what they were doing two decades ago
tpateman333
12/15/2021 6:10am
Also just a note I’m a young guy single 23. I’m looking to get my start. Probably work at a dealership out there or for a company within the industry. Not looking to rent anything big just a room probably. Any idea on cost in Temecula, murrieta, Lake Elsinore?
sandtrack315
12/15/2021 6:20am
Also just a note I’m a young guy single 23. I’m looking to get my start. Probably work at a dealership out there or for a...
Also just a note I’m a young guy single 23. I’m looking to get my start. Probably work at a dealership out there or for a company within the industry. Not looking to rent anything big just a room probably. Any idea on cost in Temecula, murrieta, Lake Elsinore?
Cheaper than some other spots in CA. High desert is even cheaper.
Bruce372
12/15/2021 6:22am
Go to proride.com forum, it's all socal locals and likely someone will know a room for rent. Good bunch of dudes
snackfedbear
12/15/2021 7:29am
Pro Circuit is hiring for a bunch of different positions at the moment. I believe most are entry-level. Good luck and keep us updated. California is one of the best states in the country in terms of the land. No one can argue that. Politics and policies are another story, but overall it’s a great state to live in.
Ob917
12/15/2021 8:51am Edited Date/Time 12/15/2021 8:54am
Quality of life or convenience to power sport industry? North county SD is the absolute best, close to plenty of moto and everything else that’s awesome, no traffic issues and it’s not crazy crowded.
If convenience to power sports industry is more important Temecula area or Corona area. It would also be hard to afford North County SD on industry income. You will have a much easier time affording things east of the ocean but it’s no where near as nice. I have spent time working over most of the country and I lived in TX for 20 years, the north west for 20 years and I’ve been in Carlsbad for 8. This is paradise for a guy like me. Good luck!!!
TannerMxer
12/15/2021 8:57am
I cannot wait to move back to socal after a decade in north texas. I'm hopefully moving in late 2022 or early 2023.

Texas sucks swamp ass.
RMT
12/15/2021 11:23am Edited Date/Time 12/15/2021 11:36am
You have so many options! You can make a lot of money in a dealership and many are hiring. That would be my first priority. SoCal is great but not when you’re poor and is the big reason people are leaving. The people that make a good living love it here.
12/15/2021 1:08pm
Bruce372 wrote:
You probably want to be a bit North of San Diego then. Don't let the naysayers and down voters get to you., follow your dreams. 21...
You probably want to be a bit North of San Diego then.

Don't let the naysayers and down voters get to you., follow your dreams. 21 years ago I got a flight from London to San Diego with two cases, a credit card and a bunch of student loans hanging over me. I've had amazing experience all over the country met wonderful and have a good life.

All the naysayers I met are still doing what they were doing two decades ago
There’s a reason why they say that fortune favors the bold. Love to see stories like this!

Good luck OP, don’t let the internet twist your view of what California is or is not. There are great people and terrible people everywhere. As long as you put in the work and take some chances, it’s hard for it to not work out! If I had a gun to my head and do what you’re trying to do, I’d go to Oceanside or Carlsbad

STAY AWAY FROM CHINO
SrfNdirt
12/15/2021 2:09pm
If you have to live out there, Canyon Lake would be my choice.
Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
12/15/2021 2:12pm
You can take my place here. I'm ready to GTFO of this lunatic asylum.... Been here for 45 years...it's goin down the sh*tter.
FerCzD
12/15/2021 2:38pm
I just moved here by the end of November. Right now I'm in the city area, but I'm planning on transitioning on the outside. I'll be attending at all the SoCal SX rounds.

If someone is also going let me know!
byke
12/15/2021 2:45pm
There's much more to living in SoCal other than finding the right city. Do you have poor grammar, a passion for stucco and weight loss billboards, maxed out credit cards, a flatbill energy drink hat, a tapout tanktop, and a prerunner?

Only then are you truly ready.
BigBoreFan58
12/15/2021 2:51pm
byke wrote:
There's much more to living in SoCal other than finding the right city. Do you have poor grammar, a passion for stucco and weight loss billboards...
There's much more to living in SoCal other than finding the right city. Do you have poor grammar, a passion for stucco and weight loss billboards, maxed out credit cards, a flatbill energy drink hat, a tapout tanktop, and a prerunner?

909ers rule.
mxracer828
12/15/2021 3:20pm
byke wrote:
There's much more to living in SoCal other than finding the right city. Do you have poor grammar, a passion for stucco and weight loss billboards...

909ers rule.
That’s og right there before they changed it to 951.
mxracer828
12/15/2021 3:25pm
I just moved out of that crap hole. Been there my entire 44 years. Traffic is a mother effer. Take you an hour to go 8 miles on a Sunday at 11pm…you can have that. Housing is beyond ridiculous. I grew up in corona and the late 90s were the shit to live there. Moved to elsinore and was 30 mins from every track. I just moved to arizona and couldn’t be happier. Friendly people,cheaper taxes and utilitiy bills. Housing is getting up there and all the riding you could want. I have 4 tracks all within an hour.

Post a reply to: Moving to SoCal

The Latest