840th
8/21/2017 10:17am
scott_nz wrote:
updated NZ team, Rhys Carter out due to broken Collarbone,

MX1 - Cody Cooper
MX2 - Josiah Natzke
OPen - Hamish Harwood
struth wrote:
What the hell has happened to natzke.... was fighting for emx title few years back with Prado....now can't score a point in mx2
he won a round of the EMX this year and has had some moto wins in the british championship, but the last 2 GP's have been pretty average, he rode well in qualifying at the des nations last year and hopefully will do better in the motos this year,
Yep
8/22/2017 12:02pm
Updates on Tonus, Butron, Lieber, Ferrandis?
8/22/2017 2:24pm
RG1 wrote:
If you go on their Facebook page there's a post on there that says it will be announced this weekend at Gaildorf as Crusty says.
The article tells the same story. "Ullrich and Jacobi are hoping to participate". Pretty strange to me since there's no one else left to be picked

The Shop

RG1
8/22/2017 3:05pm
philG wrote:
Was Romancik the guy that went down hard in Moto 2 at Frauenfeld
Yes he was. He raced at Uddevalla though
RG1
8/22/2017 3:06pm
RG1 wrote:
If you go on their Facebook page there's a post on there that says it will be announced this weekend at Gaildorf as Crusty says.
The article tells the same story. "Ullrich and Jacobi are hoping to participate". Pretty strange to me since there's no one else left to be picked
Oh yes there is Cool
DeStouwer
8/22/2017 11:43pm
RG1 wrote:
RG1 wrote:
Oh yes there is Cool
Roczen getting selected would suprise me. He hasn't raced or even trained properly since February. His race pace is way off, let alone he can catch up for two motos of 35mins.

If he does show up, I call it a stupid decision.
RG1
8/23/2017 12:11am
RG1 wrote:
Oh yes there is Cool
DeStouwer wrote:
Roczen getting selected would suprise me. He hasn't raced or even trained properly since February. His race pace is way off, let alone he can catch...
Roczen getting selected would suprise me. He hasn't raced or even trained properly since February. His race pace is way off, let alone he can catch up for two motos of 35mins.

He doesn't need to be anywhere near 100% in race fitness though to be better than Ullrich or Jacobi. To be honest, I'm not expecting him to be selected, but I think theres a chance he could be. If he wasn't going to be then they could've named the team ages ago. He did promise the German fans that he would race this year and I think he wants to keep that promise. It's a risk, obviously, no one can know how he will do, not even him, but if he is able to race, then it's a gamble I would not hesitate to take if I was team manager
DeStouwer
8/23/2017 12:35am
RG1 wrote:
Oh yes there is Cool
DeStouwer wrote:
Roczen getting selected would suprise me. He hasn't raced or even trained properly since February. His race pace is way off, let alone he can catch...

RG1 wrote:
He doesn't need to be anywhere near 100% in race fitness though to be better than Ullrich or Jacobi. To be honest, I'm not expecting him...
He doesn't need to be anywhere near 100% in race fitness though to be better than Ullrich or Jacobi. To be honest, I'm not expecting him to be selected, but I think theres a chance he could be. If he wasn't going to be then they could've named the team ages ago. He did promise the German fans that he would race this year and I think he wants to keep that promise. It's a risk, obviously, no one can know how he will do, not even him, but if he is able to race, then it's a gamble I would not hesitate to take if I was team manager
It's not the team manager's gamble to take, it's his. And it could damage the rest of his career. Smarter move would be to focus on A1, as SX and Nationals are his main goal the next years.
RG1
8/23/2017 1:12am Edited Date/Time 8/23/2017 1:14am
DeStouwer wrote:

RG1 wrote:
He doesn't need to be anywhere near 100% in race fitness though to be better than Ullrich or Jacobi. To be honest, I'm not expecting him...
DeStouwer wrote:
It's not the team manager's gamble to take, it's his. And it could damage the rest of his career. Smarter move would be to focus on...
It's not the team manager's gamble to take, it's his. And it could damage the rest of his career. Smarter move would be to focus on A1, as SX and Nationals are his main goal the next years.
It's both. Obviously, first and foremost Kenny has to be ready and have clearance from his doctor that he's good to go, if that doesn't happen it's all irrelevant. If his doctor clears him and Kenny says he's good to go, then it's down to the German team manager to take the gamble on picking him.

