karsmakers
Edited Date/Time 2/23/2015 1:56pm
What's your preference?

1) both series as they stand

2) A longer motocross season without supercross

3) A shortened supercross series and a longer outdoor series
|
2/22/2015 9:30am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2015 9:35am
MX by a country mile. When is the last time you dumped roost out of your shoes at a SX? Give me option 3.
2/22/2015 9:52am
I like both and i think both have a place in professional racing. I went to multiple GP's and EU sx races in the 2014 season and enjoyed all of them equally as much. Same for viewing i like it all. Allthough i guess in some way i have a little preference for outdoors since thats the only thing i ever rode myself as an amateur. And we don't have a prestige supercross series in EU .. (Allthought i really like the Bercy venue)
HenryA
2/22/2015 10:03am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2015 10:04am
Mx by far! Outdoors can turn into a snoozer pretty quick but you don't get battles like this indoors:

In other words, that would be number 3.
RangerLee
2/22/2015 10:07am
Why SX is so popular is you can see the Whole race, that combined with the jumps, it is easy to see why it is a fan favorite. Comfortable seating, easy to access refreshments, full view of the whole track. Most of us though will never ride let alone race on a SX track, just the way it goes.

With the outdoors it is difficult to find a track that has a spot where you can see everything, so you pick the best spot to give the most. However we get longer lap times and the chance for our favorite riders to make moves and catch the front, unlike in SX very rarely can someone come from the back and still take the win.

I like them both and am happy to have both, in no way would I want to see SX leave, though I would like to have less injuries that knock out so many riders each season.

The Shop

ATKpilot99
2/22/2015 10:08am
Motocross for sure, and I'd take #3 flipping the numbers....12 SX , 17 MX but it will never happen. Like it or not SX is king when it comes to sponsors and dollar signs.
Sunhouse
2/22/2015 10:08am
Motocross is where it is at. Sx is just a moto-fix during snow-season. I really don´t care who wins sx-championships as they to me personally don´t mean as much as an outdoor champonship
jamma10
2/22/2015 10:10am

Don't mind Supercross but Motocross is by FAR my favourite of the two.
Steve125
Fantasy
2779th
2/22/2015 10:12am
Motocross.. Love to make a weekend out of the whole experience and see more track time by your favorite riders. Would rather have the race on Sunday again though..Not a big fan of traveling to a SX for a 3 hour show, 49 second lap times, then going home.
2/22/2015 10:26am
In the past the outdoors was a cooler series when they had the 125 full season with the split 250 and open season on tracks that were less supercross like.

You can't blame those that had the talent and negotiating power to get supercross only contracts.

Supercross is the star attraction sponsorship wise and it plays a big role in who gets factory contracts.

If a rider could get the big bucks to race supercross only and only have to race five months out of the year who could blame them.

The outdoor series will probably always appeal more to the core of motocross fans though.
karsmakers
2/22/2015 10:27am
I'm glad virtually everyone agrees that motocross is their favorite. Supercross is a fill in at best until the real racing starts. Supercross is an injury rittled free style motocross that we all HOPE our favorite riders survive so they can race outdoors. Supercross is like wearing a condom as thick as a garden hose......not that satisfying. Thank God the Gp's start next week so we can watch some real racing. Of course I'll still watch supercross but only because it's slightly better than anything else on TV. Thank you RV for giving us more incentive to watch the GP's
downard254
2/22/2015 10:30am
#3 for me here as well. I'd pay double to see a good MX race vs. a SX race.

Oh crap! Uh, mmmmm, Davey, move along, you didn't read that. Just a dream, time to wake up. Ha, Ha, that was a good joke, eh.
Original 44
2/22/2015 10:33am
MX by far. Love to see just MX and a Tran-AM series again. That would be epic. But if not that then I'm fine with Supercross and the outdoors just the way they are.
karsmakers
2/22/2015 10:48am
MX by far. Love to see just MX and a Tran-AM series again. That would be epic. But if not that then I'm fine with Supercross...
MX by far. Love to see just MX and a Tran-AM series again. That would be epic. But if not that then I'm fine with Supercross and the outdoors just the way they are.
That would be the ultimate....a national series AND a trans am series. Cheerful
2/22/2015 10:51am
Option #3
Motocross is less boring to watch instead of Supercross imo.
Also I like motocross tracks better than supercross track when riding
RandyS
2/22/2015 10:56am
Usually SX but the last couple of years I've been just as excited to watch the GPs and Outdoors. And I'd watch the Canadian nationals religiously if the played them here still. Supercross has been the same thing for too long, I don't know how they could change it though.
olds cool
2/22/2015 11:08am
#3 all day long and twice on Sundays. That's right, I said SUNDAYs.
thorns
2/22/2015 11:21am
Motocross by far.

