Motostuff Works Caliper

TSCHAM101
Edited Date/Time 12/31/2020 11:06pm
Anyone ever run one?

Considering throwing it on my 250f.. dont like the spongy yami brakes.
|
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
2058th
8/17/2020 2:55pm Edited Date/Time 8/17/2020 3:00pm
Start with the master cylinder, or try braided line. Swap for a Honda or Ktm. will be way cheaper than one of those calipers. If you can get the ktm master with the braided line still attached you can get two birds stoned at once.

I have a 13 ktm master cylinder and line, stock pads, 280mm Motostuff disc. A grab at brake lever will put me on the ground faster than the throttle ever will.
I also have a billet caliper and motostuff pads sitting on the shelf if I ever want to go full retard.
Zaugg
8/17/2020 3:49pm
^^^What he said.

I might suggest looking at would at Galfer rotors, lines, and pads. Motostuff is pretty good but Galfer is more precise and higher end.

TSCHAM101
8/17/2020 4:16pm
Zaugg wrote:
^^^What he said. I might suggest looking at would at Galfer rotors, lines, and pads. Motostuff is pretty good but Galfer is more precise and higher...
^^^What he said.

I might suggest looking at would at Galfer rotors, lines, and pads. Motostuff is pretty good but Galfer is more precise and higher end.

More precise and higher end??? I dont think so... Motostuff has the best rotor i have ever used.. only issue is it tends to bend if you get tangled up with guys alot.. ive only bent 1, but it was when i went down and got tangled up with a guy..

ill see what i can find for the master cylinder.. i havent thought of trying that yet.
flat4
8/17/2020 4:24pm
Zaugg wrote:
^^^What he said. I might suggest looking at would at Galfer rotors, lines, and pads. Motostuff is pretty good but Galfer is more precise and higher...
^^^What he said.

TSCHAM101 wrote:
More precise and higher end??? I dont think so... Motostuff has the best rotor i have ever used.. only issue is it tends to bend if...
More precise and higher end??? I dont think so... Motostuff has the best rotor i have ever used.. only issue is it tends to bend if you get tangled up with guys alot.. ive only bent 1, but it was when i went down and got tangled up with a guy..

ill see what i can find for the master cylinder.. i havent thought of trying that yet.
I believe Scott sells the Honda Master if you are using his caliper on the Yammie.

The Shop

Zaugg
8/17/2020 5:12pm
Zaugg wrote:
^^^What he said.

TSCHAM101 wrote:
More precise and higher end??? I dont think so... Motostuff has the best rotor i have ever used.. only issue is it tends to bend if...

Not to pick a fight here so I'll ask this nicely...Have you used Galfer? I'm not saying Motostuff isn't any good...I'm saying that Galfer is a higher end product and more precise...and I've used both company's stuff...at least their rotors.

I say this about Galfer because they manufacture everything. I see no mention of that from Motostuff. Do they laser cut their rotors or are they stamped? Do they make their own pad compound (seems like they haven't been making pads for very long)? Do they make their own lines or are they outsourced and branded? These are questions I can't answer about Motostuff but I can about other manufacturers...like Galfer or Brembo or Beringer.

Like I said, their stuff is good but it's not top shelf.

mister2dt
8/17/2020 5:15pm
More precisely, are they laser cut, heat treated and then surface ground for true flatness and exact thickness? Galfer rotors are. Or are they using pre heat treated material which in time will warp or bend.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
8/17/2020 7:11pm Edited Date/Time 8/17/2020 7:22pm
TSCHAM101 wrote:

I have a “ like new “ Brembo front master, if you want to try one out...

FYI- Motostuff is out of Honda Masters and they are back ordered. You can find used ones on EBay, but that’s always a gamble. (Be careful of the China JUNK, that looks like a Nissin)

I can be reached at Langhammx@sbcglobal.net , if you’re interested. ~ Shaun
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
8/17/2020 7:30pm
I bought one, but haven’t used it yet.

[

I had the Brembo master on it, but a good buddy gave me a master off of one of Roczens Suzukis.
bq_365
8/17/2020 7:50pm Edited Date/Time 8/17/2020 7:53pm
Been using MotoStuff for nearly 10 years. I love these things!