At the end of the day, Kenny is smart and he has smart people around him. If being there is going to risk his career, he won't be there, simple as that. This forum is full of people with opinions on what Kenny can and can't do after his injury, and so far very few, if any, have been right. Only Kenny and his team know where he's at and what he's capable of, so I don't think any of us are in a position to say that anything would be a stupid decision when we have very little information
DeStouwer
8/23/2017 1:28am
RG1 wrote:
DeStouwer wrote:
It's not the team manager's gamble to take, it's his. And it could damage the rest of his career. Smarter move would be to focus on...
RG1 wrote:
It's both. Obviously, first and foremost Kenny has to be ready and have clearance from his doctor that he's good to go, if that doesn't happen...
It's both. Obviously, first and foremost Kenny has to be ready and have clearance from his doctor that he's good to go, if that doesn't happen it's all irrelevant. If his doctor clears him and Kenny says he's good to go, then it's down to the German team manager to take the gamble on picking him.

At the end of the day, Kenny is smart and he has smart people around him. If being there is going to risk his career, he won't be there, simple as that. This forum is full of people with opinions on what Kenny can and can't do after his injury, and so far very few, if any, have been right. Only Kenny and his team know where he's at and what he's capable of, so I don't think any of us are in a position to say that anything would be a stupid decision when we have very little information
True, but racing the Nations would be rushing to his comeback. At least, that's the way I feel about it. Better take his time to get back to 100%. We'll see.
DeStouwer
8/23/2017 2:17am
Yep wrote:
Updates on Tonus, Butron, Lieber, Ferrandis?
Lieber is fine
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/24/2017 10:41am Edited Date/Time 8/24/2017 11:37am
Official

Team Hungary

Mark Szoke #79 MXGP
Krisztian Tompa #80 MX2
Gabor Firtosvari #81 Open

crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
8/24/2017 10:43am
RG1 wrote:
Oh yes there is Cool
DeStouwer wrote:

He won't be picked.
They already released the 5 guys on the squad.
Nagl, Ullrich, Jacobi, stender brockel.

On Sunday they announce which ones are the 3 riders and which are reserve
RG1
8/24/2017 12:20pm
RG1 wrote:
Oh yes there is Cool
DeStouwer wrote:

crusty_xx wrote:
He won't be picked. They already released the 5 guys on the squad. Nagl, Ullrich, Jacobi, stender brockel. On Sunday they announce which ones are the...
He won't be picked.
They already released the 5 guys on the squad.
Nagl, Ullrich, Jacobi, stender brockel.

On Sunday they announce which ones are the 3 riders and which are reserve
Jacobi is definitely in. He put his helmet decals for the event on his Instagram story earlier
DeStouwer
8/24/2017 10:56pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Official [u]Team Hungary[/u] Mark Szoke #79 MXGP Krisztian Tompa #80 MX2 Gabor Firtosvari #81 Open [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/08/24/211299/s1200_2017_MXDN_Team_Hungary.jpg[/img]
Official

Team Hungary

Mark Szoke #79 MXGP
Krisztian Tompa #80 MX2

Isn't Tompa Romanian? Double nationality perhaps?
Lemon100
8/25/2017 3:08am
If Paturel is out after his crash of yesterday, who can ride the 250 for france ?
Ray_MXS
8/25/2017 4:21am
Team Sweden has still not announced their 3-rider lineup. However they do have announced the 5 riders competing for the spots and they are:

Alvin Östlund
Filip Bengtsson
Fredrik Norén
Ken Bengtsson
Anton Gole

From what I´ve read and heard, Östlund and Norén is basically done unless someone gets injured (Östlund MX2 and Norén MXGP or OPEN). Last spot should go to either Filip Bengtsson or Anton Gole.
Filip Bengtsson has MXoN experience and is a great starter but he´s had a bit of a down season.
Anton Gole is getting better and better and got a TM Factory ride midway through the season (rode a Husky before) but he would have to race the 450 and TM doesnt have a 450 Factory ride. There has been talk that TM Sweden would help him or even Husqvarna Sweden would build him a 450 but it certainly wouldnt be factory level and he wouldnt be used to it. I still expect Gole to be picked but like I said, still no offical word.

Anyone out there have any more info on this?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/25/2017 9:31am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Official [u]Team Hungary[/u] Mark Szoke #79 MXGP Krisztian Tompa #80 MX2 Gabor Firtosvari #81 Open [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/08/24/211299/s1200_2017_MXDN_Team_Hungary.jpg[/img]
Official

Team Hungary

Mark Szoke #79 MXGP
Krisztian Tompa #80 MX2

DeStouwer wrote:
Tompa is from Romania but I believe has been racing in Hungary pretty much since he started riding. I'm not sure if he has dual citizenships or not. Perhaps they're just looking the other way?