Would love racing to be more MX races, and less SX (stoked now there is MXGP to follow from next week). Its that time now in the SX season where it seems like the same thing over and over, and I'm more just praying nobody else gets injured so we can have a stacked field going into the first outdoors race.
ocscottie
2/22/2015 11:27am
I really wish is was 12 and 12. 17 SX races in 18 weeks is such a brutal grind on these guys, hell its a grind on me and all im doing is sitting behind a PC 10+ hours each Saturday lol
2/22/2015 11:34am
Sunhouse wrote:
Motocross is where it is at. Sx is just a moto-fix during snow-season. I really don´t care who wins sx-championships as they to me personally don´t...
Motocross is where it is at. Sx is just a moto-fix during snow-season. I really don´t care who wins sx-championships as they to me personally don´t mean as much as an outdoor champonship
Would your opinion, personally, on which series matters more change if the riders said SX is more important? It'll be a little strange if you say no, honestly, but don't let that stop you.

I don't really have a preference anymore, sx or mx, because they each have pluses (I'm talking about as motorcycle-racing competitions---I couldn't give much less of a fuck about seating and refreshments). BUT: there's not really anywhere else for MX to go, but if SX ever reaches its potential, look out, yo.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
2/22/2015 11:35am
I like both equally as is. I look forward every year to SX starting at the end of college football season. And when SX ends, I'm totally jacked for MX to start. And when MX is starting to wind down near the end of the series, I'm totally jacked up for football to begin in Aug/Sept. The only changes I would prefer to see in all of it is, SX going to 15 min +2 laps for 250s and 20 min + 2 laps for 450s as opposed to 15 and 20 lap mains. The sport needs both SX and MX to be successful. JMHO
mark_swart
2/22/2015 11:45am
I love them both, but for different reasons. IMO, SX is more exciting and lends itself perfectly to TV, outdoors is gnarlier. Both are awesome.

If I could change anything, I'd like to see the SX season a couple rounds shorter, and more of a break (1 month?) in between SX and MX. This isn't just for the riders or teams, this is from a fan/market perspective. After 17 weeks of SX in a row, I will honestly admit that I'm a little over it as far as launching into watching MX just a couple weeks later.

Do any other professional sports go pretty much nonstop for nine months a year?
stewie94
2/22/2015 11:49am
extend SX by 1 round & extend MX by 4 rounds , 18 for sx & 16 for MX
wildbill
2/22/2015 12:01pm
By far the greatest gift the nationals give is the ability to watch the pros ride the very same track we race on. I's interesting, and a learning experience how Washougal lines developed after RC and James (and every other fast mofo) moved the dirt compared to our wanna be weekend warrior attempt.
edgo897
2/22/2015 1:29pm
Marianne. No wait, Ginger!
Ing
2/22/2015 1:33pm
MX by a mile. I wouldn't care if I ever watched another SX if they would extend the outdoors a half dozen races.
egoman
2/22/2015 1:46pm
Motocross, super-cross is an interesting diversion at best for the winter. Take the freak show that is super-cross and add more nationals. #3
rohleder644
2/22/2015 1:52pm
Sx is baaarely better than anything else on tv. Truly don't care about it at all. I just don't get it......these amateurs spend their whole childhood honing their craft of motocross racing. They turn pro, and immediately jump in to this foreign form of racing they've spent zero time competing in before (with the exception of a couple races at mini o's). I understand it's the bigger sponsor draw, and that's why sx certainly ain't goin nowhere. But, if it were up to me, I'd do away with it. And take the sx out of the outdoors. And fer chrissakes get sx the hell out of endurocross!
Sunhouse
2/22/2015 1:54pm
Sunhouse wrote:
Motocross is where it is at. Sx is just a moto-fix during snow-season. I really don´t care who wins sx-championships as they to me personally don´t...
Would your opinion, personally, on which series matters more change if the riders said SX is more important? It'll be a little strange if you say...
Would your opinion, personally, on which series matters more change if the riders said SX is more important? It'll be a little strange if you say no, honestly, but don't let that stop you.

I don't really have a preference anymore, sx or mx, because they each have pluses (I'm talking about as motorcycle-racing competitions---I couldn't give much less of a fuck about seating and refreshments). BUT: there's not really anywhere else for MX to go, but if SX ever reaches its potential, look out, yo.
I think many riders think SX matters more, it may have shifted the last few years, but during the last 20 years US SX seems to have been the most important. But I have just never felt that way about it. I have for some reason always thought of MX as the most important and entertaining.
ChrisB10
2/22/2015 1:57pm
The racing is closer in SX but I love outdoor tracks.

Post a reply to: Motocross or Supercross?

The Latest