Mountainbikes vs off-road touring bikes, so much doubt..

Greetings, I have come here for help as I am kind of bumping into a lot of difficulties which I can't seem to tackle. The biggest problem is that I would want to test all kinds of bikes on all kinds of trails, but I can not do any of that. What I would like to do in the near future: ride mountainbike routes, starting from beginner to more advanced, but also, do some short off-road bikepacking tours and maybe weeklong trips.

Problem: I don't know what bike to buy. There are so little mountainbike shops in my country, and nearly no bicycle touring ones. Should I get a standard hard tail and try to mount some bikepacking bags on it? Or full suspension? But I would also like to carry my climbing gear with me, so will I even have enough bag room? Or, should I just buy an off-road touring bike like the surly ECR or something more like the Karate Monkey? Then again, can I ever use them for advanced mountainbike trails?
[color=#000000]Showbox[/color] [color=#000000]Tutuapp[/color] [color=#000000]Vidmate[/color]
|

Post a reply to: Mountainbikes vs off-road touring bikes, so much doubt..

The Latest