846th
10/31/2018 8:47am
sumdood wrote:
Pic #318 is badass !
mattyhamz2 wrote:
That one isn't him lol. He's on the last couple pages
sumdood wrote:
LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing okay then nevermind hahaha,
Haha! He's the one in grey JT gear making his RMZ450 look like an RM85 LaughingLaughing
mx317
10/31/2018 8:51am

This is from REM back in 2012. Jody shot this and I was in the coverage., Does that make me an insider even if I've only been there once? I do want to go back for sure!
JWACK
10/31/2018 8:52am
If you cartwheel down one of the hills your guaranteed to be featured.! You don't always have to be the winner.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/31/2018 9:18am
mx317 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/10/31/299452/s1200_rem4.jpg[/img] This is from REM back in 2012. Jody shot this and I was in the coverage., Does that make me an insider even if I've...

This is from REM back in 2012. Jody shot this and I was in the coverage., Does that make me an insider even if I've only been there once? I do want to go back for sure!
Should have been a little more open about it. Mostly cover their buddies. Almost every time I read it, there are pictures of their buddies and test riders and occasionally someone more "normal" in there.

Great picture by the way. What class do you race?

The Shop

mx317
10/31/2018 12:26pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Should have been a little more open about it. Mostly cover their buddies. Almost every time I read it, there are pictures of their buddies and...
Should have been a little more open about it. Mostly cover their buddies. Almost every time I read it, there are pictures of their buddies and test riders and occasionally someone more "normal" in there.

I got smoked in the +50 Intermediate lol
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/31/2018 12:30pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Should have been a little more open about it. Mostly cover their buddies. Almost every time I read it, there are pictures of their buddies and...

mx317 wrote:
I got smoked in the +50 Intermediate lol
Lol. I know there are some fast guys there and guys that can go really fast there! I've got another two years before I'll race REM.
Eddieg15
10/31/2018 6:40pm
jjavaman wrote:
I was just thinking there hasn’t been a MXA bitch thread in a week and here it is...
Yep here we go again wy wy wy
Sully
10/31/2018 8:55pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
There were a few of him on there! Thanks again Bill!
sumdood wrote:
Good deal ! What # is he ?
mattyhamz2 wrote:
#20 on an rmz
Is he 8 feet tall? He looks huge on that bike.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/31/2018 8:59pm
sumdood wrote:
Good deal ! What # is he ?
mattyhamz2 wrote:
#20 on an rmz
Sully wrote:
Is he 8 feet tall? He looks huge on that bike.
LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing he’s 6’3
omalley
11/1/2018 1:25am
omalley wrote:
1) attend a statistics class 2) learn things about how statistics can be misleading, including a key statistics slogan: “Correlation does not prove causation”. 3) report...
1) attend a statistics class
2) learn things about how statistics can be misleading, including a key statistics slogan:
“Correlation does not prove causation”.
3) report back.
kiwifan wrote:
lol so you think what they do is perfectly fine, thanks for your input Smile
While you are there, take “reading comprehension 101”...you need it.

Nowhere did I say what they do is fine. The point was that your statistical observation is so scientifically flawed that even the political pollsters would find it insufficient...
kiwifan
11/1/2018 10:41am
omalley wrote:
1) attend a statistics class 2) learn things about how statistics can be misleading, including a key statistics slogan: “Correlation does not prove causation”. 3) report...
1) attend a statistics class
2) learn things about how statistics can be misleading, including a key statistics slogan:
“Correlation does not prove causation”.
3) report back.
kiwifan wrote:
omalley wrote:
While you are there, take “reading comprehension 101”...you need it. Nowhere did I say what they do is fine. The point was that your statistical observation...

