Mountain Motor Sports in Kodak TN

Rick_Reno
Very shady dealership. Went to buy a new bike picked one out had to go back home to get my can am for trade in the rain got back to dealership and they sold the bike I liked. Was told by one salesperson guy came in and paid cash for it. Then another person said guy came in yesterday filled out paperwork got approved today and came to pick it up. Which story is it? Wanted to sale me another bike that was more expensive. Very rude and cocky.
|
imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
4/19/2019 4:36pm
Have been baited and switched with them a few times. Shady is spot on.
JustMX
4/19/2019 5:05pm
The one in greeneville isn't much different, except my experience was having recall work done on an atv.

I will not be back.
4/19/2019 5:30pm
Stopped in there to check it out since I drive past it on I-40 a lot when I'm driving from NC to KY to see customers. Figured I'd do them a solid and buy something.. so I bought some oil. Ended up being the wrong oil. About 4-6wks later when I was in that neck of the woods again, I stopped in to exchange the oil.

Can't recall if I had a receipt or not, but dudeman at the counter tried refusing the exchange. Oil had never been opened. Had to get the parts manager involved, and rather than bitch I went with the "kill'em with kindness" approach... which worked... but the whole time I was thinking "screw this place, will never buy anything here again"
crusher773
4/19/2019 5:39pm
When I was doing motorcycle claims at work that place was one of the worst. Service department ripped people off completely.

The Shop

4/19/2019 5:43pm
They have a very bad rep in Atlanta as well. But hey, if you want to pay 2 grand more than msrp to some tatted up, fauxhawk wearing douche...be my guest!
rucka356
4/19/2019 7:00pm Edited Date/Time 4/19/2019 7:01pm
I was in there yesterday and I can't say that i had a good experience either. I will be heading up to Tommy's Motorsports next month to buy my next bike instead of there
Jack_Wagon
4/19/2019 8:32pm
I have bought a few bikes from their dealerships in Atlanta. DJ in the Roswell store and Bill in the Buford store are top notch, easy to deal with guys. The parts department in the Conyers store is very knowledgeable- especially about moto (very rare in dealerships these days).
tmauto769
Fantasy
1001st
4/20/2019 5:45am
Same here, had a bad dealing with them back in 2009, which resulted in me taking my $12k sale elsewhere. Haven't been back in there since.
jdsmooth
4/20/2019 12:59pm
Jack_Wagon wrote:
I have bought a few bikes from their dealerships in Atlanta. DJ in the Roswell store and Bill in the Buford store are top notch, easy...
I have bought a few bikes from their dealerships in Atlanta. DJ in the Roswell store and Bill in the Buford store are top notch, easy to deal with guys. The parts department in the Conyers store is very knowledgeable- especially about moto (very rare in dealerships these days).
I had a very similar experience with the parts department in the Conyers store. When shopping for a new helmet, they actually had the brands in stock on the showroom that I was interested in, and one salesperson spent plenty of time talking me through the features in a very helpful way.
odiugjfl
4/20/2019 2:51pm
Rick_Reno wrote:
Very shady dealership. Went to buy a new bike picked one out had to go back home to get my can am for trade in the...
Very shady dealership. Went to buy a new bike picked one out had to go back home to get my can am for trade in the rain got back to dealership and they sold the bike I liked. Was told by one salesperson guy came in and paid cash for it. Then another person said guy came in yesterday filled out paperwork got approved today and came to pick it up. Which story is it? Wanted to sale me another bike that was more expensive. Very rude and cocky.
Rick,

We sincerely apologize that you see it that way. We requested that your son leave a deposit, which he declined. The bike was sold later day when you declined to co-sign for him. We run into similar situations a couple times a year however we cannot hold bikes without deposits due to limited availability. As far as another salesperson not knowing a method of payment that someone else's customer used, we do not share that information with salespeople not involved in the deal. I hope you understand that. We were not trying to sell you a more expensive bike for any other reason that that was the next bike available. Again, we apologize we were not able to exceed your expectations. If I can ever personally do anything to make the situation better, please contact me.

Thank You,

Jason Lamont
RONJ OSE
4/20/2019 2:55pm
Lets be honest mountain sucks at every location.
Applied for financing and they ran my credit for 6k on a 3k klx
After them telling me that they can get anyone financed, some how they could for me.
2 days later I got financed for a 35k truck at 1 percent
Then I went to another dealer that doesn’t suck and financed 2 bike for 15k
Mountain sucks
tackomoto
4/20/2019 8:28pm Edited Date/Time 4/20/2019 8:29pm
Dang...hate to hear this. Was heading that way for vacation this coming week and was going to stop in a buy a dirt bike for my wife. I guess I should look around.
sam hain
4/22/2019 8:15am
I was in the MM Kodak on Saturday, me and a buddy drove up to just look around. To be as big of a dealership as they are their "accessory" dept is lacking at best. Everything was MSRP and their selection of gear and things was minimal. They also didn't have hardly any dirt bikes in the show room, it was packed with SXS's and jet ski's. One salesmen said they had the dirt bikes across the lot in a locked showroom which was odd to me. Why not have a staff member over there so customers could look? They basically treated the dirt bikes like a convenience store bathroom where you needed the key attached to a 2x4 just to get in.

I have bought one bike from MM, it was at the Conyers GA store. At the time a hard to find 2016 KTM 250xcf. They had the only one in GA/TN. I showed up with a bank check in hand, salesmen would not let me leave w/o doing their dumbass dog and pony show (tour) around the dealership. I had to go to parts, finance (which I didn't even need), service and one other place seems like and draw poker cards. Stupidest thing I've ever had to do just to buy a bike, at one point I told the guy I don't have time for this I gave you the check I need my bike and get on the road (2.5hr drive home). No dice. I bit my tongue and finished the BS tour and left as quickly as possible and I'll never buy another bike from their dealerships. I'd much rather deal with the smaller shops. I just bought a 2019 KTM 300XC back in Feb, I was in an out in 10mins. All business and no BS.
Skylebones
4/22/2019 8:38am
Dang, bummed to hear this. I've picked up three bikes from their Marietta location. Always had a great experience and ended up with a great OTD price on my dirt bikes, less so on my street bike.
motox331
4/22/2019 9:09am
I don't mean to be that guy but if you didn't leave a deposit then you can't fault them for selling it. If a guy is there with cash or was approved the day before and decides to buy it the dealer is going to sell the bike. Until they have cash in their hand everything is a maybe.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
4/22/2019 9:54am
It's got to be a tough business, everyone wants a deal, wants it fast and wants exceptional customer service and experience.

It's not too much to ask but it's hard to please everyone perfectly.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
4/22/2019 10:53am
Rick_Reno wrote:
Very shady dealership. Went to buy a new bike picked one out had to go back home to get my can am for trade in the...
Its your own fault.
tmauto769
Fantasy
1001st
4/26/2019 3:47am Edited Date/Time 4/26/2019 3:50am
Rick_Reno wrote:
lostboy819 wrote:
Its your own fault.
I live 10mins from the Kodak TN dealership, and have first hand knowledge of how shady this dealer really is. For me I find it easier to believe the OP, so I wouldn't be to quick to believe this dealer guys first post trying to save face. What else is he going to say? I travel 2.5hrs to Chattanooga to buy mine after dealing with these guys.

But then again, I just seen that this was the OP's first post as well. so who knows.

Post a reply to: Mountain Motor Sports in Kodak TN

The Latest