DeStouwer wrote:
Update Team Belgium:

10 Jeremy Van Horebeek
11 Julien Lieber
12 Kevin Strijbos
Great team, top contender.
Aryen
9/12/2017 12:25am
Now it's my turn to enter post number 222, all hail king Tony!!!
keinz
9/12/2017 6:37am
Kulpa wrote:
Last two statements of my previos post are clearly false, but Leok has often put in his best efforts at MXoN and always represented Estonia well.
Pulmadega läks nüüd natsa nässu jahLaughing
But other than that. I see Tanel representing Estonia for the next 3 years or so as well
RG1
9/12/2017 6:51am
flymoto wrote:
that sucks that desalle is out too. How many guys are actually missing through injury that have had to be replaced? Anyone have some stats? Lol...
that sucks that desalle is out too. How many guys are actually missing through injury that have had to be replaced? Anyone have some stats? Lol

It opens the door futher for some teams anyway and I'm sure we will still get some great racing!
crusty_xx wrote:
Kenny, Desalle, Jasikonis, Butron, Ferrandis, Paturel, Bryliakov, Baggett, Anderson Plus the guys that opted out (Musquin, ET, Hsu, Tixier) Only the guys that would probably be...
Kenny, Desalle, Jasikonis, Butron, Ferrandis, Paturel, Bryliakov, Baggett, Anderson
Plus the guys that opted out (Musquin, ET, Hsu, Tixier)
Only the guys that would probably be on their countrys team if they were available.
And I'm probably forgetting a few.

So yeah there are really many riders missing this year
It's a shame that there are so many injured guys, but I don't think it will hurt the event too much, because it has effected all of the top contenders. I remember in 2015 at Ernee there were a lot of guys missing and it really hurt the event because France and the USA had really strong teams and everyone else had problems, so it was just a two horse race.

If you look at this year, France have had injury problems, USA have had problems and so have Belgium, but all of them could still win. Those three nations having problems brings the next group into contention too. Picking a favourite out of France, Belgium, GB, USA, Netherlands is very difficult. Italy and Switzerland could get on the podium too. It could be potentially the closest ever

The Shop

Question
9/12/2017 12:16pm
flymoto wrote:
that sucks that desalle is out too. How many guys are actually missing through injury that have had to be replaced? Anyone have some stats? Lol...
that sucks that desalle is out too. How many guys are actually missing through injury that have had to be replaced? Anyone have some stats? Lol

It opens the door futher for some teams anyway and I'm sure we will still get some great racing!
crusty_xx wrote:
Kenny, Desalle, Jasikonis, Butron, Ferrandis, Paturel, Bryliakov, Baggett, Anderson Plus the guys that opted out (Musquin, ET, Hsu, Tixier) Only the guys that would probably be...
Kenny, Desalle, Jasikonis, Butron, Ferrandis, Paturel, Bryliakov, Baggett, Anderson
Plus the guys that opted out (Musquin, ET, Hsu, Tixier)
Only the guys that would probably be on their countrys team if they were available.
And I'm probably forgetting a few.

So yeah there are really many riders missing this year
RG1 wrote:
It's a shame that there are so many injured guys, but I don't think it will hurt the event too much, because it has effected all...
It's a shame that there are so many injured guys, but I don't think it will hurt the event too much, because it has effected all of the top contenders. I remember in 2015 at Ernee there were a lot of guys missing and it really hurt the event because France and the USA had really strong teams and everyone else had problems, so it was just a two horse race.

If you look at this year, France have had injury problems, USA have had problems and so have Belgium, but all of them could still win. Those three nations having problems brings the next group into contention too. Picking a favourite out of France, Belgium, GB, USA, Netherlands is very difficult. Italy and Switzerland could get on the podium too. It could be potentially the closest ever
I agree with you. Potentially the closest ever. I even think that Australia could join this list if Ferris and Lawrence are in it.

All those 5 and almost 8 teams have at least 2 riders that did at least a few top 5 or top 3 with a good starts this season or the previous one, with a 3rd rider capable of a top 10 too = 7 or 8 teams can score less than 30 points !!!

Racing starts really from the grid number on Saturday. Add 50.000 crazy fans, and that should be an epic weekend !
RG1
9/13/2017 6:38am
Judging by this post on Instagram by Jose Butron, it looks as though Prado will now race the MX2 class for Spain

DeStouwer
9/19/2017 1:24am
RG1 wrote:
Judging by this post on Instagram by Jose Butron, it looks as though Prado will now race the MX2 class for Spain [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/09/13/214463/s1200_Screenshot_20170913_143551.jpg[/img]
Judging by this post on Instagram by Jose Butron, it looks as though Prado will now race the MX2 class for Spain

I saw some Kawasaki-setup in the other thread, I think it wil be Butrón - Fernández - Larrañaga.
RG1
9/19/2017 1:27am Edited Date/Time 9/19/2017 1:30am
RG1 wrote:
Judging by this post on Instagram by Jose Butron, it looks as though Prado will now race the MX2 class for Spain [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/09/13/214463/s1200_Screenshot_20170913_143551.jpg[/img]

DeStouwer wrote:
I saw some Kawasaki-setup in the other thread, I think it wil be Butrón - Fernández - Larrañaga.
Oh okay. What happened to Prado?

