Motocross bike flies into stands at Ohio fairgrounds leaving 7 injured, officials say

crt32
Edited Date/Time 2/25/2019 8:07pm
https://www.foxnews.com/us/motocross-bike-flies-into-stands-at-ohio-fai…

Seven people were injured, two seriously, after a motocross bike flew into the stands during an event at an Ohio fairgrounds late Saturday, officials said.

The Tallmadge Fire Department said in a Facebook post the incident occurred around 8:42 p.m. at the Summit County Fairgrounds, located outside of Akron.

A total of seven people were injured, four of whom were transported to area hospitals, according to fire officials. The Tallmadge Police Department told FOX8 that of the four transported to the hospitals, two people were seriously injured.

A photo obtained by Cleveland 19 News showed the area where the motorcycle crashed into the stands taped off.

"There was a bike accident and the riders went to the hospital but we are told are ok," Summit County Fair said on Twitter. "A few Spectators we are told had minor injuries."

Summit County Fairgrounds said on Facebook that races continued following the accident.

Fire officials said that incident was "under control," and that the names of the people involved were not being released at the moment.

"Tallmadge Fire would like to thank everyone for their prompt response and recovery in the incident," the agency said.
|
Team MMR
2/25/2019 7:40am
Dont listen to the news because they are idiots and know nothing about the incident. Noone was seriously injured and the accident could happen anywhere. Trust me i was standing right where it happened, know the rider and one of the people injured.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
2/25/2019 7:45am
Brandon finally got up the nerve to give it another go?

The Shop

MPJC
Fantasy
704th
2/25/2019 8:05am
Team MMR wrote:
Dont listen to the news because they are idiots and know nothing about the incident. Noone was seriously injured and the accident could happen anywhere. Trust...
Dont listen to the news because they are idiots and know nothing about the incident. Noone was seriously injured and the accident could happen anywhere. Trust me i was standing right where it happened, know the rider and one of the people injured.
Here where I live there was a motorsports spectacular event with monster trucks, freestyle motocross, and arenacross. When the kids were racing, a 7 year old crashed and went into the stands (where nobody was sitting) and ended up with a cracked collarbone. The media coverage was ridiculous - along with all the people outraged that someone that young was racing a motorcycle. The fact that it was deemed newsworthy struck me as silly, but what was worse was they paid no attention to the fact that since she was wearing proper safety gear, she got away from the crash with only a minor injury. It is, of course, much more fun and lucrative for the media to sensationalize and play to the crowd that is looking for an excuse to be outraged.
Team MMR
2/25/2019 8:09am
Its not a fair race just held at the fairgrounds because of the building.
2/25/2019 8:31am
Team MMR wrote:
So it's a race, on fairgrounds, that isn't a fair race? lmao
RTDRacing
2/25/2019 8:32am
Casting wrote:
[embed]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbHIxXiFAyA[/embed] video from the race

video from the race
Damn you...
2/25/2019 8:49am
Team MMR wrote:
It's in a barn, not on the fairgrounds track.
early
Fantasy
2212th
2/25/2019 9:29am
Team MMR wrote:
The H.Jacks Akron office is only 4 miles from the Summit county fairgrounds, something tells me you aren't really an H.Jacks plumber...
2/25/2019 9:31am Edited Date/Time 2/25/2019 9:35am
Team MMR wrote:
You’re a dumbass.

It’s an indoor event that’s been going on twice a winter for 30 years.

They pull huge numbers of spectators. And they pull pro privateers that abandon a nearby supercross because they can make more money at this event. The pro races are just as exciting as some supercrosses. Very close and the best part is nobody cries on vital when someone makes contact. So yea a fair race! Dipshit.

Media is fuckin retarded too. I’m convinced all their reporting in any circumstance they drum up drama and have no idea wtf they’re talking about.
2/25/2019 9:37am
Yea in a barn too! HELLUVA barn they got there !!! Too bad they gotta tie all the cattle up outside for This race.

Team MMR
2/25/2019 10:03am
Oh man Georgie is fired up and rightfully so. One of our best local events getting bashed on when people are listening to the terrible media reports.

So Hjacks, is the may races held at Red Bud Mx considered a national? or the odd ball races at like Glen Helen? are those all national races since they are on a national track? Didnt think so.
2/25/2019 10:26am
Yea in a barn too! HELLUVA barn they got there !!! Too bad they gotta tie all the cattle up outside for This race. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/02/25/327725/s1200_A82E42C4_8B67_42B8_8CF9_A36DD00C9C2B.jpg[/img]
Yea in a barn too! HELLUVA barn they got there !!! Too bad they gotta tie all the cattle up outside for This race.

Lol. I've been there many times. I wasn't being disrespectful calling it a barn, for the record.
2/25/2019 10:29am Edited Date/Time 2/25/2019 10:31am
Yea in a barn too! HELLUVA barn they got there !!! Too bad they gotta tie all the cattle up outside for This race. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/02/25/327725/s1200_A82E42C4_8B67_42B8_8CF9_A36DD00C9C2B.jpg[/img]

Lol. I've been there many times. I wasn't being disrespectful calling it a barn, for the record.
Well your name is DICK!!!!Woohoo I’m Not really all that fired up about it. just making a point the media made it sound more dramatic. Saying people feared for their safety. Also saying tweets were deleted from the promoter. Inferring covering up the injuries etc....Must be colluding with the Russians or something.
KHI Guy
2/25/2019 4:39pm
I prefer going to that place for the Summit County Gun show. Much safer for the spectators Grinning
RexEasely
2/25/2019 7:26pm
7 people injured or is it a 7 year old crashed? Media get it backwards?
MohMoto14
2/25/2019 7:59pm Edited Date/Time 2/25/2019 8:07pm
Buzzard167 wrote:
par for the course as far as fair races go.
Not for Ohio or at least the AMS races I grew up going to. Tab ran a damn good series and could build a good track in a phone booth. I don't recall anything like that ever happening.

Post a reply to: Motocross bike flies into stands at Ohio fairgrounds leaving 7 injured, officials say

The Latest