Mountain Motor Sports - Mall of Georgia

Related:
Create New Tag

6/24/2020 9:44 AM

I was working with Eric. He was supposed to call me back with a final price on a Goldwing. I had talked to him several times about the bike. I live 2hours away from the business, and told him that. He called while I was in the Doctor's office. I can't talk to the doctor/nurse and a sales rep at the same time. He left a voice mail saying he had someone interested in the bike but would give me first choice. This other person was offering more money. I called him as soon as I got out of the doctors office, 20 minuets later. He was with a customer I was told. I continued on to work. I called back, he was unavailable. I called the third time. This time I was told he'd call me right back. Some one ELSE called me and said " Eric said to tell you he sold the Gold wing". Really? In less than an hour? He promised me first choice. He was to call me back, with a final price. and did not. Then sold the bike with 45 minuets of his first call. Folks, that is sorry business. Just sorry business. You can't keep you word, no since in doing business with someone like that. You can only believe or take someone at their word. Seems like this business doesn't care how potential customers are treated.

|

6/24/2020 9:50 AM

Seems to me like cash in the hand is better than an "i'll be there later" from some random dude on the phone who doesn't even have time to talk to a salesman.

Sorry bud, I woulda done the same.

Nice first post by the way, you've joined an elite club of people who's first post is destined for the Dumbgeon.

|

6/24/2020 9:54 AM

Were you planning on riding moto with your gold wing? I mean this is a MOTO related forum page.

|

6/24/2020 9:57 AM

How many times you figure that salesman got stood up by someone who was “on their way down”. He even tried to call you back (likely to give you the chance to leave a deposit over the phone) and you didn’t take the call. Cash in hand wins in sales, and if you can’t see that, you need to pull your head out of your arse and look around.

|

6/24/2020 9:58 AM

Piss or get off the pot.

Salesman needs to move fast

|

6/24/2020 10:01 AM

You weren't on site or offering to pay to hold the bike. You are a random person to him, I get why sold it. He should have communicated with you better though.

|

Go Hawks!

6/24/2020 10:05 AM

You should have called in with card information to put a down payment on the bike if you wanted it that bad. I realize he hadn't given you a final price but that's business for you. As Ramrod said, piss or get off the pot.

|

6/24/2020 10:10 AM

Headline: "Man In Coma For 50 Years Wakes Up And Discovers Society With Less Integrity".

|

6/24/2020 10:11 AM

Sweet first post! I like Eric even more now. Never even met the guy

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

6/24/2020 10:21 AM

Money talks, bullshit walks

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

6/24/2020 10:25 AM

So what’d the doctor say?

|

6/24/2020 10:51 AM

SEE ARE125 wrote:

So what’d the doctor say?

Probably referred him to a Proctologist to have his head pulled out of his ass

|

6/28/2020 8:08 AM

I worked sales.. you don't turn down money Vs a ' I will be there in a bit'

Yes it sucks.. but you reserve a bike with money, nothing else.

And a big ticket item like a Gold Wing, man I am selling that out from under my own mother.

|

6/28/2020 8:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/28/2020 8:19 AM

When I read this thread the other day I figured it was dumbgeon bound.

But here I am now, by the grace of the vitalmx gods, in before that happens.

I feel connected to you all

|

6/28/2020 8:22 AM

Dirtydeeds wrote:

Were you planning on riding moto with your gold wing? I mean this is a MOTO related forum page.

That would be something to see... somebody like Pastrana should do that, if he hasn't already.

|

6/28/2020 8:34 AM

When I was a Honda dealer back in the ‘80s we called Gold Wing people Wingnuts. Looks like things haven’t changed much.

|

6/28/2020 8:40 AM

The salesperson reached out to you...

That’s Good Enough for me.

Find another Gold Wing. Better yet. Find one for a better price!

Good Luck.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

6/28/2020 8:57 AM

Wtf gold wing???

Cash is king.... That is not a secret...

