Motocross watches

Related:
Create New Tag

12/29/2018 3:45 AM

Im looking to pick up a watch around $300 or less but am not quite sure what to get yet i have looked around the forums and seen many types of watches however im still confused on which the best for lap timing and day to day life such as counting steps ect. I have looked into the fitbit ionic it has built in gps but i am not sure if it will track lap times. Also does any watch with gps allow it to track lap times.

|

12/29/2018 6:22 AM

No watch will give you actual lap times on the watch, you have to use an app like Strava. Garmin would be your best option but I recommend Polar for MX/SX durability, A300 will be fine.

Strava may already have your track on file, if not, then record one lap with strava to get the layout and lap distance, start/finish piont. enjoy

|

Thanks for your Support
100%, Mobius, Sunstar, Pirelli, Odi, Acerbis, Yoshimura, Beck's Tech Suspension and Tuning, Arma, Works Connection

12/29/2018 8:29 AM

I have a fenix 5 sapphire glass i love it

|

12/29/2018 8:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/29/2018 8:40 AM

Not a watch , but I saw a guy actually fasten a stop watch to his crossbar pad with velcro. Picked an easy section / corner to just tap the button every lap. He said it worked pretty dang good. Just fyi.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

12/29/2018 8:41 AM

I have a Polar M400 and quite a few of my friends have the new version which I believe is the M430 and love them. Great product and support. I highly recommend Polar.

|

Go Hawks!

12/29/2018 8:47 AM

Just get a girlfriend for the lap times tongue

|

12/29/2018 8:50 AM

wideopen198 wrote:

He said he has $300. Even a bad one costs WAY more than that.

|

12/29/2018 9:08 AM

Garmin 910XT is the best I've had

|

12/29/2018 9:49 AM

Apple Watch does most of this via apps like "Map my Ride" (Bicycle app) & it's a phone...hell, it's a tiny iPad. U can find Series 3s on sale for cheap at Amazon or Groupon.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

12/29/2018 10:46 AM

Photo
|

12/29/2018 11:17 AM

TeamGreen wrote:

Apple Watch does most of this via apps like "Map my Ride" (Bicycle app) & it's a phone...hell, it's a tiny iPad. U can find Series 3s on sale for cheap at Amazon or Groupon.

Will the series 1 be able to do this as well? I can usually find them cheap for $100 on craigslist and if I broke it, I wouldn't be too mad.

|

If it can't be fixed with a hammer, it's an electrical problem.

12/29/2018 11:56 AM

SeaClassExpert wrote:

Will the series 1 be able to do this as well? I can usually find them cheap for $100 on craigslist and if I broke it, I wouldn't be too mad.

No GPS in series 1. It will use the GPS from your iPhone if it’s kept on you.

|

12/29/2018 12:13 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

SeaClassExpert wrote:

I’d go hit a bicycle or Apple users forum. I like the Gen 3-4 watches that are also a stand alone phone.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

12/29/2018 12:52 PM

Garmin Fenix 3 HR here. It's amazing and has a motorsport lap timing app. Very durable as well. I use it to track all my rides.

|

Care Factor Zero

12/29/2018 1:03 PM

Garmin is the only watch that is going to give you lap times. It's a feature called "lap by position". 910xt is the only one that has it right from garmin, all the other watches you have to dl a third party app called "motorsports"

I am using a 635m. Works perfect, has music and wrist heartrate which is pretty accurate when I compare to the chest strap.

|

"Who cares about what other people think"

12/29/2018 1:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/29/2018 1:13 PM

Here is an example of the info that I get.
This is at LACR vet track.

Photo
Photo
Photo

|

12/29/2018 1:32 PM

Preston412 wrote:

No watch will give you actual lap times on the watch, you have to use an app like Strava. Garmin would be your best option but I recommend Polar for MX/SX durability, A300 will be fine.

Strava may already have your track on file, if not, then record one lap with strava to get the layout and lap distance, start/finish piont. enjoy

Is this strava app only available for garmin or can it be used on many different platforms.

|

12/29/2018 1:39 PM

wideopen198 wrote:

AZRider wrote:

He said he has $300. Even a bad one costs WAY more than that.

One time use?

|

12/29/2018 10:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/29/2018 10:33 PM

Preston412 wrote:

cameron16 wrote:

Is this strava app only available for garmin or can it be used on many different platforms.

Most any activity tracking device that does gps tracking will work with strava.

|

12/31/2018 2:49 PM

I just got a LitPro, tracks every lap, corner speeds, mph, it came with a heart monitor to help with tracking your bbp Photo

|

1/1/2019 3:49 PM

I have been doing some research on all these watches. Serious ton of them out there to choose from. I am thinking I am just going with a LitPro though. For a little more you can have the best out there if you are looking for lap times and lines. From everything i see they are more accurate as far as where on the track you are and when also. Just my 2 cents.

|

1/1/2019 4:31 PM

YellowZonker wrote:

Garmin Fenix 3 HR here. It's amazing and has a motorsport lap timing app. Very durable as well. I use it to track all my rides.

Fenix 3 HR also. It will track laps on the watch.

|

1/1/2019 5:32 PM

I’ve got the Garmin Vívofit HR and using it with strava it will do lap times...I’m always amazed at how accurate the GPS is (so the lap times are accurate)..and the heart rate monitor is a nice. Also does top speed, elevation, average speed etc.

It will receive texts...but not send them. The fact that the Apple watches are stand alone phones is a really nice feature, and super convenient.

This is the type of data I get when I sync the watch with strava..
Photo
Photo

Photo

|

1/1/2019 5:34 PM

Photo
|

1/1/2019 6:07 PM

mx510 wrote:

I have a Polar M400 and quite a few of my friends have the new version which I believe is the M430 and love them. Great product and support. I highly recommend Polar.

I run the 430. Basically it's the same as the M400 but has the built in HR monitor... Love the watch!

|