Motocross of Nations 2017: official riders list

Related:
Create New Tag

8/29/2017 12:31 PM

jorgechavez wrote:

Listening to the Ironman Racer X podcast it appears Paturel is hurt and I don't think they said it's a sure thing he's out but ...more

That's a good question. If Paturel is hurt I don't know who they'd send. I highly doubt Pourcel would be willing to go. Stephen Rubini or Zach Pachon maybe?

|

8/31/2017 12:43 AM

Team Estonia
25 Priit Rätsep
26 Harri Kullas
27 Tanel Leok

This is Leok's 17th consecutive MXoN, he's been part of the team since 2001. What a beast!
|

8/31/2017 12:50 AM

agn5009 wrote:

That's a good question. If Paturel is hurt I don't know who they'd send. I highly doubt Pourcel would be willing to go. ...more

Hmm, Rubini and Pichon are not good enough (at the moment). I would go for a guy that knows the MX2-bike and did well last season, so I'd go for Mathys Boisramé. He raced 4 EMX races so far and went 1st-2nd-4th-3rd overall.

|

8/31/2017 1:55 AM

jorgechavez wrote:

Listening to the Ironman Racer X podcast it appears Paturel is hurt and I don't think they said it's a sure thing he's out but ...more

I think Paturel should be back, he hasn't broken anything but they kept him in hospital to keep an eye on him. Still a month to go till the event. I think he will be racing

|

9/1/2017 7:41 AM

Youthstream just released the official entry list for the event

MXoN Official Entry List

|

9/1/2017 9:12 AM

DeStouwer wrote: Team Estonia
25 Priit Rätsep
26 Harri Kullas
27 Tanel Leok

This is Leok's 17th consecutive MXoN, he's been part of the team ...more

That's pretty impressive going for Leok. That's not a bad team either the racing is going to be very competitive this year looking at the teams.

|

9/1/2017 10:14 AM

DeStouwer wrote: Team Estonia
25 Priit Rätsep
26 Harri Kullas
27 Tanel Leok

This is Leok's 17th consecutive MXoN, he's been part of the team ...more
Rowlands wrote:

That's pretty impressive going for Leok. That's not a bad team either the racing is going to be very competitive this year ...more

Proud to have a team leader like Leok, guy has been representing our country already for 16 years straight: riding for every manufacturer in the pits exept Vertemati - lots of team changes, postponing several surgeries after long seasons, missing birth of one of his sons and two of his three weddings for riding at MXON!

|

9/1/2017 10:22 AM

Last two statements of my previos post are clearly false, but Leok has often put in his best efforts at MXoN and always represented Estonia well.

|

9/8/2017 2:41 AM

Big surprise at Team France: Christophe Charlier will replace the injured Ferrandis and Paturel. Charlier is a former MXGP-rider, who now rides the Enduro World Championship. He recently won the ISDE.

|

9/8/2017 2:51 AM

DeStouwer wrote:

Big surprise at Team France: Christophe Charlier will replace the injured Ferrandis and Paturel. Charlier is a former ...more

I completely forgot about him, but when DV mentioned him the other day on Twitter, he seemed like a great choice given the circumstances. He will probably have factory equipment and he has won races before at Matterley Basin. He's definitely not as strong a pick as Ferrandis or Paturel. But he's a level above Rubini/Boisrame/Herbreteau or anyone else they could've picked. It keeps them in the hunt for a win as long as Febvre is okay

|

9/8/2017 2:57 AM

DeStouwer wrote:

Big surprise at Team France: Christophe Charlier will replace the injured Ferrandis and Paturel. Charlier is a former ...more

RG1 wrote:

I completely forgot about him, but when DV mentioned him the other day on Twitter, he seemed like a great choice given the ...more

Don't know about that. He was good in MX2 (4th overall in 2013) but in MXGP he always looked way off, even on the factory Husky. Going back on an MX2 and after being out of the scene for over a year, I doubt France will take it home for the 4th consecutive year.

|

9/8/2017 2:58 AM

DeStouwer wrote:

RG1 wrote:

I completely forgot about him, but when DV mentioned him the other day on Twitter, he seemed like a great choice given the ...more

Wasn't Febvre knocked out cold for a full lap? I don't know the details but on his Instagram he mentioned he passed exams to race, which is quick after being concussed not even a week ago.

|

9/8/2017 3:00 AM

Didn't Charlier get 4th in a moto last year in MXGP? Solid pick, especially if it rains.

|

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- Yamaha YZ450F 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

9/8/2017 3:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/8/2017 3:21 AM

DeStouwer wrote:

RG1 wrote:

