Motocross of Nations -Racing Discussion Sunday

Related:
Create New Tag

10/7/2018 6:24 AM

Okay, let's get this party started. Weather's not playing ball. Wonder if schedule will be delayed as sounds like fans are struggling to get parked up.
Who do you fancy for B Final?

|

www.robkinsey.com
http://robkinseyart.wordpress.com
Accountant's only look at the bottom line, whereas an Artist see's it all!

10/7/2018 6:27 AM

Boink

|

10/7/2018 6:28 AM

Sounds like it's going to be one hell of a mudder today

|

KX125

10/7/2018 6:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/7/2018 6:35 AM

Coldenhoff is the fastest rider out on the track with a 2:05 right now. So the track is not that much slower compared to yesterday.

|

10/7/2018 6:35 AM

Motofinne wrote:

Coldenhoff is the fastest rider out on the track with a 2:05 right now. So the track is not that much slower compared to yesterday.

Must not be muddy enough to affect the lap times a lot? Only a few seconds off of the fastest lap times from yesterday

|

10/7/2018 6:35 AM

Looks like Herlings and his crew are going to the top step today......

|

10/7/2018 6:36 AM

Motofinne wrote:

3.3 seconds faster than 2nd fastest Herlings. Yikes.

|

10/7/2018 6:38 AM

Motofinne wrote:

agn5009 wrote:

No other riders were pushing, just like always in the warm up sessions. However, i would think that Coldenhoff did push a bit harder since he was that much faster than the rest.

But now we know that the track is fairly similar as yesterday. I was expecting something way worse than that!

|

10/7/2018 6:38 AM

HenryA wrote:

Sounds like it's going to be one hell of a mudder today

It’s too bad. So much talent on display, but the racing could look like squid vs squirrel.

|

10/7/2018 6:39 AM

Motofinne wrote:

agn5009 wrote:

Faaakkk. I feel like we are getting taken over by Dutch pirates! Haha

|

10/7/2018 6:40 AM

agn5009 wrote:

Coldenhoff won warm-up!

|

10/7/2018 6:42 AM

Motofinne wrote:

agn5009 wrote:

Motofinne wrote:

No other riders were pushing, just like always in the warm up sessions. However, i would think that Coldenhoff did push a bit harder since he was that much faster than the rest.

But now we know that the track is fairly similar as yesterday. I was expecting something way worse than that!

Plus there is still the B-Final and plenty of time for track prep... as long as it won't rain anymore track could be alright for the finals then !

|

10/7/2018 6:45 AM

I'm here and tomac looks uncomfortable... hes in that weird mode we've seen before. Not good

|

10/7/2018 6:45 AM

agn5009 wrote:

Motofinne wrote:

slaveO wrote:

Plus there is still the B-Final and plenty of time for track prep... as long as it won't rain anymore track could be alright for the finals then !

Exactly, this could turn out to be good!

|

10/7/2018 6:46 AM

agn5009 wrote:

Motofinne wrote:

slaveO wrote:

I’ve been checking the weather and most sources say chance of rain until about the time they wrap things up today. Bummer, but it will be ok

|

10/7/2018 6:47 AM

|

10/7/2018 6:47 AM

|

10/7/2018 6:48 AM

Motofinne wrote:

slaveO wrote:

observeroffacts wrote:

I’ve been checking the weather and most sources say chance of rain until about the time they wrap things up today. Bummer, but it will be ok

I just checked it . Only a 30% chance between 12-2. Everything else seems clear

|

10/7/2018 6:50 AM

Motofinne wrote:

slaveO wrote:

observeroffacts wrote:

Let's hope for the best. Maybe the rain will avoid the track Weirdest thing is - for Monday I saw they predict 28°C and sunshine... now this would be bitter ...

|

10/7/2018 6:50 AM

Can they hurry up and bulldoze the hump before the leap? I want to see some people hit it.

|

10/7/2018 6:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/7/2018 6:53 AM

Buchanan is just on the south edge of a huge system that will scroll through all day.
If it pushes a bit north, it could be ok.

Or it could rain all day at the track, and be dry in South Bend.

|

10/7/2018 6:56 AM

nagl is on it

|

10/7/2018 6:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/7/2018 6:58 AM

Probable return of Eli Chokmac?

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

10/7/2018 7:02 AM

|

10/7/2018 7:05 AM

Possibly the first NL win in MXoN history today?

Let’s get it on!! ???

|

10/7/2018 7:07 AM

The track conditions favor Herlings and Coldenhoff but Barcia and Plessinger can ride the mud too. All the qualifying and practice sessions don't mean much. What matters are the races. The americans deffinatley are looking as strong as we have hoped with these conditions but the races haven't started yet and a lot can happen in these conditions, to any rider and any team. I am still hopeful team USA pulls it off.

|

10/7/2018 7:09 AM

Aryen wrote:

Possibly the first NL win in MXoN history today?

Let’s get it on!! ???

I have good hopes for team NL. But I'd already be more than happy with an overall podium

|

10/7/2018 7:10 AM

Anyone have a Facebook stream for the b main ?

|

wfoskir wrote:

The track conditions favor Herlings and Coldenhoff but Barcia and Plessinger can ride the mud too. All the qualifying and practice sessions don't mean much. What matters are the races. The americans deffinatley are looking as strong as we have hoped with these conditions but the races haven't started yet and a lot can happen in these conditions, to any rider and any team. I am still hopeful team USA pulls it off.

Right. Nothing is decided.
These conditions can throw up all kinds of random events.

|

"Nothing happens until something moves"

Where did PUR end up finishing yesterday? I was shocked how well TP was running for the first few laps.

|

2016 KTM 500 EXC-F
Current project: 2007 Kawasaki KX250-R7 retro build
Future project: 1987 Kawasaki KX250-E1