Motocross Training with Travis Preston at MotoVentures

MVmoto
Edited Date/Time 1/4/2019 8:45am
For the first time MotoVentures is offering motocross specific training. This course will be taught by MX Pro Travis Preston; former factory racer, AMA Supercross race winner, AMA 125cc West Champion and current test rider for Yamaha Motors and is responsible for developing their off-road and motocross bikes.

This 5-hour course is designed for new motocross riders with their own bikes who are looking to establish sound fundamentals so they can safely and proficiently ride on a motocross track. Travis and his assistant will teach you how to set up and adjust your suspension, how to properly position your body when sitting or standing, how to get the best starts and how to maximize your braking, how to ride a berm turn or flat turn, how to ride a rutted turn or rut filled straightaway, how to tackle various whoop sections, how to pick the best lines to ride, and how to jump singles and doubles.

This course will take place at Cahuilla Creek Motocross track directly across Hwy 371 from the MotoVentures Rider Training Center. Participation is limited to just 15 riders and requires a reservation in advance. Reserve your place today!

Cost: $250 per person (includes track entrance fee).

Date: Saturday January 26, 2019

|
1/3/2019 11:53pm
Damn, I wish I could do this- but a bit far for me. I've always wanted to get some training in order to get more efficient and faster on the bike, plus some set up tips for taller riders on Yamaha's.
MVmoto
1/4/2019 8:45am
Damn, I wish I could do this- but a bit far for me. I've always wanted to get some training in order to get more efficient...
Damn, I wish I could do this- but a bit far for me. I've always wanted to get some training in order to get more efficient and faster on the bike, plus some set up tips for taller riders on Yamaha's.
This is the best time for riding is So Cal, come on down! Travis is a great guy and a great mx coach. Most tall guys think they need taller handlebars or risers, etc. I use Travis as an example. He is 6'4'' and he has learned to adjust his riding position slightly so he doesn't need taller bars etc which throw off the bikes geometry.

Post a reply to: Motocross Training with Travis Preston at MotoVentures

The Latest