Motocross Action REM report

kiwifan
Edited Date/Time 11/2/2018 7:55am
So in the latest REM report REM Report lets break down the photos by brand, bearing in mind the following most popular brand information at the race:

1. KTM…33%
2. Honda…23%
3. Yamaha…22%
4. Kawasaki…12%
5. Husqvarna…6%
6. Suzuki…2%
5. TM…2%

Photos wise there were:

KTM bike only - 11
Yamaha bike only - 3
Husky bike only - 1
Kawasaki bike only - 0
Honda bike only - 0
Suzuki bike only - 0
TM bike only - 0
Multiple bikes with a KTM or Husky leading - 6
Multiple bikes with a non-KTM or Husky leading - 3

So a 33% brand representation equals over 70% brand representation in photos...makes sense (heavy sarcasm). Is this good journalism?
|
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/30/2018 3:03pm
My dad raced REM on Sept 29. He kept asking me if MXA put up the report the following Monday. I finally asked him why and he responded with the, "I want to see if they got any pictures of me." I then had to explain that he wasn't buddies with the MXA gang so he wouldn't be in there. Sure enough, no mention or pictures of his 4th in his first moto of 50 Expert.

They are pretty bias with a lot of their stuff. I use to enjoy their stuff, but now see that they have their favorites in everything.
jankymike
10/30/2018 3:57pm
Good old boys club. I've raced it here and there over the past couple years and its for sure very clicky in terms of the racers. The sign up staff are super nice and friendly, but I'd say the majority of racers have some what turned their nose up at me since I'm not a every weekend REM guy.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
10/30/2018 3:59pm
kiwifan wrote:
So in the latest REM report [url=https://motocrossactionmag.com/rem-glen-helen-octobercross-a-canadian-brazilian-and-brit-walk-into-a-bar/]REM Report[/url] lets break down the photos by brand, bearing in mind the following most popular brand information at the...
So in the latest REM report REM Report lets break down the photos by brand, bearing in mind the following most popular brand information at the race:

1. KTM…33%
2. Honda…23%
3. Yamaha…22%
4. Kawasaki…12%
5. Husqvarna…6%
6. Suzuki…2%
5. TM…2%

Photos wise there were:

KTM bike only - 11
Yamaha bike only - 3
Husky bike only - 1
Kawasaki bike only - 0
Honda bike only - 0
Suzuki bike only - 0
TM bike only - 0

So a 33% brand representation equals over 70% brand representation in photos...makes sense (heavy sarcasm). Is this good journalism?
Now, in other news that doesn't matter...
plowboy
10/30/2018 5:07pm
I'm not among the "in crowd" at Glen Helen. Couldn't tell you the difference between REM and main track. I will say that when I was out there this last spring for work I got the chance to head out there early one weekend. I just walked up and sat in on the riders meeting. Bullshitted with a few dudes and had offers of a bike and gear to race with. I don't know what I expected from folks at "ground zero" but they were core and cool to me. (I got called back in to work or there may have been a thread about donating money to a dumbass that crashed his brains out on that monster downhill). I'll be honest...I found the people in SoCal legit. Laid back outer shell...pure plutonium core...I can dig it.

The Shop

Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
10/30/2018 5:49pm
plowboy wrote:
I'm not among the "in crowd" at Glen Helen. Couldn't tell you the difference between REM and main track. I will say that when I was...
I'm not among the "in crowd" at Glen Helen. Couldn't tell you the difference between REM and main track. I will say that when I was out there this last spring for work I got the chance to head out there early one weekend. I just walked up and sat in on the riders meeting. Bullshitted with a few dudes and had offers of a bike and gear to race with. I don't know what I expected from folks at "ground zero" but they were core and cool to me. (I got called back in to work or there may have been a thread about donating money to a dumbass that crashed his brains out on that monster downhill). I'll be honest...I found the people in SoCal legit. Laid back outer shell...pure plutonium core...I can dig it.
Sounds awesome. What the sport is all about.
H4L
10/30/2018 5:55pm
Not surprised...
APLMAN99
10/30/2018 6:10pm
kiwifan wrote:
So in the latest REM report [url=https://motocrossactionmag.com/rem-glen-helen-octobercross-a-canadian-brazilian-and-brit-walk-into-a-bar/]REM Report[/url] lets break down the photos by brand, bearing in mind the following most popular brand information at the...

