Motocross Gear Stolen, Help please?

JamieUK1
Posts
31
Joined
9/11/2022
Location
GB
9/11/2022 8:45pm Edited Date/Time 9/12/2022 10:58am
Hi everyone,



I'm new to the forum as a member however I've always came here to read on the forums about new products, bike reviews and help to fix problems, However this problem is a hard one to fix at the moment, Some dirty thieves tried to steal my YZ250F 2008 bike but luckily were unsuccessful however they did take my gear bag with all my motocross gear, Helmet, boots, suit and some track tools, if anyone has any used stuff they don't need anymore in XXL I can help with shipping, I did have a gofundmepage but everyone thought it was a scam so I've taken that down now to save hassle, Hope you are all riding smart and safe,

KINDEST REGARDS



JAMIE
14
|
JamieUK1
Posts
31
Joined
9/11/2022
Location
GB
9/11/2022 8:52pm
Its so crazy here, Kids stealing bikes everyday, Driving on footpaths knocking people down and robbing people, so scary!
mxb2
Posts
20331
Joined
6/15/2010
Location
Bowie, MD US
9/11/2022 9:13pm
JamieUK1 wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum as a member however I've always came here to read on the forums about new products, bike reviews and...
Hi everyone,



I'm new to the forum as a member however I've always came here to read on the forums about new products, bike reviews and help to fix problems, However this problem is a hard one to fix at the moment, Some dirty thieves tried to steal my YZ250F 2008 bike but luckily were unsuccessful however they did take my gear bag with all my motocross gear, Helmet, boots, suit and some track tools, if anyone has any used stuff they don't need anymore in XXL I can help with shipping, I did have a gofundmepage but everyone thought it was a scam so I've taken that down now to save hassle, Hope you are all riding smart and safe,

KINDEST REGARDS



JAMIE
Depends where you live. Homeowners, renters will cover the loss. If not. Many websites have closeout deals, or. Check websites for used stuff.
cmotodad
Posts
685
Joined
12/18/2013
Location
Yorba Linda, CA US
9/11/2022 9:15pm
Maybe post some sizes for helmet, gear and boots. Anyone local to you might be able to help out. Most of us have some gear we have moved on from and can donate your way.
Good Luck
JamieUK1
Posts
31
Joined
9/11/2022
Location
GB
9/11/2022 9:16pm
JamieUK1 wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum as a member however I've always came here to read on the forums about new products, bike reviews and...
Hi everyone,



I'm new to the forum as a member however I've always came here to read on the forums about new products, bike reviews and help to fix problems, However this problem is a hard one to fix at the moment, Some dirty thieves tried to steal my YZ250F 2008 bike but luckily were unsuccessful however they did take my gear bag with all my motocross gear, Helmet, boots, suit and some track tools, if anyone has any used stuff they don't need anymore in XXL I can help with shipping, I did have a gofundmepage but everyone thought it was a scam so I've taken that down now to save hassle, Hope you are all riding smart and safe,

KINDEST REGARDS



JAMIE
mxb2 wrote:
Depends where you live. Homeowners, renters will cover the loss. If not. Many websites have closeout deals, or. Check websites for used stuff.
I live in Scotland, UK, We don't have anything like this, Only hope would be the police finding my stuff but due to the number of motorcycle related thefts in Edinburgh it's almost impossible to get anything back.
1

The Shop

JamieUK1
Posts
31
Joined
9/11/2022
Location
GB
9/11/2022 9:18pm Edited Date/Time 9/11/2022 9:19pm
cmotodad wrote:
Maybe post some sizes for helmet, gear and boots. Anyone local to you might be able to help out. Most of us have some gear we...
Maybe post some sizes for helmet, gear and boots. Anyone local to you might be able to help out. Most of us have some gear we have moved on from and can donate your way.
Good Luck
XXL Helmet, XXL Top and Trousers, Size 12/13 UK boots, Im a big guy 6 ft 4 and 180lbs lol but may be hard as im in UK and most people on here are US 🇺🇸
mxb2
Posts
20331
Joined
6/15/2010
Location
Bowie, MD US
9/11/2022 9:18pm
JamieUK1 wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum as a member however I've always came here to read on the forums about new products, bike reviews and...
Hi everyone,