DeStouwer wrote:

Don't know about that. He was good in MX2 (4th overall in 2013) but in MXGP he always looked way off, even on the factory ...more

He had some flashes in MXGP, but he was always a better 250 rider. I'm sure that he didn't want to go to Enduro, so he will be very motivated to perform not only for the team, but also for himself. They obviously are no longer the clear favourite as they were when the team was first announced, but to me they are still in with a chance of winning. Don't forget that only 4 of the top 10 in points in MX2 will actually be racing MX2 at MXdN. If Febvre and Paulin perform as they usually do, they only need 1 good result from Charlier, and I think he is definitely capable of 1 10-15 result, which could be enough

|

9/8/2017 3:24 AM

Good pick, thinking outside the box. He will be on a good bike.

|

9/8/2017 3:46 AM

I think Charlier is a good pick, he should be atleast as fast as the next guys in line Rubini/Herbreteau/Boisrame if not faster, plus he has way more experience on his side.

|

9/8/2017 4:45 AM

Great pick... France back in it with what is a 6th pick

|

9/8/2017 5:01 AM

I'm surprised Febvre is still racing. Also Paulin took a beating at the USGP. Charlier is a good pick but I just don't see them winning now.

It's going to be an awesome weekend that's for sure

|

9/8/2017 5:47 AM

How is Charlier going to cope not having 3 months to test ??

|

9/10/2017 10:56 PM

From what I can gather I think butron for spain has broken his leg? So that's a probably a no show now.

It seems we have had so many injuries in the last few weeks it's crazy.

|

9/11/2017 12:06 AM

flymoto wrote:

From what I can gather I think butron for spain has broken his leg? So that's a probably a no show now.

It seems we have had ...more

He has an ankle injury since Switzerland. He tried to cope with the pain this weekend, but without success it seems.

|

9/11/2017 12:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/11/2017 12:19 AM

Belgium will have to be replacing Desalle from what i hear....

|

A Year In MX: One Man, One Year, One Sport
All 13 MX races on US soil
http://www.ayearinmx.com

9/11/2017 12:47 AM

ayearinmx wrote:

Oh shit. Riders dropping like flies from favorite teams. USA suddenly looking like favorites.

|

9/11/2017 12:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/11/2017 3:15 AM

ayearinmx wrote:

Probably, yeah. No news from himself yet, but Kawasaki stated his season is over... again. We're lucky Strijbos is getting better the last few weeks.

Edit: word is he hurt his back/hip crashing into the unpadded barriers...

Edit 2: He collided with another rider, that's why he got off track and hit the barriers. He has broken some of his lower vertebrae. Nothing too serious, no operations needed, but season is over ofcourse. Bummer

|

9/11/2017 12:50 AM

ayearinmx wrote:

Finnish_Flash_62 wrote:

Oh shit. Riders dropping like flies from favorite teams. USA suddenly looking like favorites.

I think the Dutch will take their first one ever.

|

9/11/2017 1:53 AM

DeStouwer wrote:

I think the Dutch will take their first one ever.

Me too. Such a pity all these riders are getting injured just before the MXDN wink

|

9/11/2017 8:42 AM

that sucks that desalle is out too. How many guys are actually missing through injury that have had to be replaced? Anyone have some stats? Lol

It opens the door futher for some teams anyway and I'm sure we will still get some great racing!

|

9/11/2017 9:36 AM

flymoto wrote:

that sucks that desalle is out too. How many guys are actually missing through injury that have had to be replaced? Anyone ...more

Kenny, Desalle, Jasikonis, Butron, Ferrandis, Paturel, Bryliakov, Baggett, Anderson
Plus the guys that opted out (Musquin, ET, Hsu, Tixier)
Only the guys that would probably be on their countrys team if they were available.
And I'm probably forgetting a few.

So yeah there are really many riders missing this year

|

9/11/2017 11:00 AM

flymoto wrote:

that sucks that desalle is out too. How many guys are actually missing through injury that have had to be replaced? Anyone ...more

crusty_xx wrote:

Kenny, Desalle, Jasikonis, Butron, Ferrandis, Paturel, Bryliakov, Baggett, Anderson
Plus the guys that opted out (Musquin, ET, ...more

I forgot about a few of them, quite a lot really. I think this could be a very good year for team gb now.

Still think we will have some good battles, get to see Wilson, osbourne and seeley go against the gp guys.

|

9/11/2017 1:05 PM

ayearinmx wrote:

Strijbos has been looking really good lately so I don't see the Belgian team beeing any weaker. Also Strijbos ALWAYS delivers at the MXON.

|