Motocross Gold Package w/ Firestick/Roku & SlingTV

MOTO120
Edited Date/Time 5/18/2017 12:09pm
Sorry if this has been asked, I didn't see anything particular about it. We recently "cut the cord" and couldn't happier...spending WAY less time watching TV :-). We have a Roku on 1 TV and a Firestick on another TV in the house. We have Sling TV subscription, obviously running on both sticks. What do I need to do in order get this new Motocross Gold Package? I have access to both an Xfinity login info and Dish login info (family members)...do I need to use one of those in order to download this new app? Sorry, pretty dumb when it comes to technology
|
SEE ARE125
5/18/2017 9:35am Edited Date/Time 5/18/2017 9:43am
Download the NBCSports app on your Roku, then sign in through it. It'll give you a PIN number, go here and log in with your TV provider, which will activate the NBCSports app on your Roku. You can then watch the races through that app, both the ones on NBCSports and the ones on MavTV. If I'm not mistaken, the Gold Package is for those who don't have a tv provider log in. Since you have an Xfinity or Dish log in, you shouldn't need to pay for the Gold Package. Does Sling not have NBCSports? I tried the free trial, but I find I like PlayStation Vue better. It's about $10/mo more($29.99/mo), but I get FS1, FS2, and NBCSports as well as DVR. I can also use my account info to log in to the NBCSports app to catch the motos that are on MavTV.

P.S. That NBCSports app seems to automatically log you out if you don't use it for a while, in which case you'll just need to log back in.
SURFGLOBE
5/18/2017 10:36am
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Download the NBCSports app on your Roku, then sign in through it. It'll give you a PIN number, go [url=http://activate.nbcsports.com]here[/url] and log in with your TV...
Download the NBCSports app on your Roku, then sign in through it. It'll give you a PIN number, go here and log in with your TV provider, which will activate the NBCSports app on your Roku. You can then watch the races through that app, both the ones on NBCSports and the ones on MavTV. If I'm not mistaken, the Gold Package is for those who don't have a tv provider log in. Since you have an Xfinity or Dish log in, you shouldn't need to pay for the Gold Package. Does Sling not have NBCSports? I tried the free trial, but I find I like PlayStation Vue better. It's about $10/mo more($29.99/mo), but I get FS1, FS2, and NBCSports as well as DVR. I can also use my account info to log in to the NBCSports app to catch the motos that are on MavTV.

P.S. That NBCSports app seems to automatically log you out if you don't use it for a while, in which case you'll just need to log back in.
Are you saying that if i already have NBCSports thru my cable provider, i should be able to download the app and get all of the action listed in that Motocross Gold package without paying the $50? The qualifying, Moto1, and Moto2, all live and on demand?
SEE ARE125
5/18/2017 11:02am Edited Date/Time 5/18/2017 11:05am
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Download the NBCSports app on your Roku, then sign in through it. It'll give you a PIN number, go [url=http://activate.nbcsports.com]here[/url] and log in with your TV...

SURFGLOBE wrote:
Are you saying that if i already have NBCSports thru my cable provider, i should be able to download the app and get all of the...
Are you saying that if i already have NBCSports thru my cable provider, i should be able to download the app and get all of the action listed in that Motocross Gold package without paying the $50? The qualifying, Moto1, and Moto2, all live and on demand?
Yes, that's how it's worked for me the past 2 years since I cut the cord. The first year I used my parents Xfinity log in on the NBCSports app, and last year I used my PlayStation Vue credentials since Vue doesn't have MavTV. Even when some motos were delayed an hour or two on MavTV, I was able to watch them live through the app. Now whether they've changed it this year to make people purchase the Gold Package I don't know, but I don't think they would make people who already have it as part of their TV subscription pay for it again. The Gold Package just looks to be for those who don't have TV provider credentials(and it's actually a pretty fair deal for $50).

EDIT: Just saw where you mentioned qualifying, I wasn't able to see qualifying, just both 250 and 450 motos live and later that day or Sunday they would become available On Demand. Also, some races had ads and some didn't, I think the Gold Package is entirely ad free.
motokawi818
5/18/2017 11:05am
So I'm not seeing anything on the schedule for ama motocross on my app?

The Shop

RandyS
5/18/2017 11:05am
You have to pay, it's not on the regular NBCSports app anymore.
TXDirt
5/18/2017 11:09am
So much misinformation being posted.

You need to download the NBC Sports Gold app. That is the only app you can watch the races on. You must purchase the motocross package for 49.99.

The NBC Sports app will no longer be streaming the races. Yes, they did last year and you would login using your TV Provider credentials.

That won't work this year.

NBC Sports app and NBC Sports Gold app are two different apps.