I'm new to the forum as a member however I've always came here to read on the forums about new products, bike reviews and help to fix problems, However this problem is a hard one to fix at the moment, Some dirty thieves tried to steal my YZ250F 2008 bike but luckily were unsuccessful however they did take my gear bag with all my motocross gear, Helmet, boots, suit and some track tools, if anyone has any used stuff they don't need anymore in XXL I can help with shipping, I did have a gofundmepage but everyone thought it was a scam so I've taken that down now to save hassle, Hope you are all riding smart and safe,

KINDEST REGARDS



JAMIE
mxb2 wrote:
Depends where you live. Homeowners, renters will cover the loss. If not. Many websites have closeout deals, or. Check websites for used stuff.
JamieUK1 wrote:
I live in Scotland, UK, We don't have anything like this, Only hope would be the police finding my stuff but due to the number of...
I live in Scotland, UK, We don't have anything like this, Only hope would be the police finding my stuff but due to the number of motorcycle related thefts in Edinburgh it's almost impossible to get anything back.
Yea. Thieves. Suck. Hopefully karma. To them. Like the other poster said post some sizes. Maybe. Someone local can help you. .
JamieUK1
Posts
31
Joined
9/11/2022
Location
GB
9/11/2022 9:21pm
mxb2 wrote:
Depends where you live. Homeowners, renters will cover the loss. If not. Many websites have closeout deals, or. Check websites for used stuff.
JamieUK1 wrote:
I live in Scotland, UK, We don't have anything like this, Only hope would be the police finding my stuff but due to the number of...
I live in Scotland, UK, We don't have anything like this, Only hope would be the police finding my stuff but due to the number of motorcycle related thefts in Edinburgh it's almost impossible to get anything back.
mxb2 wrote:
Yea. Thieves. Suck. Hopefully karma. To them. Like the other poster said post some sizes. Maybe. Someone local can help you. .
Thanks everyone for your suggestions and help, Yeah I'm like XXL UK size for top and bottoms, UK size 12/13 for boots and helmet is XXL.
2
JamieUK1
Posts
31
Joined
9/11/2022
Location
GB
9/11/2022 9:29pm
So if USA and other countries helps me I think I need $348 do you think this is achievable? This gets me a New helmet and used motocross boots and suit, I've tried UK forums but for some reason they're not as helpful as others, I suppose everyone in the world is on a tight budget with everything going on in the world.
12
nytsmaC
Posts
5721
Joined
8/10/2009
Location
Frig Off CA
9/12/2022 2:10am
Where do you find XXL trousers?
4
JamieUK1
Posts
31
Joined
9/11/2022
Location
GB
9/12/2022 2:14am
nytsmaC wrote:
Where do you find XXL trousers?
I'd probably just go to ebay or look for a second hand pair somewhere, Its only cause I'm 6ft 4 180 lbs lol but right now I don't care id wear motocross trousers with holes in them
1
JamieUK1
Posts
31
Joined
9/11/2022
Location
GB
9/12/2022 2:17am
nytsmaC wrote:
Where do you find XXL trousers?
I also note you live in canada/Frig off lol is that a Canadian saying or from trailer park Boys? Love that show.
1
1
cwel11
Posts
1037
Joined
12/4/2019
Location
Orangeville, PA US
9/12/2022 2:31am
Feel bad you got your stuff stolen. Thieves suck for sure but to be honest man, your first post here and you’re asking for handouts? Kinda weird
9
JamieUK1
Posts
31
Joined
9/11/2022
Location
GB
9/12/2022 2:36am
cwel11 wrote:
Feel bad you got your stuff stolen. Thieves suck for sure but to be honest man, your first post here and you’re asking for handouts? Kinda...
Feel bad you got your stuff stolen. Thieves suck for sure but to be honest man, your first post here and you’re asking for handouts? Kinda weird
I've always browsed these forums when I've needed advice or to see whats the latest news, I just thought its the best way to reach out to people who enjoy the sport like I do as a rider, Most people frown upon dirtbike as kids caused so much trouble here in Scotland, So I thought I'd be able to reach out the the wider motorcycle community via the forums, Theres no ill intentions here I just simply cannot afford anything at all, I literally have £30 GBP until the 23rd of this month.
2
1
9/12/2022 2:41am
I don’t want to sound that I don’t believe you but motocross pants/trousers are pant sizes not sized xxl. And you just made a account just to ask for people to send 348 euros ? Just seems bit strange to me. You say you just lost your job ? Do they have employment offices over there where they help find you new job like over here ? Best of luck getting gear but maybe should try finding a job first
8
crowe660
Posts
1796
Joined
8/15/2020
Location
US
9/12/2022 2:46am
I have xxl stuff and boots. Post your address and I’ll send you new stuff.
2
2
JamieUK1
Posts
31
Joined
9/11/2022
Location
GB
9/12/2022 2:48am
I don’t want to sound that I don’t believe you but motocross pants/trousers are pant sizes not sized xxl. And you just made a account just...
I don’t want to sound that I don’t believe you but motocross pants/trousers are pant sizes not sized xxl. And you just made a account just to ask for people to send 348 euros ? Just seems bit strange to me. You say you just lost your job ? Do they have employment offices over there where they help find you new job like over here ? Best of luck getting gear but maybe should try finding a job first
Hi Caviar,

