Motocross edit, need opinions.

Shiftyy
7/23/2017 2:59am
so, i was thinking of doing a motocross edit with similiar to this one i did a few months back; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p41l9Up-puw

what do you guys think - is it too flashy?
|
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
2109th
7/23/2017 4:12am
Great, looks professional!
matze
Fantasy
3072nd
7/23/2017 4:45am
for sure it takes some time to cut the scenes right to the music and add some effects. But after all its just stolen footage and most of the videos will most likely get deleted when it gets more popular (for good reasons). So basically you are wasting your time.
Shiftyy
7/23/2017 4:52am
sgrimmxdad wrote:
Great, looks professional!
Thanks! Going to try and have a new edit up next week Smile
Shiftyy
7/23/2017 4:55am
matze wrote:
for sure it takes some time to cut the scenes right to the music and add some effects. But after all its just stolen footage and...
for sure it takes some time to cut the scenes right to the music and add some effects. But after all its just stolen footage and most of the videos will most likely get deleted when it gets more popular (for good reasons). So basically you are wasting your time.
the reason im doing this is, to learn editing, I don't really mind if they get deleted, but i doubt they will be deleted anyway, and i give 100% credit to the footage owners, i dont monetize my videos, as i am trying to learn editing, nothing else

The Shop

matze
Fantasy
3072nd
7/23/2017 5:15am Edited Date/Time 7/23/2017 5:16am
matze wrote:
for sure it takes some time to cut the scenes right to the music and add some effects. But after all its just stolen footage and...
Shiftyy wrote:
the reason im doing this is, to learn editing, I don't really mind if they get deleted, but i doubt they will be deleted anyway, and...
the reason im doing this is, to learn editing, I don't really mind if they get deleted, but i doubt they will be deleted anyway, and i give 100% credit to the footage owners, i dont monetize my videos, as i am trying to learn editing, nothing else
so you want a growing youtube channel right? (regarding to your channel description) you know when you get a video deleted (and/or copyright issues) you can get strikes, 3 strikes and your channel is gone. Its not your work, and even if you dont monetize the videos and give credit and all...the owner can destroy 'your work'. Is this music copyright free? If not, you can get problems with that aswell. (and I cant seem to find credits for the music in your video) yeah you can have luck with that as others on youtube and your videos wont get deleted, but I wouldnt be too proud of editing videos with someone others work. For me, it would be too risky, remember youre putting a lot of time in those videos. If I was planning on doing something like that, I would go to my local track, film my own footage and start from there. Thats where you learn it right from the beginning.
ocscottie
7/23/2017 5:35am
"the reason im doing this is, to learn editing..."

So you post a video published way back on on Apr 12th? I call BS, be honest, you just wanted views.
Shiftyy
7/23/2017 5:42am
matze wrote:
Shiftyy wrote:
the reason im doing this is, to learn editing, I don't really mind if they get deleted, but i doubt they will be deleted anyway, and...
matze wrote:
so you want a growing youtube channel right? (regarding to your channel description) you know when you get a video deleted (and/or copyright issues) you can...
so you want a growing youtube channel right? (regarding to your channel description) you know when you get a video deleted (and/or copyright issues) you can get strikes, 3 strikes and your channel is gone. Its not your work, and even if you dont monetize the videos and give credit and all...the owner can destroy 'your work'. Is this music copyright free? If not, you can get problems with that aswell. (and I cant seem to find credits for the music in your video) yeah you can have luck with that as others on youtube and your videos wont get deleted, but I wouldnt be too proud of editing videos with someone others work. For me, it would be too risky, remember youre putting a lot of time in those videos. If I was planning on doing something like that, I would go to my local track, film my own footage and start from there. Thats where you learn it right from the beginning.
Theres nothing wrong with using copyrighted music, you just can't get any money from the video, if you monetize your videos, the music owner gets the moneys, if I went filming on my local track with my gopro, everyone would start bragging about the quality, the filming equipment costs alot if you want good quality, if someone wants to sponsor me a setup I can for sure go to my local track and film some stuff, I dont really care if my channel grows or not, as long as I e njoy editing the videos.. + on my newer videos i have "There is no copyright infringement intended for this video. If you have an issue with me posting this video please contact me through YouTube private messaging system." on description, so it shouldnt really be a problem Smile + I haven't seen anyones video taken down who has used someone elses footage on a edit, and I can tell you that I've been editing for 6 years, alot of different types (cars, games, supermoto stunt edits etc.)
Shiftyy
7/23/2017 5:44am Edited Date/Time 7/23/2017 5:50am
ocscottie wrote:
[i]"the reason im doing this is, to learn editing..."[/i] So you post a video published way back on on Apr 12th? I call BS, be honest...
"the reason im doing this is, to learn editing..."

