Motosport.com Youtube videos gone?

mnomis484
Wanted to watch a couple classic motosport.com videos on youtube, seems like they deleted a couple or put them on private.
For example the one with cue, hill, russell etc in the dunes that got a couple million views, or cue at ww ranch?
I was not able to find them, maybe someone has a link? Would be a bummer if they were actually gone.
|
Cortami79
5/5/2020 2:58am
Yeah had the same! Wanted to watch Hodges JS7 compound vid and it is gone
4DAIVIPAI2K5
5/5/2020 4:22am
Boy loves their Millertime videos. Max sent him a signed jersey and sticker. They got to meet up at Lorretta's and exchange stickers in person a year or so later. My son was super nervous to meet him but Max took the time with him and made a great memory for us. We need more MILLERTIME!
redslush
5/5/2020 8:51am
If I had to guess it probably has to do with trying to avoid copyright issues. A lot of the stuff left is RAW, POV, or contains royalty free songs.

The stuff I've shot for them has been pulled minus POV stuff.

The Shop

mnomis484
5/5/2020 9:11am
such a bummer... i believe the Northwest dunes freeriding video was one of the most viewed youtube moto videos ever.
The series like Driven to Ride, Brett Cue All in, Hanny, they were very well made, lots of insight and great shots.
They just dont make videos like those anymore
Johnny Ringo
5/5/2020 10:28am
Is there a way for them to get around the copyright stuff? Provide fans links to the private videos?
JM485
5/5/2020 11:00am
YouTube is just begging for someone to create a comparable platform without all this copyright bullshit. Using music in an edit is considered fair use, and as long as credit is given then there should be no issue at all, yet between pulling videos for copyright or just about topics they don’t see fit YouTube is seriously shooting themselves in the foot. People are losing their monitization left and right for absolutely nothing (just ask Tony Blazier) and they see no issue with it and don’t want to remedy the problem, it’s just insane.
tek14
5/5/2020 11:20am
We moved our videos to vimeo because they didnt delete our moto videos that had some music added.
redslush
5/5/2020 12:15pm Edited Date/Time 5/5/2020 12:18pm
Is there a way for them to get around the copyright stuff? Provide fans links to the private videos?
The workaround would be to officially license the music that was used or having the original videomakers re-cut to royalty-free music. They must have received some strikes and removed further content to avoid getting their channel shutdown.

Its possible the original content creators have the same content uploaded to their personal channels as part of their portfolios (I have the brad bakken series on mine). Brandon Bolling (Driven to Win), Dayton Daft, Austin White, Bryson Steele...are some names that come to mind that created some of their most memorable stuff (IMO) and may be worth looking into their channels.

I miss the Rory Sullivan SOLO edits. Those things were my personal faves on the channel.

Vimeo and Daily Motion are less strict on their copyright enforcement FWIW
5/5/2020 12:58pm
They deleted a full 6 min video from Nick Wey racing at RedBud that I made, but instead uploaded an interview "blooper" I sent them for Instagram 3 years ago from the same video. Shit's wack. Motosport's gone through a lot of management changes over the years, I think they just lost their path.
Hudd_421
5/5/2020 1:09pm
Music copyright issues unfortunately. So much good content over the years.
5/5/2020 6:32pm
Well they removed their RAW 125 Dream Race from Shougal in 2015. It's my favourite MX video ever but I can't see why they removed it as it had no music or anything...
jimmyb641
5/18/2020 10:55am
mnomis484 wrote:
such a bummer... i believe the Northwest dunes freeriding video was one of the most viewed youtube moto videos ever. The series like Driven to Ride...
such a bummer... i believe the Northwest dunes freeriding video was one of the most viewed youtube moto videos ever.
The series like Driven to Ride, Brett Cue All in, Hanny, they were very well made, lots of insight and great shots.
They just dont make videos like those anymore
I have all the original Hanny, Driven to Ride, and a ton of other motosport videos but not quite sure on the legality of me uploading them to my youtube channel – I would have to double check my contract with them but, Im sure I tossed it a few years ago.

Motosport was sued for one video that someone else had made and they removed everything that they didn't have proper music licensing for. Youtube does allow quite a bit of big name bands to be used on their platform, you just have to check their allowed music list - which all of mine fell under. I see the reasoning behind them removing all the videos but seems like they went a little overboard.
Sierra Ranger
5/18/2020 1:50pm
JM485 wrote:
YouTube is just begging for someone to create a comparable platform without all this copyright bullshit. Using music in an edit is considered fair use, and...
YouTube is just begging for someone to create a comparable platform without all this copyright bullshit. Using music in an edit is considered fair use, and as long as credit is given then there should be no issue at all, yet between pulling videos for copyright or just about topics they don’t see fit YouTube is seriously shooting themselves in the foot. People are losing their monitization left and right for absolutely nothing (just ask Tony Blazier) and they see no issue with it and don’t want to remedy the problem, it’s just insane.
You can't just take music and use it in a video and credit someone. You have to have the rights.
I'm not sure how Matthes gets away with slapping Pearl Jam on a Michelin commercial- that's about as egregious as you can get, but I guess he flies under the radar.
5/18/2020 4:27pm
Send it to us, we can add it to our platform - we’re partnering with more brands and promoters due to a lot of issues with YouTube - plus we’re supporting more content in dealerships as well
franc91
5/28/2020 12:25am
its hard to survive the quarantine without these videos.....

Post a reply to: Motosport.com Youtube videos gone?

The Latest