The motocross pants I got were from Ebay UK and thats how the size was described when ordering, I didn't make an account just to ask for £348 I just thought I'd add my gofundme page to the forum and see if anyone can donate anything they can to help, Yeah I did lose my job as the company folded, We have a jobcentre that pays little money monthly but in my professional career there isn't many vacancies, I'm looking and applying everyday but with no luck so far, I agree with you saying get a job first which I am trying but not being able to go out on my bike at weekends is so bad, Its my only hobby and I've always felt free when I ride.
1
JamieUK1
Posts
31
Joined
9/11/2022
Location
GB
9/12/2022 2:48am Edited Date/Time 9/12/2022 2:50am
crowe660 wrote:
I have xxl stuff and boots. Post your address and I’ll send you new stuff.
Are you being serious? No way dude really? I wouldn't even need the gofundme page, I'm in the UK though is that a problem for postage? I can try help with that if your serious.
1
ezmarok
Posts
14
Joined
9/8/2022
Location
GB
9/12/2022 2:57am
Genuinely sucks to have your gear stolen mate, there’s always been scum bags out there and unfortunately always will.

But maybe just consider that gofundme is typically utilised by this industry in relation to guys who have suffered life changing injuries or kids that have had bikes stolen. Not to mention the countless pages of children with cancer who might need funding for some radical treatment for a chance to survive.

Personally, I’m just seeing an adult male who no longer has his trousers, top & helmet to do an expensive hobby. Genuinely, it’s unfair. But at least your bike’s still there. Suck it up, and maybe double down on your security to keep the bastards out
1
sandman768
Posts
4567
Joined
3/21/2014
Location
Saratoga Springs, NY US
9/12/2022 3:00am
What’s worse…having your trousers stolen or begging for money? I smell a scam…..
5

Pit Row

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
JamieUK1
Posts
31
Joined
9/11/2022
Location
GB
9/12/2022 3:02am
ezmarok wrote:
Genuinely sucks to have your gear stolen mate, there’s always been scum bags out there and unfortunately always will. But maybe just consider that gofundme is...
Genuinely sucks to have your gear stolen mate, there’s always been scum bags out there and unfortunately always will.

But maybe just consider that gofundme is typically utilised by this industry in relation to guys who have suffered life changing injuries or kids that have had bikes stolen. Not to mention the countless pages of children with cancer who might need funding for some radical treatment for a chance to survive.

