Motocross track build

Edited Date/Time 10/2/2019 7:28am
Hi I’m looking to make a corner track to get big ruts. I only have 1.2 acres for a track but my goal is a flat rutty track with corners to get big ruts. How should I approach this ?
|
OtotheB178
10/2/2019 1:53am
Jackyy231 wrote:
Hi I’m looking to make a corner track to get big ruts. I only have 1.2 acres for a track but my goal is a flat...
Hi I’m looking to make a corner track to get big ruts. I only have 1.2 acres for a track but my goal is a flat rutty track with corners to get big ruts. How should I approach this ?
mark out an outline and ride it.....the ruts will form but slowly.
Do you have access to any machines? Tilling will allow it to form quicker.
Fresh
Fantasy
3312th
10/2/2019 5:31am
What kind of dirt do you have? A rotary hoe will help to rip your track deep and allow ruts to form quickly, but it isn’t necessary for dirt that is naturally loose like sand. If you don’t have access to machinery then your best bet is just to mark a track out and ride it, ruts will eventually form
zippytech
10/2/2019 5:42am
If you want deep ruts,, call some fast guys, they always make deep ruts.
10/2/2019 6:43am
It all depends on the dirt. Here in NE New Mexico, it's hard dirt. When you rip that up, ruts will form but if you don't water it, they turn to dust and then you've got nothing. So, you've gotta water, pack, water, pack, and then you end up with rutted concrete.

I'd say the single biggest thing for me to get used to when I go to a real track after riding our practice track is, in fact, the ruts. It takes me a long time to remember how to ride them and how much faster I can actually go. Then when I get home, I immediately wash out 1/2 dozen times until I re-learn how to ride crappy stuff.

I have HEARD that some guys have success with using a single ripper to carve a line out in the hard pack but I don't have a single ripper so I can't confirm. I have a small plow that I weigh down with old batteries and tow behind an ATV and it'll create nice dirt marbles on top of the slick hard pack.

The Shop

kb228
10/2/2019 7:28am
Heres how you do it. Get yourself a garden tractor and a springtooth. Spend a day doing laps on the tractor until you get the track ripped the way you want. It will take a while in your yard because of grass and how hard packed the dirt is. After its ripped, youll have nice ruts. When youre ready for new ones, rip it again and it wont take as long since the dirt is loose.

Heres my springtooth. Paid $50 and it works great for my woods track.

Post a reply to: Motocross track build

The Latest