Motocross or Supercross?

Hut
2/22/2015 2:01pm
As a fan I like them both but SX season seems to be way too long and MX always ends too soon.
Flex
2/22/2015 2:08pm Edited Date/Time 2/22/2015 2:10pm
Extending MX would be way to hard on all the riders. The series is long for them as it is already, the only result you will get if you make it longer is more worn out riders retiring even earlier. I think it should be 14 Supercross races and 12 Outdoor races. I mean here in Canada 10 Rounds of Outdoors is plenty. I don't really have a preference I love both, but to watch I like Supercross more but for everything else I like Outdoors more.

If you want a longer MX series just follow MXGP.. or watch SX, MX and MXGP like I do :D
wreckitrandy
2/22/2015 2:32pm Edited Date/Time 2/22/2015 2:33pm
It could never, ever happen but, I'd dig a 10 national and 12 sx, shortened series for both with a 4 or 5 round Trans Am series. The US riders would have a bit shorter season. Put the Trans Am races in after the sx series. It would be a chance for the ama riders to dial in their outdoor settings. Have a 125 support class. Anything goes,,,, and I mean anything, size, stroke, works,,,, whatever in the big dog class. Also, they need to have a couple of vet classes. Vintage too. If I could go to Axton and race with some old slow guys on Saturday, watch some young guns from all over and, a hero class plus the baddest guys on the planet on works bikes on Sunday,,, I'd pay a $100 for a weekend ticket. Not counting entry fees. Pull all that together Davey!
Dx3moto
2/22/2015 2:36pm
12 rounds of Supercross

12 rounds of Motocross

More breaks in between races (2 weeks rather than 1 week), Full season 250 SX, and a bigger payout to everyone racing.

The Shop

gerg
2/22/2015 2:37pm
Can say I have a favorite I love them both...both are top level dirt bike racing after all.

With SX it's the skill and amazement at the timing, the spectacle, close racing and while a lot might disagree, I think the way it is presented is top notch (commentary, format, coverage etc).

MX...I can never get over the speed the riders have on these gnarly tracks and the sheer air on some of the monstrous jumps. The field size and race length as well.
Rdubs19
2/22/2015 2:49pm
Supercross is fun as hell to watch when there is a good battle, but motocross is the real deal, NOTHING like seeing the pros rip around a brutal track WFO. The presentation of supercross has become a little stale and cheesy, hell even the name supercross is kinda cheesy. The tracks are stuck 20 years in the past which really really kills a lot of the potential supercross has. Getting rid of the jumps directly out of corners and incessant, mostly one lined rythmn sections would help for starters. I do love watching SX, mostly due to an unheathly obsession with motocross, and there is a lot if potential for it to be spectacular every week, BUT, the outdoor nationals are where it's at, period, and I would consider the MX titles far more prestigious.
mehow2g
2/22/2015 9:46pm
Motocross because it shows the better rider, way more lines and Possibilities, most sx is cookie cutter stuff.
h&m_cycle
2/22/2015 9:51pm
Get rid of supercross & outdoor supercross. Kill outdoor races like Utah unless they use the mountains in the back ground.
Madc32
2/23/2015 1:04am
#3 for me. Any time I get to see these guys race is great, but MX is the best by far in my opinion. I love getting to ride at Washougal and thinking about how slow I am compared to the Pros. I can't wait for the real season to start. And this year the MXGPs will be fun to watch also. Can't wait!
themrtoad
2/23/2015 4:55am
I can enjoy sx if there is a good fight. I can enjoy mx even if it's 5 sec between all the riders. I even enjoy watching a lonely rider on a motocrosstrack.

Watching a really good rider on a good mx-track on a really sweet sounding twostroke. It doesn't get much better than that.

Number 3 for me too.
jmx411
2/23/2015 6:31am
There is no better sport than motocross because of the way there are two seasons in one year. With supercross you have the "mainstream" or "hollywood" look and feel to it where they are presented like the superstars they are and then you go to the summer to places in the middle of no where to show where the men are.

It would be like major league baseball teams and playing a few months in small stadiums in "backwood" towns all over america.

No other sport does what we do and I love it.
loftyair
2/23/2015 7:04am
It could never, ever happen but, I'd dig a 10 national and 12 sx, shortened series for both with a 4 or 5 round Trans Am...
It could never, ever happen but, I'd dig a 10 national and 12 sx, shortened series for both with a 4 or 5 round Trans Am series. The US riders would have a bit shorter season. Put the Trans Am races in after the sx series. It would be a chance for the ama riders to dial in their outdoor settings. Have a 125 support class. Anything goes,,,, and I mean anything, size, stroke, works,,,, whatever in the big dog class. Also, they need to have a couple of vet classes. Vintage too. If I could go to Axton and race with some old slow guys on Saturday, watch some young guns from all over and, a hero class plus the baddest guys on the planet on works bikes on Sunday,,, I'd pay a $100 for a weekend ticket. Not counting entry fees. Pull all that together Davey!
This. Oh, #3.
PressPassP
2/23/2015 1:22pm
#2 or #3

Not too fussed about SX,I'd like to see a much longer outdoor series,even like the GPs,over 2 days running support classes like EMX,there are so many good amatuer s in the US and it would be great to see them run 2 Motos,one Saturday,one Sunday.

Obviously this would be tough but maybe even 10 rounds and 10 rounds of the regular Nationals,or ultimately a Trans Am series as mentioned,all speculation obviously
2/23/2015 1:40pm
Definitely love the outdoor nationals way more than SX. SX, for me, is just a way to get my fix until the outdoor rounds start.
TeamGreen
2/23/2015 1:45pm
Dear Pierre,

I'd have to go with a really well prepped and groomed MX track like Mammoth.
TeamGreen
2/23/2015 1:50pm
A 2nd note: I have no "angst" towards SX as others, in here, have noted.

You see, like Doc Holliday, I try to contain my Hypocrissy: as an "Old-Guy", I find it hard to bitch and moan about SX...all the while I'm riding local tracks that are more SX looking...versus MX looking.

So, I beg to differ.
Samuel
2/23/2015 1:56pm
I like SX way more. I still like MX, but not nearly as much. I think more people like MX because they can relate more to it. Local tracks are MX tracks. Most riders that have ridden for more than a year can do a lot of the features on an MX track safely. Landings are bigger. Take-offs are bigger. Spacing is huge between jumps. Most people would really struggle on an sx track (myself included), even after years of riding. I think SX shows the true technical ability of the riders, while MX demonstrates a rider's grit and fitness. Obviously, both require bad-asses to qualify professionally. I just like the technical aspect of supercross more. It amazes me how the riders can pinpoint those tiny landings lap after lap. Within milliseconds of landing from one rhythm, they're in the air of the next. If I wanted to know who had the most fitness, I'd watch the tour de France. Wink

Post a reply to: Motocross or Supercross?

The Latest