Personally, I’m just seeing an adult male who no longer has his trousers, top & helmet to do an expensive hobby. Genuinely, it’s unfair. But at least your bike’s still there. Suck it up, and maybe double down on your security to keep the bastards out
I totally agree about the gofundme as I've donated money there myself for charities and disasters, I opened the page as a personal matter under sport for this reason, I did double down on security but these shits stop at no length, I have bike anchored into concrete on a big chain but they cut that and then tried to push the bike not knowing it had 2 disc brake locks on it, otherwise it would have been gone, Its not a major issue like you say compared to others in the world, I just tried for help but I think Crowe660 has some used stuff that may be of use, I now have my bike inside my house because I'm sure they will be back to try again, Thanks though mate, Appreciate it.
1
JamieUK1
Posts
31
Joined
9/11/2022
Location
GB
9/12/2022 3:05am
sandman768 wrote:
What’s worse…having your trousers stolen or begging for money? I smell a scam…..
I can see your thinking but I don't even need money, People are reaching out to help me with their old used stuff which is even better in my eyes, people actually willing to give me their equipment that they may not use, I can close the gofundme no problem, its not about the money, As I said I'd drive around with an old smelly helmet and holes in boots if I need too, no scam at all, I would never attempt that whatsoever im just an honest guy looking for some help while im in a rut (excuse the pun)
3
1
Big_dawg
Posts
35
Joined
11/29/2018
Location
FM US
9/12/2022 4:14am
Sorry for stealing your stuff. I just wanted to clean your boots!
6
2
clarkgray432
Posts
566
Joined
12/30/2021
Location
Lake Elsinore, CA US
9/12/2022 5:53am
JamieUK1 wrote:
I can see your thinking but I don't even need money, People are reaching out to help me with their old used stuff which is even...
I can see your thinking but I don't even need money, People are reaching out to help me with their old used stuff which is even better in my eyes, people actually willing to give me their equipment that they may not use, I can close the gofundme no problem, its not about the money, As I said I'd drive around with an old smelly helmet and holes in boots if I need too, no scam at all, I would never attempt that whatsoever im just an honest guy looking for some help while im in a rut (excuse the pun)
Then why even set up the gofundme? Just ask for some XXL moto trousers. Whatever those are.
1
Spooner
Posts
1615
Joined
1/8/2011
Location
Kansas City, MO US
9/12/2022 5:54am
If you can't afford a couple hundred bucks for gear then you probably should not be riding right now. Sounds like you can't afford to get hurt and be off work either.
5
mxb2
Posts
20331
Joined
6/15/2010
Location
Bowie, MD US
9/12/2022 6:45am
Spooner wrote:
If you can't afford a couple hundred bucks for gear then you probably should not be riding right now. Sounds like you can't afford to get...
If you can't afford a couple hundred bucks for gear then you probably should not be riding right now. Sounds like you can't afford to get hurt and be off work either.
Thats the correct answer,. No job no insurance. No riding.
3
JamieUK1
Posts
31
Joined
9/11/2022
Location
GB
9/12/2022 6:49am
Big_dawg wrote:
Sorry for stealing your stuff. I just wanted to clean your boots!
Karma is real. Why make a joke about this? Its a bit unfair.
6
JamieUK1
Posts
31
Joined
9/11/2022
Location
GB
9/12/2022 6:50am
Spooner wrote:
If you can't afford a couple hundred bucks for gear then you probably should not be riding right now. Sounds like you can't afford to get...
If you can't afford a couple hundred bucks for gear then you probably should not be riding right now. Sounds like you can't afford to get hurt and be off work either.
mxb2 wrote:
Thats the correct answer,. No job no insurance. No riding.
I dont insure the bike, Its for offroad use only.
4
JamieUK1
Posts
31
Joined
9/11/2022
Location
GB
9/12/2022 6:52am
I shouldn't have even bothered asking for help, I thought it was meant to be a community and riders look out for each other, ive always looked out for anyone on and off track my whole life, Everyone needs a little help sometimes. Thanks anyway guys.
1
4
Searights
Posts
324
Joined
8/26/2022
Location
Temecula, CA US
9/12/2022 7:03am
Jamie, it does sound a little bit suspect. Not saying it is, just letting you know how it can be perceived. I noticed you never posted your address. Any reason not to? Especially if a member graciously offered to send you some gear free of charge? Either way, good luck!
1

Post a reply to: Motocross Gear Stolen, Help please?

The Latest

The Latest