Motocross rider Simon Lawson goes for gold in Wheelchair Marathon today!

robkinuk
Edited Date/Time 7/8/2017 5:14am
Former Motocross racer Simon Lawson Team GB goes for gold today in the Wheelchair Marathon that brings the Paralympics in Rio to a close.
Simon from Maryport Cumbria broke his spine racing Motocross a few years ago, but ever competitive, he refocused his goals and qualified to win his place alongside David Weir in Team GB wheelchair squad.
It's on Channel 4 live at 16.00 he today GMT.
Simon's on Twitter
@_SL74

GO SIMON!...........
|
9/18/2016 6:08am
He's done fantastic, I speak to him online every now and then,great guy,son of Speedway legend Stevs,he sure has put some dedication and effort into it,I'll be tuning in for sure.
9/18/2016 8:55am
He's done fantastic, I speak to him online every now and then,great guy,son of Speedway legend Stevs,he sure has put some dedication and effort into it,I'll...
He's done fantastic, I speak to him online every now and then,great guy,son of Speedway legend Stevs,he sure has put some dedication and effort into it,I'll be tuning in for sure.
Does he's other son Richard do speedway now?
St Ann More
9/18/2016 11:09am
He's done fantastic, I speak to him online every now and then,great guy,son of Speedway legend Stevs,he sure has put some dedication and effort into it,I'll...
Does he's other son Richard do speedway now?
Yeah, Richard has been doing Speedway for a few years now!

The Shop

robkinuk
9/18/2016 11:49am
He got some coverage on broadcast.
Well done Simon!
robkinuk
9/19/2016 6:37am Edited Date/Time 9/19/2016 6:53am
Update from Simon on Facebook.

Massive thank you to all my friends and family and everyone for such amazing support over the past few months up to the Games and while out here! Every single, like, comment, message, card, donation etc has been suchlike massive help!
Thank you to Paralympics GB and the whole team of staff!
Sorry I didn't deliver the goods on Race day! My water pack bust during warm up and had to run the whole marathon with no water! I got up with the front guys for about 4 mile but had to back off, I couldn't run that fast pace with no hydration in that heat yesterday! It was tough! Congrats too Marcel, Kurt and GD for the podium and everyone else for finishing a tough day!
Also massive thanks to David Weir Cbe for your help out here in my first Paralympic Games and over the last few years! Really appreciate what you've done for me!
Thanks again
Jameshatton
7/8/2017 5:14am
I must say Simon has done a great job and didn't lose hope of getting the goal even though he had gone through a spine injury. Recently I read in the article about the Wheelchair Racing conducted for disabled sports members, wherein many of the disabled people participated along with the different wheelchairs that they might have purchased from sites like Spin life, Amazon etc.. I have been through all the photos which you have uploaded and seems you have done very well in the race.

Post a reply to: Motocross rider Simon Lawson goes for gold in Wheelchair Marathon today!

The Latest