Motocrossed

vdrsnk04
Fantasy
4295th
3/27/2020 5:32am
Ramrod wrote:
Great story Regis, thanks for sharing! I just watched the movie with my kids. My daughter was cringing half the time haha. Why was the Dad...
Great story Regis, thanks for sharing!

I just watched the movie with my kids. My daughter was cringing half the time haha.

Why was the Dad such a dick? And the French rider, not cool. Roosting MC, Lamson and Travis was the girls first mistake. That track looked awesome.
sumdood wrote:
The Dad being a dick seems like a common theme in a lot of kids movies.
It’s also common at a lot of amateur races. So it seems fitting to reality really.
TDeath21
3/27/2020 8:07am
Ramrod wrote:
Great story Regis, thanks for sharing! I just watched the movie with my kids. My daughter was cringing half the time haha. Why was the Dad...
Great story Regis, thanks for sharing!

I just watched the movie with my kids. My daughter was cringing half the time haha.

Why was the Dad such a dick? And the French rider, not cool. Roosting MC, Lamson and Travis was the girls first mistake. That track looked awesome.
sumdood wrote:
The Dad being a dick seems like a common theme in a lot of kids movies.
vdrsnk04 wrote:
It’s also common at a lot of amateur races. So it seems fitting to reality really.
Ruining youth sports honestly. It’s life and death so they treat their kid like shit if they don’t do good enough and they treat officials like shit because a call went against their son or daughter’s team.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
3/27/2020 8:17am
About the moto dads, I had a friend with an A+ moto dad. Regis might even know who he is if he ever raced Barona as far back as the late '80s...
Anyway, this dude would walk out on the track and yell at his kid to go faster. One moto, he was doing that for my friend's younger brother and some other rider tries to take him out. (Or, more likely, just was in the wrong place at the wrong time.... it was 80 Novice!) Anyway, the two riders collide and my friend's younger brother makes it out without crashing and rides away. The other guy wasn't so lucky and ended up hitting the dirt. My buddy's dad ran over and started yelling at this OTHER KID! "You try that shit again and I'll knock you out!" Stuff like that. Good times.
3/27/2020 8:31am Edited Date/Time 3/27/2020 8:32am
My wife and I had a conversation about the dad from "Brink" as we were watching that last month.

I thought he was totally reasonable and a great dad based on the information he had about the situation. It wasn't his fault people didn't give him the whole story. She thought he was a dick.

The Shop

motoxxx599
Fantasy
985th
3/29/2020 5:29pm
Falcon wrote:
About the moto dads, I had a friend with an A+ moto dad. Regis might even know who he is if he ever raced Barona as...
About the moto dads, I had a friend with an A+ moto dad. Regis might even know who he is if he ever raced Barona as far back as the late '80s...
Anyway, this dude would walk out on the track and yell at his kid to go faster. One moto, he was doing that for my friend's younger brother and some other rider tries to take him out. (Or, more likely, just was in the wrong place at the wrong time.... it was 80 Novice!) Anyway, the two riders collide and my friend's younger brother makes it out without crashing and rides away. The other guy wasn't so lucky and ended up hitting the dirt. My buddy's dad ran over and started yelling at this OTHER KID! "You try that shit again and I'll knock you out!" Stuff like that. Good times.
I got swung on by a dad at a track near Daytona... 450 A class and his son and I were battling it out at a night race. His son was leading and we went into a back section out of sight of the grandstands and he tipped over in a tight rut, all on his own. I came out of the back section alone and his dad assumed I cleaned him out. I won the moto and stopped to pick up my mechanic and out of no where his dad threw a punch at me and missed but connected with my mechanic knocking him off the back of my bike. A melee ensued and when his son came across the finish he rushed over to the fight yelling " I crashed by myself! I crashed by myself!" He wasnt allowed to come back for a year.
3/30/2020 7:45pm
I know it’s not the same movie, but I was watching a podcast that had Aaron Carter on it (please, don’t ask why, my answer will not be adequate enough) and he stated he did all of his own stunts in the Supercross movie. I don’t doubt he rides bikes, but I really question the truth of that statement.
3/30/2020 9:31pm
I used to watch this non stop when I was 11. Little cheesy at some spots, but its fun to watch and hit me in the nostalgia feels. Its funny picking up on some of the humor I didnt understand as a kid. The comment Rene made to Andi about being useful for once while washing dishes made me laugh. Back before everything was so damn PC.
Pakoyz250f
Fantasy
1588th
3/24/2021 11:45am
So I have a 3 years old kid and a 7 month NB. So every night is my job to put the 3 year old to bed and of course I put Disney + and watch whatever movie mi kid chooses til he falls sleep.

Yesterday I was sick of the same and saw this movie (never heard of it) and decided to put it and my kind loved it haha eventually he fall sleep and I finished it.

Good movie kind of cheesy but I liked it, good sound of the bikes and good scenes

Loved the part of MC and Travis haha

Good thing is that my kid loves all things MX, he watches SX races with me and now we have this movie

Post a reply to: Motocrossed

The Latest