So you post a video published way back on on Apr 12th? I call BS, be honest, you just wanted views.
Yes, i posted it because it is my best edit so far in my opinion, and thinking of doing something more that style
7/23/2017 5:50am
Shiftyy wrote:
Theres nothing wrong with using copyrighted music, you just can't get any money from the video, if you monetize your videos, the music owner gets the...
Theres nothing wrong with using copyrighted music, you just can't get any money from the video, if you monetize your videos, the music owner gets the moneys, if I went filming on my local track with my gopro, everyone would start bragging about the quality, the filming equipment costs alot if you want good quality, if someone wants to sponsor me a setup I can for sure go to my local track and film some stuff, I dont really care if my channel grows or not, as long as I e njoy editing the videos.. + on my newer videos i have "There is no copyright infringement intended for this video. If you have an issue with me posting this video please contact me through YouTube private messaging system." on description, so it shouldnt really be a problem Smile + I haven't seen anyones video taken down who has used someone elses footage on a edit, and I can tell you that I've been editing for 6 years, alot of different types (cars, games, supermoto stunt edits etc.)
You've been "editing for six years" and you're still trying to "learn editing"?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
7/23/2017 5:50am Edited Date/Time 7/23/2017 5:52am
Trying to learn editing? Claims he's been doing it for 6 years.

Claims he doesn't really care if his channel grows or not? YouTube About section says Goal for 2017 is 500 subs and 50K views.

I agree with Scottie. This guy's fishing for more views.

Get off the computer and go ride!
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
7/23/2017 5:51am
Shiftyy wrote:
Theres nothing wrong with using copyrighted music, you just can't get any money from the video, if you monetize your videos, the music owner gets the...
Lol check what I just posted.

Much ty.
Shiftyy
7/23/2017 5:53am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Trying to learn editing? Claims he's been doing it for 6 years. Claims he doesn't really care if his channel grows or not? YouTube About section...

Claims he doesn't really care if his channel grows or not? YouTube About section says Goal for 2017 is 500 subs and 50K views.

i had the goal on my description when I still did game editing for teams, left it there, why not. if I cared about views, subs and all that, i'd be spamming all my skype friends, every forum, etc with my videos, the videos wouldn't have only 2 comments lol
Shiftyy
7/23/2017 5:54am Edited Date/Time 7/23/2017 5:55am
Shiftyy wrote:
Yes, i've been editing for 6 years on and off, you do know that game editing is alot different than irl editing? as ive been doing it mostly, heres one if you want to see =] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddCI_doEM9E
7/23/2017 5:57am
I just watched about 45 seconds. I'm pretty sure I sound like a broken record, but I just don't care for music over MX bikes. I gather many of you do because these vids keep getting made.

Maybe what you all should do is start a letter writing campaign to DC and ask him to set up massive banks of speakers all over the track at a future national. They can pipe in some loud, annoying music so no one can hear the bikes. Call it a live-action vid.

Yes, much ty
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
7/23/2017 5:57am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Trying to learn editing? Claims he's been doing it for 6 years. Claims he doesn't really care if his channel grows or not? YouTube About section...

Shiftyy wrote:
i had the goal on my description when I still did game editing for teams, left it there, why not. if I cared about views, subs...
i had the goal on my description when I still did game editing for teams, left it there, why not. if I cared about views, subs and all that, i'd be spamming all my skype friends, every forum, etc with my videos, the videos wouldn't have only 2 comments lol
For the amount of time you spend editing videos you can't be bothered for 2 minutes to update your About section on Youtube?

Makes sense.

7/23/2017 5:59am
Shiftyy wrote:
Yes, i've been editing for 6 years on and off, you do know that game editing is alot different than irl editing? as ive been doing...
Yes, i've been editing for 6 years on and off, you do know that game editing is alot different than irl editing? as ive been doing it mostly, heres one if you want to see =] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddCI_doEM9E
You know, in six years many people walk out of college with a master's degree.

Game editing? Where did that come from? I don't care about games. Who said anything about games?
Shiftyy
7/23/2017 6:00am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Shiftyy wrote:
i had the goal on my description when I still did game editing for teams, left it there, why not. if I cared about views, subs...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
For the amount of time you spend editing videos you can't be bothered for 2 minutes to update your About section on Youtube? Makes sense.
For the amount of time you spend editing videos you can't be bothered for 2 minutes to update your About section on Youtube?

