Motocrossfantasy.com help..

wilh72
So this past weekend I chose 2-5th place overall correctly in the 450s and 2,3,5,8 overall in the 250 class. I was thinking “I’ll probably be in the top 50 this week” at the end of the day I went to check the standing I was back in 270ish. I decided to check and see who the top guys picked this week and they all picked guys who barely scored any points at all overall, they were getting 50-100 points per rider. How exactly does this site work for fantasy? I read the how to play and it doesn’t go into much detail on the handicap side of things. Any tips/advice?
|
lamy962
5/28/2019 5:42pm
wilh72 wrote:
So this past weekend I chose 2-5th place overall correctly in the 450s and 2,3,5,8 overall in the 250 class. I was thinking “I’ll probably be...
So this past weekend I chose 2-5th place overall correctly in the 450s and 2,3,5,8 overall in the 250 class. I was thinking “I’ll probably be in the top 50 this week” at the end of the day I went to check the standing I was back in 270ish. I decided to check and see who the top guys picked this week and they all picked guys who barely scored any points at all overall, they were getting 50-100 points per rider. How exactly does this site work for fantasy? I read the how to play and it doesn’t go into much detail on the handicap side of things. Any tips/advice?
It took me a little bit to figure it out as well but I'll do my best to help you...

First off, if you're picking riders that are blacked out (it was the top 5 during SX but they have increased that to top 8 for MX) those guys only get you the standard points they earn in a moto (26 for 1st, 23 for 2nd, 21 for 3rd, 19 for 4th then 1 point for each position after 4th). Anyone that isn't highlighted in black is an "underdog" and will earn you double points if they finish in the top 10.

Then you have the handicap which is where it can get a little tricky. Let's say you pick someone that has a 10 handicap and is an underdog and they finish 11th. That will get you points for 1st (26) and that will get doubled for being an underdog, so you can technically earn 52 points per moto so that is how people are earning upwards of 102 points per rider.

There are a few with a negative handicap. So let's say they have a -2 handicap, they need to finish 8th or higher to earn double points.

It's more of a gamble choosing the riders with the higher handicaps but will obviously pay off if they do well. Best thing to do is look at the qualifying times before you make your final picks. I'll usually make my safe choices when the list comes out on Thursday then update it after looking at the qualifying times. That way in case you forget to do it on race day, you'll at least earn something.

Hope this helps and let me know if none of that made sense and I'll try and explain it a little more. Good luck and have fun!!
wilh72
5/28/2019 5:49pm
wilh72 wrote:
So this past weekend I chose 2-5th place overall correctly in the 450s and 2,3,5,8 overall in the 250 class. I was thinking “I’ll probably be...
lamy962 wrote:
It took me a little bit to figure it out as well but I'll do my best to help you... First off, if you're picking riders...
It took me a little bit to figure it out as well but I'll do my best to help you...

First off, if you're picking riders that are blacked out (it was the top 5 during SX but they have increased that to top 8 for MX) those guys only get you the standard points they earn in a moto (26 for 1st, 23 for 2nd, 21 for 3rd, 19 for 4th then 1 point for each position after 4th). Anyone that isn't highlighted in black is an "underdog" and will earn you double points if they finish in the top 10.

Then you have the handicap which is where it can get a little tricky. Let's say you pick someone that has a 10 handicap and is an underdog and they finish 11th. That will get you points for 1st (26) and that will get doubled for being an underdog, so you can technically earn 52 points per moto so that is how people are earning upwards of 102 points per rider.

There are a few with a negative handicap. So let's say they have a -2 handicap, they need to finish 8th or higher to earn double points.

It's more of a gamble choosing the riders with the higher handicaps but will obviously pay off if they do well. Best thing to do is look at the qualifying times before you make your final picks. I'll usually make my safe choices when the list comes out on Thursday then update it after looking at the qualifying times. That way in case you forget to do it on race day, you'll at least earn something.

Hope this helps and let me know if none of that made sense and I'll try and explain it a little more. Good luck and have fun!!
It’s been fun so far, makes raceday a little more exciting too. I ended up purchasing the nbc gold app for this reason mostly. Thanks for the help, that answers a lot of my questions! I’m sitting in 252nd place right now overall for the series, that 2019 YZ125 is probably
out of reach now! Thanks again!

Post a reply to: Motocrossfantasy.com help..

The Latest