You need to use the NBC Sports Gold app and purchase the motocross package for 49.99. This will get you ALL motos live and commercial free.
5/18/2017 11:15am
I don't care about paying the $50 but I don't want to watch the races on my computer, I want to watch them on my TV... do I need to connect the computer to the tv or is there a way to watch races thru dish network or a Sony blu ray player with apps?
TXDirt
5/18/2017 11:18am
Moparmotel wrote:
I don't care about paying the $50 but I don't want to watch the races on my computer, I want to watch them on my TV...
I don't care about paying the $50 but I don't want to watch the races on my computer, I want to watch them on my TV... do I need to connect the computer to the tv or is there a way to watch races thru dish network or a Sony blu ray player with apps?
These are the devices supported according to the NBC Sports Gold Website

Amazon Fire TV
Apple TV (Gen 4)
Chromecast
iOS
Android
NBCSportsGold.com

I use an Amazon Fire TV box connected to my TV with an HDMI cable and love it.
spd721
5/18/2017 11:42am
So even if you pay for NBC Sports via your cable provider, you can't watch the race live on the NBC Sports app like you could last year?
RandyS
5/18/2017 11:51am
spd721 wrote:
So even if you pay for NBC Sports via your cable provider, you can't watch the race live on the NBC Sports app like you could...
So even if you pay for NBC Sports via your cable provider, you can't watch the race live on the NBC Sports app like you could last year?
Isn't that exciting news.
TXDirt
5/18/2017 11:53am
spd721 wrote:
So even if you pay for NBC Sports via your cable provider, you can't watch the race live on the NBC Sports app like you could...
Correct. You can't watch it anymore on the NBC Sports App using your cable provider credentials.

It will still be televised live on TV. First motos will be on MavTV and second motos on NBC Sports channel.

As far as apps go or viewing online. They only way is through the NBC Sports GOLD app or NBC Sports Gold website with a paid subscription to the motocross package for 49.99.
spd721
5/18/2017 11:56am
spd721 wrote:
TXDirt wrote:
Correct. You can't watch it anymore on the NBC Sports App using your cable provider credentials. It will still be televised live on TV. First motos...
Correct. You can't watch it anymore on the NBC Sports App using your cable provider credentials.

It will still be televised live on TV. First motos will be on MavTV and second motos on NBC Sports channel.

As far as apps go or viewing online. They only way is through the NBC Sports GOLD app or NBC Sports Gold website with a paid subscription to the motocross package for 49.99.
That sucks since I only have a roku. I have no issues paying for it but not when I can't only watch it on my phone or tablet.
SEE ARE125
5/18/2017 12:09pm Edited Date/Time 5/18/2017 12:23pm
spd721 wrote:
TXDirt wrote:
Correct. You can't watch it anymore on the NBC Sports App using your cable provider credentials. It will still be televised live on TV. First motos...

spd721 wrote:
That sucks since I only have a roku. I have no issues paying for it but not when I can't only watch it on my phone...
That sucks since I only have a roku. I have no issues paying for it but not when I can't only watch it on my phone or tablet.
Roku has NBCSports Gold, but it's not going to have the races per the other "NBC Sports promo code" thread on here. LMAO. Pay for NBC Sports in your TV package which "includes the ability to stream anywhere via the NBC Sports app." Oh wait, you want to watch THOSE shows? You'll have to pay us AGAIN for our Gold package. I bet next year there's a Platinum package and the races are $79. lol No thanks. Not paying the crooks at NBC twice.
jl0822
5/18/2017 12:26pm
if i sign up, and download the gold app for my phone, mac, and firestick,
will i be able to log in to all devices or is it subject to just one device?
TXDirt
5/18/2017 12:28pm
jl0822 wrote:
if i sign up, and download the gold app for my phone, mac, and firestick, will i be able to log in to all devices or...
if i sign up, and download the gold app for my phone, mac, and firestick,
will i be able to log in to all devices or is it subject to just one device?
You could use all of those.
TXDirt
5/18/2017 12:30pm
spd721 wrote:
TXDirt wrote:

spd721 wrote:
That sucks since I only have a roku. I have no issues paying for it but not when I can't only watch it on my phone...
Roku would be considered Android I believe so you could use it. From what I have heard the experience on Roku leaves a lot to be desired for.

The best streaming device is the Amazon Fire TV box in my opinion. I've tried them all. That's the one I prefer. I cut the cord about a year ago so I use the Play Station VUE app on my Fire TV box for all my live TV needs.
SURFGLOBE
5/18/2017 1:24pm
TXDirt wrote:
So much misinformation being posted. You need to download the NBC Sports Gold app. That is the only app you can watch the races on. You...
So much misinformation being posted.

You need to download the NBC Sports Gold app. That is the only app you can watch the races on. You must purchase the motocross package for 49.99.

The NBC Sports app will no longer be streaming the races. Yes, they did last year and you would login using your TV Provider credentials.

That won't work this year.

NBC Sports app and NBC Sports Gold app are two different apps.

You need to use the NBC Sports Gold app and purchase the motocross package for 49.99. This will get you ALL motos live and commercial free.
Thank you for the info.

Post a reply to: Motocross Gold Package w/ Firestick/Roku & SlingTV

The Latest