Edit: I just checked out the photo you were talking about in the other thread and it has Basaula's name on it. I guess the same company is doing both Spain and Portugal's graphics.
ayearinmx
9/19/2017 2:00am
rumours that Lieber is out, and that vDoninck also injured himself in France... not sure what that means for the Belgians now
RG1
9/19/2017 2:14am
ayearinmx wrote:
rumours that Lieber is out, and that vDoninck also injured himself in France... not sure what that means for the Belgians now
That would massively suck. They're one of the favourites at the minute and that would be a huge blow. Next best MX2 guy for them would be Geerts. I'd be tempted to put JvH on a 250 again and go with Strijbos in MXGP and Graulus in OPEN. That team would probably be no worse than last year
9/19/2017 3:02am
Wow. Lot's of riders dropping like flies the past two months. Sad
struth
9/19/2017 3:18am Edited Date/Time 9/19/2017 3:19am
Tonus looked good this week in mxgp,
V,guillod was terrible,
Any other guys the could replace vg92
RG1
9/19/2017 3:30am
struth wrote:
V,guillod was terrible,
Switzerland don't have anyone better than Guillod who isn't already on the team. He's a better 250 rider and the MX2 class at MXdN will not be that deep. He should be fine
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
9/19/2017 5:08am
struth wrote:
V,guillod was terrible,
Killian auberson would probably be the next best guy but he's dealing with a hand injury as well.
Or Luca Bruggmann.
Both have a hard time qualifying for emx250.
So it makes no sense to replace guillod
DeStouwer
9/19/2017 5:11am
ayearinmx wrote:
RG1 wrote:
That would massively suck. They're one of the favourites at the minute and that would be a huge blow. Next best MX2 guy for them would...
That would massively suck. They're one of the favourites at the minute and that would be a huge blow. Next best MX2 guy for them would be Geerts. I'd be tempted to put JvH on a 250 again and go with Strijbos in MXGP and Graulus in OPEN. That team would probably be no worse than last year
If that's true I'd go with Strijbos - Geerts - Van Horebeek. Van Doninck has been horrible all season anyway, especially his starts.
DeStouwer
9/25/2017 2:37am
Julien Lieber tore his ligaments of his knee in France. At first it seemed not too bad, but now he has to forfait the Nations. Van Doninck will replace him.

Bye bye, podium...
Rowlands
9/25/2017 3:09am
DeStouwer wrote:
Julien Lieber tore his ligaments of his knee in France. At first it seemed not too bad, but now he has to forfait the Nations. Van...
Julien Lieber tore his ligaments of his knee in France. At first it seemed not too bad, but now he has to forfait the Nations. Van Doninck will replace him.

Bye bye, podium...
Damn Belgium have had some terrible luck with there team this year. Gotta be between USA and the Netherlands now IMO
Bidirella
9/25/2017 3:20am
Rowlands wrote:
Damn Belgium have had some terrible luck with there team this year. Gotta be between USA and the Netherlands now IMO
And team GB
RG1
9/25/2017 3:50am Edited Date/Time 9/25/2017 3:56am
DeStouwer wrote:
Julien Lieber tore his ligaments of his knee in France. At first it seemed not too bad, but now he has to forfait the Nations. Van...

Bye bye, podium...
Don't give up yet. Van Donninck has been riding a little bit better the last few rounds and they almost made the podium with him on a 450 last year. His starts have been absolutely terrible though and that's a problem, but he's definitely capable of one good result, which could be enough to get them on the podium. The MX2 class is not that stacked this year so they still have a chance
philG
9/25/2017 4:05am
It doesn't matter how stacked each class is, you have to be beating the other classes too, coming in second in MX2 is no good at all if the if you are 15th and the guy who wins it is in 6th.

This is much better than the 'race within a race' scenario we used to have.

They should drop JVH to MX2 and put Van Donninck on the 450 IMO, they won in Germany off the back of 2 top 10's from the back of the field in MX2 , to the point where even Desalle's DNF in the last race didn't matter.

And a warm glow descends, remembering Ken De Dyker riding like a man possessed in race 3 to win it for them . Unreal stuff.
DeStouwer
9/25/2017 4:22am
RG1 wrote:
Don't give up yet. Van Donninck has been riding a little bit better the last few rounds and they almost made the podium with him on...
Don't give up yet. Van Donninck has been riding a little bit better the last few rounds and they almost made the podium with him on a 450 last year. His starts have been absolutely terrible though and that's a problem, but he's definitely capable of one good result, which could be enough to get them on the podium. The MX2 class is not that stacked this year so they still have a chance
Meh, I disagree. The last (and only) good race he rode was Valkenswaard, where he also had to come from midpack. Add PhilG's statement about 6th and 15th which is also valid. You can't consider each class separate, at least not on Sunday.

But I wouldn't put JVH on the MX2 tough.
RG1
9/25/2017 5:50am
RG1 wrote:
Don't give up yet. Van Donninck has been riding a little bit better the last few rounds and they almost made the podium with him on...
DeStouwer wrote:
Meh, I disagree. The last (and only) good race he rode was Valkenswaard, where he also had to come from midpack. Add PhilG's statement about 6th...
Meh, I disagree. The last (and only) good race he rode was Valkenswaard, where he also had to come from midpack. Add PhilG's statement about 6th and 15th which is also valid. You can't consider each class separate, at least not on Sunday.

But I wouldn't put JVH on the MX2 tough.
He had a good ride in at the USGP, but he's definitely had a tough season. It's not as easy to class each class separately as it used to be. But even if you're second MX2 guy in 15th and the best MX2 guy is in 6th, every team apart from one MX2 guy is still scoring worse than you, which counts for something.

Still, if JvH and Strijbos perform how they can, they can get a podium. It would only need Van Donninck to get one result in the top 15 and that could be enough. He is capable of that.

Post a reply to: Motocross of Nations 2017: official riders list

The Latest