Makes sense.

https://gyazo.com/ace2f8df6472b3b11361d703e7b6e604
im not going to ask anyone to sub or my channel, because i do not really care, but if i get 500 subs, its cool.
matze
Fantasy
3072nd
7/23/2017 6:00am
'I haven't seen anyones video taken down who has used someone elses footage on a edit'
you cant be serious right? https://www.youtube.com/user/441MotoX/featured this guy for example had like 5 stewart crash compilations, only 1 is left. And this was the only channel i subscribed to for this kind of stuff. You sure youre doing this over 6 yrs? lol
Shiftyy
7/23/2017 6:02am
Shiftyy wrote:
Yes, i've been editing for 6 years on and off, you do know that game editing is alot different than irl editing? as ive been doing...
You know, in six years many people walk out of college with a master's degree. Game editing? Where did that come from? I don't care about...
You know, in six years many people walk out of college with a master's degree.

Game editing? Where did that come from? I don't care about games. Who said anything about games?
I edit when i have free time, when its bad weather like today, I have school 8-12h a day every weekday, but now thats its summer holiday i work monday-saturday 8h everyday Smile
+ read before post m8
https://gyazo.com/486190ec31bd4672db718519f6ab4a2f
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
7/23/2017 6:06am
Take a look at his profile. None of his posts since he's signed up have been about anything but edits.

You might like moto but it might be time for you to join a videography/photography forum. Positive you'll find people over there that can help you progress your edits a lot more than a bunch of us on here who have a lot more experience watching videos than making them.
7/23/2017 6:06am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Take a look at his profile. None of his posts since he's signed up have been about anything but edits. You might like moto but it...
Take a look at his profile. None of his posts since he's signed up have been about anything but edits.

You might like moto but it might be time for you to join a videography/photography forum. Positive you'll find people over there that can help you progress your edits a lot more than a bunch of us on here who have a lot more experience watching videos than making them.
Yes, much ty
Shiftyy
7/23/2017 6:08am
matze wrote:
[i]'I haven't seen anyones video taken down who has used someone elses footage on a edit'[/i] you cant be serious right? https://www.youtube.com/user/441MotoX/featured this guy for example...
'I haven't seen anyones video taken down who has used someone elses footage on a edit'
you cant be serious right? https://www.youtube.com/user/441MotoX/featured this guy for example had like 5 stewart crash compilations, only 1 is left. And this was the only channel i subscribed to for this kind of stuff. You sure youre doing this over 6 yrs? lol
you do realize how different the footage is? clearly not.

+ "you know when you get a video deleted (and/or copyright issues) you can get strikes, 3 strikes and your channel is gone." - matze, how does this guy have 4 deleted and channel is still there l o l
Shiftyy
7/23/2017 6:09am Edited Date/Time 7/23/2017 6:10am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Take a look at his profile. None of his posts since he's signed up have been about anything but edits. You might like moto but it...

feel free to link me some forums if you know any, and exactly, I was looking for people that have experience watching, so they could tell me what type of edits they like =))
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
7/23/2017 6:15am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Shiftyy wrote:
feel free to link me some forums if you know any, and exactly, I was looking for people that have experience watching, so they could tell...
feel free to link me some forums if you know any, and exactly, I was looking for people that have experience watching, so they could tell me what type of edits they like =))
matze
Fantasy
3072nd
7/23/2017 6:18am
Shiftyy wrote:
you do realize how different the footage is? clearly not. + "you know when you get a video deleted (and/or copyright issues) you can get strikes...

+ "you know when you get a video deleted (and/or copyright issues) you can get strikes, 3 strikes and your channel is gone." - matze, how does this guy have 4 deleted and channel is still there l o l
'..you can get strikes..' its in the hands of the owner what theyre going to do. Got it now?
Shiftyy
7/23/2017 6:18am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Shiftyy wrote:
feel free to link me some forums if you know any, and exactly, I was looking for people that have experience watching, so they could tell...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
thanks, going to register on one, but i'll be here mostly as im looking for people who have a lot more experience watching videos than making them. Smile
Shiftyy
7/23/2017 6:19am
Shiftyy wrote:
you do realize how different the footage is? clearly not. + "you know when you get a video deleted (and/or copyright issues) you can get strikes...

matze wrote:
'..you can get strikes..' its in the hands of the owner what theyre going to do. Got it now?
yeah, and you understand how different my footage used is compared to that guys' who you linked here?
7/23/2017 6:22am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Shiftyy wrote:
Like I said, I'm not into editing, but I have a friend who is, and he spends a lot of time here.
Shiftyy
7/23/2017 6:25am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Shiftyy wrote:
Like I said, I'm not into editing, but I have a friend who is, and he spends a lot of time here.
nice, what type of edits does he make? =)
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
7/23/2017 6:27am Edited Date/Time 7/23/2017 6:31am
Shiftyy wrote:
Shiftyy wrote:
nice, what type of edits does he make? =)
Click and you'll get all the info you need! Jack's a good guy.

Post a reply to: Motocross edit, need opinions.

The Latest