TSCHAM101
8/17/2020 9:08pm
Zaugg wrote:
^^^What he said.

TSCHAM101 wrote:

Zaugg wrote:
Not to pick a fight here so I'll ask this nicely...Have you used Galfer? I'm not saying Motostuff isn't any good...I'm saying that Galfer is a...
Not to pick a fight here so I'll ask this nicely...Have you used Galfer? I'm not saying Motostuff isn't any good...I'm saying that Galfer is a higher end product and more precise...and I've used both company's stuff...at least their rotors.

I say this about Galfer because they manufacture everything. I see no mention of that from Motostuff. Do they laser cut their rotors or are they stamped? Do they make their own pad compound (seems like they haven't been making pads for very long)? Do they make their own lines or are they outsourced and branded? These are questions I can't answer about Motostuff but I can about other manufacturers...like Galfer or Brembo or Beringer.

Like I said, their stuff is good but it's not top shelf.

currently, im running Galfer, because i bent my Motostuff rotor.. The Galfer is much heavier and stronger compared to the motostuff.. But i think performance is equal and weight is lower. and $280-300 for a rotor is a pretty penny(trying to true it back to shape for emergency use)
8/17/2020 10:15pm
I have the first version of the Moto Stuff Billet Caliper. I wasn't expecting much from it, but boy was I wrong. It has a much improved feel allowing you to get hard on the brakes without locking it up. Of all the performance upgrades I did, it was one of the top 2 that made the biggest noticeable difference. I am not sure if the same people are machining the HRC clone caliper as the one I have from Moto-Stuff, but if the internals/ performance are the same, you will be very happy you made the purchase. It is more than just bling.

motokiwi
Fantasy
319th
8/17/2020 11:53pm
langhammx wrote:
I bought one, but haven’t used it yet. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/08/17/444317/s1200_80273F53_5F0F_4CF1_94F0_BE10810767E8.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/08/17/444320/s1200_DF345B52_FF40_4FF6_B014_38B175D9194D.jpg[/img] [ I had the Brembo master on it, but a good buddy gave me a master...
I bought one, but haven’t used it yet.

[

I had the Brembo master on it, but a good buddy gave me a master off of one of Roczens Suzukis.
Damn son the bike in that 2nd pic is TIGHT! Makes me want to go and bubba spec late brake into a corner
adam8781
12/31/2020 9:26pm
Yamaha brakes a very disappointing, here's how i fixed mine on my new yz450f

2012 crf master
galfer ss line
2006 yz250 caliper
galfer 270mm solid rotor

its a 1 finger setup, 100x better than stock. im doing a big writeup soon on brakes, im one picky mofo about front brakes!

Chance1216
12/31/2020 10:02pm
I have a 280 mm disc on mine. I had to get the offset bracket of course but, I would highly recommend them. It has saved me more then once from flying off into the bushes. The modulation when hard on the brake is pretty predictable.
12/31/2020 11:06pm Edited Date/Time 12/31/2020 11:09pm
I worked on my front brake setup over the last year. I started with a brembo master cylinder suggested by keefer testing. I honestly wasn't a fan of it. It still felt squishy to me. I upgraded to a 2006 yz250 caliper with the 27mm pistons up from the stock 22.5mm pistons. It gave me the power I was looking for but it still felt squishy. I changed out the front line for a steel braided line and it was better but still not as firm as I wanted. I then changed to a Honda master cylinder and got the firm progressive feel I was looking for. I only ever need one finger on the front brake and no longer have to squeeze it to the bars into a corner hoping it will stop. I've saved the stock setup and will re-install it when I sell this bike to carry the setup I like to my next bike. The 2006 yz250 caliper can be found on ebay for under $100. I can't imagine the moto stuff having enough performance beyond that to justify the price tag for a non professional racer. I will say the yamaha caliper is ugly though. It's chunky.

27mm Yamaha caliper Part number is 1C3-2580T-00-00. You will need to change over your stock hangar bracket.

Another thing that helped my front brake immensely was lubing the slide pins with proper grease. I use dow 33 light now. They move super easy and it kept the firm feel for much longer where as other greases would gum up from the heat or whatever and cause a spongy feel.

Post a reply to: Motostuff Works Caliper

The Latest