Nowhere did I say what they do is fine. The point was that your statistical observation is so scientifically flawed that even the political pollsters would find it insufficient...
So questioning the statistics quite rightly lead me to assume you did not have an issue with their reporting, so thanks for clearing that up, you could of done that from the start

1. Why is it scientifically flawed?
2. the brand statistics came from their report
3. the number of photos came from their report.
4. please report back and enlighten me
plynn41
11/1/2018 12:59pm
kiwifan wrote:
omalley wrote:
While you are there, take “reading comprehension 101”...you need it. Nowhere did I say what they do is fine. The point was that your statistical observation...

kiwifan wrote:
So questioning the statistics quite rightly lead me to assume you did not have an issue with their reporting, so thanks for clearing that up, you...
So questioning the statistics quite rightly lead me to assume you did not have an issue with their reporting, so thanks for clearing that up, you could of done that from the start

The simple fact that you went to this trouble says a lot about you my mx friend.
kiwifan
11/1/2018 3:33pm
omalley wrote:

kiwifan wrote:
So questioning the statistics quite rightly lead me to assume you did not have an issue with their reporting, so thanks for clearing that up, you...

plynn41 wrote:
The simple fact that you went to this trouble says a lot about you my mx friend.
Really? and what does it say about me?
Motoxdoc
11/1/2018 4:00pm
kiwifan wrote:
So in the latest REM report [url=https://motocrossactionmag.com/rem-glen-helen-octobercross-a-canadian-brazilian-and-brit-walk-into-a-bar/]REM Report[/url] lets break down the photos by brand, bearing in mind the following most popular brand information at the...
So in the latest REM report REM Report lets break down the photos by brand, bearing in mind the following most popular brand information at the race:

1. KTM…33%
2. Honda…23%
3. Yamaha…22%
4. Kawasaki…12%
5. Husqvarna…6%
6. Suzuki…2%
5. TM…2%

Photos wise there were:

KTM bike only - 11
Yamaha bike only - 3
Husky bike only - 1
Kawasaki bike only - 0
Honda bike only - 0
Suzuki bike only - 0
TM bike only - 0
Multiple bikes with a KTM or Husky leading - 6
Multiple bikes with a non-KTM or Husky leading - 3

So a 33% brand representation equals over 70% brand representation in photos...makes sense (heavy sarcasm). Is this good journalism?
I forgot to look....what did all the other media rags write about the local moto scene last weekend? (heavy sarcasm). Since MXA is the ONLY one that does weekly race reports...for free, this is not "good journalism".....IT'S FUCKING GREAT JOURNALISM!"
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
11/1/2018 4:01pm
kiwifan wrote:
So in the latest REM report [url=https://motocrossactionmag.com/rem-glen-helen-octobercross-a-canadian-brazilian-and-brit-walk-into-a-bar/]REM Report[/url] lets break down the photos by brand, bearing in mind the following most popular brand information at the...
So in the latest REM report REM Report lets break down the photos by brand, bearing in mind the following most popular brand information at the race:

1. KTM…33%
2. Honda…23%
3. Yamaha…22%
4. Kawasaki…12%
5. Husqvarna…6%
6. Suzuki…2%
5. TM…2%

Photos wise there were:

KTM bike only - 11
Yamaha bike only - 3
Husky bike only - 1
Kawasaki bike only - 0
Honda bike only - 0
Suzuki bike only - 0
TM bike only - 0

So a 33% brand representation equals over 70% brand representation in photos...makes sense (heavy sarcasm). Is this good journalism?
Motoxdoc wrote:
I forgot to look....what did all the other media rags write about the local moto scene last weekend? (heavy sarcasm). Since MXA is the ONLY one...
I forgot to look....what did all the other media rags write about the local moto scene last weekend? (heavy sarcasm). Since MXA is the ONLY one that does weekly race reports...for free, this is not "good journalism".....IT'S FUCKING GREAT JOURNALISM!"
#imisscyclenews
kiwifan
11/1/2018 5:00pm
kiwifan wrote:

1. KTM…33%
2. Honda…23%
3. Yamaha…22%
4. Kawasaki…12%
5. Husqvarna…6%
6. Suzuki…2%
5. TM…2%

Photos wise there were:

KTM bike only - 11
Yamaha bike only - 3
Husky bike only - 1
Kawasaki bike only - 0
Honda bike only - 0
Suzuki bike only - 0
TM bike only - 0

Motoxdoc wrote:
I forgot to look....what did all the other media rags write about the local moto scene last weekend? (heavy sarcasm). Since MXA is the ONLY one...
Put a spin on it anyway you like, fact is my OP stands
mersk331
11/1/2018 7:27pm
kiwifan wrote:

1. KTM…33%
2. Honda…23%
3. Yamaha…22%
4. Kawasaki…12%
5. Husqvarna…6%
6. Suzuki…2%
5. TM…2%

Photos wise there were:

KTM bike only - 11
Yamaha bike only - 3
Husky bike only - 1
Kawasaki bike only - 0
Honda bike only - 0
Suzuki bike only - 0
TM bike only - 0

Motoxdoc wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
It doesn't actually. You cry about favoritism but then you weren't honest with your "investigation". You neglected the multiple photos of the starts with every person and manufacturer represented. Also just some food for thought, maybe the majority of people ride KTM's and most of them do pretty well so they get photographed. Pretty simple. And if you ran a magazine wouldn't you want to put your friends in it? They're all just normal friendly people who like to race dirt bikes with their friends. Anyone could go introduce themselves and become friends. That would require you to stop adding up percentages incorrectly and go ride your dirt bike...
500guy
11/1/2018 7:50pm
Robgvx wrote:
Has any magazine EVER decided upon which photos to publish based on an equal split of motorcycle brands in the entry? No. They publish photos of...
Has any magazine EVER decided upon which photos to publish based on an equal split of motorcycle brands in the entry? No. They publish photos of the riders who won and occasionally good photo of those who didn’t.

GuyB wrote:
Same goes for any Supercross or Nationals coverage. Personally, I try to spread it around, but people are usually more interested in what’s happening at the...
Same goes for any Supercross or Nationals coverage. Personally, I try to spread it around, but people are usually more interested in what’s happening at the pointy end of the result sheet.
Ricky Carmichael won last week on his Suzuki but He used his 2% Suzuki coverage on the first round 23 moto's ago, Here's a Photo of random TM rider to peruse.
Motoxdoc
11/1/2018 7:53pm
kiwifan wrote:

1. KTM…33%
2. Honda…23%
3. Yamaha…22%
4. Kawasaki…12%
5. Husqvarna…6%
6. Suzuki…2%
5. TM…2%

Photos wise there were:

KTM bike only - 11
Yamaha bike only - 3
Husky bike only - 1
Kawasaki bike only - 0
Honda bike only - 0
Suzuki bike only - 0
TM bike only - 0

Motoxdoc wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
Spin?Huh Actually it was a rhetorical/sarcastic question, followed up with a fact and an opinion. No lines to read between, nothing shining or spinning....I was just addressing your whiny-ass complaint about MXA's REM race report/pictures that they are gracious enough to write and post for free. That's A LOT of time and effort ~45 weekends/year! In fact, this is the perfect spot to take the time and say, thank you Debbi, Jody, Jon, Dan....and Aussie Dan....and all the other people I've forgot about for putting out the extra effort to make those reports happen!

"fact is my OP stands".....Whatever...I'm tempted to agree with you...but I don't even know what that means. Why wouldn't your op still stand? You didn't say anything out of line.
kiwifan
11/1/2018 8:14pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
mersk331 wrote:
It doesn't actually. You cry about favoritism but then you weren't honest with your "investigation". You neglected the multiple photos of the starts with every person...
It doesn't actually. You cry about favoritism but then you weren't honest with your "investigation". You neglected the multiple photos of the starts with every person and manufacturer represented. Also just some food for thought, maybe the majority of people ride KTM's and most of them do pretty well so they get photographed. Pretty simple. And if you ran a magazine wouldn't you want to put your friends in it? They're all just normal friendly people who like to race dirt bikes with their friends. Anyone could go introduce themselves and become friends. That would require you to stop adding up percentages incorrectly and go ride your dirt bike...
You did see the bit about multiple bikes in my OP didnt you ?

But thats the point dude, according to their OWN stats, there were a lot of other brands there ....that had no photos of them....and I know for a fact that KTM and Huskys do not win every race.

Perhaps you need to open your eyes a little bit more.
kiwifan
11/1/2018 8:17pm Edited Date/Time 11/1/2018 8:19pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
Spin?:huh:Actually it was a rhetorical/sarcastic question, followed up with a fact and an opinion. No lines to read between, nothing shining or spinning....I was just addressing...
Spin?Huh Actually it was a rhetorical/sarcastic question, followed up with a fact and an opinion. No lines to read between, nothing shining or spinning....I was just addressing your whiny-ass complaint about MXA's REM race report/pictures that they are gracious enough to write and post for free. That's A LOT of time and effort ~45 weekends/year! In fact, this is the perfect spot to take the time and say, thank you Debbi, Jody, Jon, Dan....and Aussie Dan....and all the other people I've forgot about for putting out the extra effort to make those reports happen!

