Motorsports lost another great..

Related:
Create New Tag

9/20/2018 8:25 PM

World of Outlaw driver Greg Hodnett was involved in a fatal accident at BAPS speedway tonight. Another huge blow to the sport tonight

|

9/20/2018 8:28 PM

greenmx5 wrote:

World of Outlaw driver Greg Hodnett was involved in a fatal accident at BAPS speedway tonight. Another huge blow to the sport tonight

sprintcar racing is getting pretty bad, you are talking isle of man type numbers of deaths a year now,

RIP

|

9/20/2018 9:01 PM

greenmx5 wrote:

scott_nz wrote:

sprintcar racing is getting pretty bad, you are talking isle of man type numbers of deaths a year now,

RIP

Whats different now than before?

|

My post is my opinion. If you don't agree with it, I'm OK with it.

9/20/2018 10:31 PM

Thoughts and prayers to his family, team and thousands of friends ...the PA Posse is sad tonight.
RIP "Hod"

|

9/20/2018 10:41 PM

greenmx5 wrote:

scott_nz wrote:

RIP

Moto96 wrote:

I think its the same as Irish road racing, its just getting faster and faster, so the consequences are just getting worse when things go wrong, and the cages have not got better to compensate,

A mate of mine who is now based in Sydney is working on a safer cage for sprint cars,

https://www.facebook.com/CSR-Fabrications-114036621941920/

|

9/20/2018 10:56 PM

Rest in peace.

Photo

|

9/21/2018 12:59 AM

Man saddd RIP GREG.

|

9/21/2018 4:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/21/2018 4:48 AM

I'm not sure how true it is, but the rumor going around is that his steering broke... which put him into the wall head on at high speed where you enter the pits. Terrible deal either way. He was one of the vets

|

9/21/2018 4:49 AM

Wow. Thats tragic. Prayers going out for his family. That's terrible.

|

9/21/2018 4:50 AM

greenmx5 wrote:

scott_nz wrote:

RIP

Moto96 wrote:

These cars are so light and go SO Fast it's just not a winning combination when something goes wrong. I had a good friend of my killed at the same track as Jason Johnsonsad Sprint Cars are just not in a good spot right now and I think something needs to change more safety, more weight, slow them down something......

RIP GH

|

9/21/2018 7:59 PM

he hauled ass........great driver

|

9/21/2018 11:39 PM

scott_nz wrote:

RIP

Moto96 wrote:

scott_nz wrote:

I think its the same as Irish road racing, its just getting faster and faster, so the consequences are just getting worse when things go wrong, and the cages have not got better to compensate,

A mate of mine who is now based in Sydney is working on a safer cage for sprint cars,

You can only make the cages so safe it's all about physics. When those car start to roll it's more violent than anrything I've ever seen

|

9/22/2018 2:09 AM

Moto96 wrote:

scott_nz wrote:

bsharkey wrote:

You can only make the cages so safe it's all about physics. When those car start to roll it's more violent than anrything I've ever seen

Yeah you really need to start doing crumple zones along with more sealing of the cockpit.

Often they are killed when they mount the fence and it it enters the cockpit.

I wonder if a company could manufacture replaceable foam compression pads on different areas of the car that compress like helmet foam on impact. Make this a standard part that must say be a certain thicknee before the start of each race meeting to ensure it hasnt been crumpled before. Say a front bumper in 3 parts and two sides that run run up to neck height.

|

9/22/2018 5:08 AM

He lived 10 minutes down the road from me and was a local favorite at Lincoln Speedway. I couldnt believe the news, very heartbreaking.

|

9/22/2018 5:34 AM

Hate reading stuff like this.sad

|

GP740
Since 1987

9/22/2018 7:47 AM

Such a shame. I watch a handful of sprint car races every year. It is impossible to describe how fast those cars are, especially at the half mile tracks.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....