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

6/28/2020 9:00 AM

Your just another gopher....Always asking “ how much does that go for”..

|

6/28/2020 10:07 AM

Sales is brutal, nothing worse than a slagging off from a guy that never bought anything .. so many stories, the shame is, the regular guy who is working 2 jobs, he isn't the one that tries to drill you to the ground on price, he will pay , and guess what, he will get looked after.

So many people don't want the bike, they want 'the deal'..

Its all about power, and I just got sick of people's shit … i don't wanna ever do it again.

|

6/28/2020 10:20 AM

That's nothing. When I bought my 2018 KTM 150 XC-W, I called and e-mailed the dealer a few times. I went riding and made the decision that if I didn't get hurt I'd stop by on the way home and buy the bike. We left the track and called the dealer to make sure it was still there.

All went normally and I bought the bike. When I signed on the dotted line, the salesman rushed off. Over in the corner, I saw him, another salesman, the manager, and another dude talking animatedly. It turns out that the other guy was a guy who'd called and called and called and always said "I'll be down to get it". But never did. On that day, I walked in the north door and he walked in the south door. He had his salesman, I had mine. I signed first. He was _pissed_ but as the manager said "He had _plenty_ of chances to put a deposit down and never did".

Anyway.... just think.... had I taken one more lap at the track, had we gone in for pizza instead of calling ahead and picking it up, had I hit one more red light.... I'd have "lost". That is the way it goes and I can accept that!!! Maybe the Gold Wing in question is a lemon. Maybe.... etc.

Funny thing is this... I was torn between the 150 and a 250 XC. Had someone came and talked to me about the situation, I would've given up the 150 and _gladly_ taken the 250 XC!!! In fact, I even thought about getting the guy's number and making a deal with him. But, no.... being hard of hearing, I didn't really get the whole story until we were driving home and my son managed to put all the pieces together for me and by then it was all too late.

|

2015 Kawasaki KX 250F
2015 GasGas TXT Racing 125
2015 Husqvarna TC 125
2018 KTM 150 XC-W

6/28/2020 10:30 AM

Lesson learned, never have your gynecologist appointment when you are trying to buy a bike over the phone.

|

Ed Johnson

6/28/2020 10:32 AM

Snooze you lose dude. If youre not gonna move fast on a deal then forget it.

|

6/28/2020 10:37 AM

Dirtydeeds wrote:

|

6/28/2020 12:05 PM

Dirtydeeds wrote:

THIS is fantastic!!!

Oh and with the times we are in sorry about the lost sale but Eric's gotta make that cheddar.

|

How's My Posting?

Call 1-800-VITALMX

**Voted top 50 most prolific forum posters for 2016**

6/28/2020 12:17 PM

I'm finally out of the Honda game after nearly 20 years. I definitely won't miss Goldwingers...

|

6/28/2020 12:28 PM

Modern dealerships ain't what they used to be. Most are multi-line megaplexes. Buying a new bike is as bad a buying a new car anymore. You gotta see the salesman, then you gotta see the sales manager, yada yada.

Look on the bright side, look at all the money you saved by not buying that Goldwing.

|

6/28/2020 1:15 PM

Dirtydeeds wrote:

So much awesome, the soundtrack the suspension just all around fuckin awesome!

|

6/28/2020 10:41 PM

Shiiiiit. After further consideration...

The sales-dude did you a solid: step up and buy the Africa Twin in all of it’s 2020 HRC Glory.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

6/28/2020 10:49 PM

philG wrote:

Sales is brutal, nothing worse than a slagging off from a guy that never bought anything .. so many stories, the shame is, the regular guy who is working 2 jobs, he isn't the one that tries to drill you to the ground on price, he will pay , and guess what, he will get looked after.

So many people don't want the bike, they want 'the deal'..

Its all about power, and I just got sick of people's shit … i don't wanna ever do it again.

yep, the term 'buyers are liars' does not exist for no reason,

|