Not sure how things like that work. Take Puerto Rico for example, all 3 riders this year are residents on mainland America. Maybe exceptions can be made with the right paperwork.
RG1
8/25/2017 9:53am Edited Date/Time 8/25/2017 9:55am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Official

Team Hungary

Mark Szoke #79 MXGP
Krisztian Tompa #80 MX2

DeStouwer wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Tompa is from Romania but I believe has been racing in Hungary pretty much since he started riding. I'm not sure if he has dual citizenships...
Tompa is from Romania but I believe has been racing in Hungary pretty much since he started riding. I'm not sure if he has dual citizenships or not. Perhaps they're just looking the other way?

Not sure how things like that work. Take Puerto Rico for example, all 3 riders this year are residents on mainland America. Maybe exceptions can be made with the right paperwork.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
8/26/2017 12:06pm Edited Date/Time 8/26/2017 12:09pm
Now it is official.
Well, huge surprise
Motofinne
8/27/2017 6:50am
Kim Savaste crashed today in the Finnish MX2 championship second moto, early reports are suggesting a broken collarbone. So he will probably be out for MXdN.
8/27/2017 7:44am
Motofinne wrote:
Kim Savaste crashed today in the Finnish MX2 championship second moto, early reports are suggesting a broken collarbone. So he will probably be out for MXdN.
Beat me to it. Such a bummer, he just can't catch a brake with the injuries.

No reports on who will replace him, but I would guess it's either Santtu Tiainen or Roni Kytönen.
Ray_MXS
8/28/2017 5:13am
Sweden officially announced their lineup today and the riders will be:

#37 Filip Bengtsson (MX1)
#38 Alvin Östlund (MX2)
#39 Fredrik Norén (OPEN)
Rowlands
8/28/2017 5:29am
Ray_MXS wrote:

#38 Alvin Östlund (MX2)
#39 Fredrik Norén (OPEN)
Reasonable team
Ray_MXS
8/28/2017 6:02am
Ray_MXS wrote:

#38 Alvin Östlund (MX2)
#39 Fredrik Norén (OPEN)
Rowlands wrote:
Reasonable team
Agreed. Its pretty much the best we can send.

Norén is a no-brainer.

Östlund is also an easy one as he has been far better all year than TM Factory rider Anton Gole in MX2 GPs.

Last spot was a bit in the air between Bengtsson and Gole (on a 450) but as Gole wanted to ride the 250s and that spot was already taken so the choice was quite simple.

Bengtsson hasnt been a GP regular this year but he´s been putting in solid rides in the Dutch Championship battling with GP regulars and he has MXoN experience and is a great starter when he´s feeling it.

Top 10 if everyone performs at their best.

Must admit I keep thinking back to 2001 when Sweden was battling for podiums both overall and single motos with Johnny Lindhe on the tank-like Husqvarna leading the way and top 500cc regular Peter Johansson filling in on a 125. Good times Smile
8/28/2017 1:41pm
Listening to the Ironman Racer X podcast it appears Paturel is hurt and I don't think they said it's a sure thing he's out but it might be.. so if this is true I think Pourcel would be a good choice. Whether he'd do it I don't know and whether they'd ask him I also don't know. Is there another French rider that would be a good pick if Paturel is out? I can't think of anyone.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/29/2017 11:04am
Official

Team Slovakia

Tomáš Kohut #
Tomáš Šimko #82 MXGP
Richard Šikyňa #
agn5009
8/29/2017 12:31pm
Listening to the Ironman Racer X podcast it appears Paturel is hurt and I don't think they said it's a sure thing he's out but it...
Listening to the Ironman Racer X podcast it appears Paturel is hurt and I don't think they said it's a sure thing he's out but it might be.. so if this is true I think Pourcel would be a good choice. Whether he'd do it I don't know and whether they'd ask him I also don't know. Is there another French rider that would be a good pick if Paturel is out? I can't think of anyone.
That's a good question. If Paturel is hurt I don't know who they'd send. I highly doubt Pourcel would be willing to go. Stephen Rubini or Zach Pachon maybe?

Post a reply to: Motocross of Nations 2017: official riders list

The Latest