"fact is my OP stands".....Whatever...I'm tempted to agree with you...but I don't even know what that means. Why wouldn't your op still stand? You didn't say anything out of line.
my OP is not about how frequently they do reports, it is not about the time and effort they take to produce reports, it is not about who takes photos...it is about a person or persons selecting photos from the tons that Debbie and co do and only showing mostly 1 brand despite a lot of other brands present
swtwtwtw
11/1/2018 8:18pm
Race there a couple times a month and sooner or later your pic will show up in the reports. ?
kiwifan
11/1/2018 8:40pm
swtwtwtw wrote:
Race there a couple times a month and sooner or later your pic will show up in the reports. ?
lol Smile
mersk331
11/1/2018 8:42pm
kiwifan wrote:
mersk331 wrote:
It doesn't actually. You cry about favoritism but then you weren't honest with your "investigation". You neglected the multiple photos of the starts with every person...
kiwifan wrote:
You did see the bit about multiple bikes in my OP didnt you ? But thats the point dude, according to their OWN stats, there were...
You did see the bit about multiple bikes in my OP didnt you ?

But thats the point dude, according to their OWN stats, there were a lot of other brands there ....that had no photos of them....and I know for a fact that KTM and Huskys do not win every race.

Perhaps you need to open your eyes a little bit more.
"Multiple bikes with a KTM or Husky leading" "Multiple bikes with a non-KTM or Husky leading"

That's not exactly acknowledging the multiple bikes. That's trying to point out if there's a KTM in front or not.

Fact is there's only 4 to 6 races at REM which means 8 to 12 motos to be covered so you want more photos of a brand that won 1 maybe 2 motos than the brand that won most of the motos. Your logic is on point.

The riders on Japanese brand motorcycles are shown. Jody and company cover multiple people and multiple stories every week in the REM report. Sorry you had to look at photos of an Orange bike a little more this last week because well, more people buy them and ride them. Very poor journalism (heavy sarcasm).

Perhaps you need to do something productive with your time.
captmoto
11/1/2018 9:53pm
Holy shit! WTF was this thread about?
SCR
11/1/2018 10:06pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
Spin?:huh:Actually it was a rhetorical/sarcastic question, followed up with a fact and an opinion. No lines to read between, nothing shining or spinning....I was just addressing...

kiwifan wrote:
my OP is not about how frequently they do reports, it is not about the time and effort they take to produce reports, it is not...
my OP is not about how frequently they do reports, it is not about the time and effort they take to produce reports, it is not about who takes photos...it is about a person or persons selecting photos from the tons that Debbie and co do and only showing mostly 1 brand despite a lot of other brands present
I think your on to something here but I don't think it's the make of bike. I think MXA is sending subliminal messages to purchase riding gear that pays for adds in their mag.
Why don't you go through all the photos of next week's REM Report, document the riding gear of each rider in every photo. Then cross reference that with the gear company adds of the last 10 issues of MXA and report back on Monday.
Robgvx
11/2/2018 12:52am
I read MXA’s test of the KTM SXF450. Goddamit, there were only photos of KTMs in that article.

I’m offended. Where do I complain (and seek compensation)?
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
11/2/2018 7:23am
#suzukitoo

So many social injustices in moto, we need to fight for equal rights!
sumdood
Fantasy
1267th
11/2/2018 7:36am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
#imisscyclenews
Yup. I miss the local race coverage when anyone could submit an article and pictures and it'd make it in. Nothing like seeing your picture and results in print to make you feel like a badass, even it was for 2nd or 3rd place beginner in an othg race. LaughingLaughing I still have them lol
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
11/2/2018 7:55am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
#imisscyclenews
sumdood wrote:
Yup. I miss the local race coverage when anyone could submit an article and pictures and it'd make it in. Nothing like seeing your picture and...
Yup. I miss the local race coverage when anyone could submit an article and pictures and it'd make it in. Nothing like seeing your picture and results in print to make you feel like a badass, even it was for 2nd or 3rd place beginner in an othg race. LaughingLaughing I still have them lol
Haha! We have every one of them that we have had our names featured in. Even though it's not a huge deal, it kinda is at the same time lol!

Post a reply to: Motocross Action REM report

The Latest