1. KTM…33%
2. Honda…23%
3. Yamaha…22%
4. Kawasaki…12%
5. Husqvarna…6%
6. Suzuki…2%
5. TM…2%

Photos wise there were:

KTM bike only - 11
Yamaha bike only - 3
Husky bike only - 1
Kawasaki bike only - 0
Honda bike only - 0
Suzuki bike only - 0
TM bike only - 0

Is this a real complaint? Seriously?
BikeGuy321
10/30/2018 6:17pm
They must be trying to lure the offroad crowd. The one time I went and watched the local Hare and Hound races, holy crap! It was like a literal sea of orange!
omalley
10/30/2018 6:29pm
1) attend a statistics class
2) learn things about how statistics can be misleading, including a key statistics slogan:
“Correlation does not prove causation”.
3) report back.
kiwifan
10/30/2018 6:46pm
kiwifan wrote:

1. KTM…33%
2. Honda…23%
3. Yamaha…22%
4. Kawasaki…12%
5. Husqvarna…6%
6. Suzuki…2%
5. TM…2%

Photos wise there were:

KTM bike only - 11
Yamaha bike only - 3
Husky bike only - 1
Kawasaki bike only - 0
Honda bike only - 0
Suzuki bike only - 0
TM bike only - 0

APLMAN99 wrote:
Is this a real complaint? Seriously?
This is a forum right?
kiwifan
10/30/2018 6:47pm
omalley wrote:
1) attend a statistics class 2) learn things about how statistics can be misleading, including a key statistics slogan: “Correlation does not prove causation”. 3) report...
1) attend a statistics class
2) learn things about how statistics can be misleading, including a key statistics slogan:
“Correlation does not prove causation”.
3) report back.
lol so you think what they do is perfectly fine, thanks for your input Smile
jjavaman
Fantasy
3765th
10/30/2018 7:35pm
I was just thinking there hasn’t been a MXA bitch thread in a week and here it is...
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/30/2018 7:59pm
plowboy wrote:
I'm not among the "in crowd" at Glen Helen. Couldn't tell you the difference between REM and main track. I will say that when I was...
If you come back out this way, let me know!
Trav138
10/30/2018 9:53pm Edited Date/Time 10/30/2018 9:53pm
plowboy wrote:
Ramrod wrote:
Sounds awesome. What the sport is all about.
X2

Awesome post plowboy
sumdood
Fantasy
1267th
10/30/2018 10:28pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
My dad raced REM on Sept 29. He kept asking me if MXA put up the report the following Monday. I finally asked him why and...
My dad raced REM on Sept 29. He kept asking me if MXA put up the report the following Monday. I finally asked him why and he responded with the, "I want to see if they got any pictures of me." I then had to explain that he wasn't buddies with the MXA gang so he wouldn't be in there. Sure enough, no mention or pictures of his 4th in his first moto of 50 Expert.

They are pretty bias with a lot of their stuff. I use to enjoy their stuff, but now see that they have their favorites in everything.
Hey Matt have you checked Rich's photo's at motophotollc ? He shoots lots of REM
https://www.motophotollc.com/IMOTO-Racing/REM-9-29-18/
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/30/2018 10:30pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
My dad raced REM on Sept 29. He kept asking me if MXA put up the report the following Monday. I finally asked him why and...

sumdood wrote:
Hey Matt have you checked Rich's photo's at motophotollc ? He shoots lots of REM
Nope! Had no idea about them! Thanks Bill!
plowboy
10/31/2018 3:22am
plowboy wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
If you come back out this way, let me know!
Thanks man...will do.
sandman768
10/31/2018 7:28am
What happens at REM happens all over the country every weekend.... Friends, riding buds get together to race & be part of something... The only difference is, REM has a magazine to tell everyone how great is was....I raced the World Vet race a few years ago... it was awesome....no attitudes from what I experienced. If I was local to Glen Helen, I would be racing there all the time....
captmoto
10/31/2018 8:00am
sandman768 wrote:
What happens at REM happens all over the country every weekend.... Friends, riding buds get together to race & be part of something... The only difference...
What happens at REM happens all over the country every weekend.... Friends, riding buds get together to race & be part of something... The only difference is, REM has a magazine to tell everyone how great is was....I raced the World Vet race a few years ago... it was awesome....no attitudes from what I experienced. If I was local to Glen Helen, I would be racing there all the time....
I'm less than 20 minutes to GHR and intend to become a REM regular this year. I don't race to be in a magazine, I race for fun.
DC
10/31/2018 8:09am Edited Date/Time 10/31/2018 8:10am
Any time I've gone to REM I have seen nothing but smiles and racers who genuinely seem to enjoy loading up their bike, going out to the local track and having some good times competing and bench-racing together.

And knowing the Debbi Tamietti, who almost always shoots the REM races and likely edits the photos for the MXA website, there isn't a racer on any brand of motorcycle she wouldn't shoot or try to give coverage to on the website. She's a true gem.

DC
Racer X
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/31/2018 8:13am
DC wrote:
Any time I've gone to REM I have seen nothing but smiles and racers who genuinely seem to enjoy loading up their bike, going out to...
Any time I've gone to REM I have seen nothing but smiles and racers who genuinely seem to enjoy loading up their bike, going out to the local track and having some good times competing and bench-racing together.

And knowing the Debbi Tamietti, who almost always shoots the REM races and likely edits the photos for the MXA website, there isn't a racer on any brand of motorcycle she wouldn't shoot or try to give coverage to on the website. She's a true gem.

DC
Racer X
I know Debbi seems to shoot pics of just about everyone, if not everyone lol.

MXA on the other hand, seems to almost always post pics of their buddies.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/31/2018 8:14am
mattyhamz2 wrote:

sumdood wrote:
There were a few of him on there! Thanks again Bill!
Robgvx
10/31/2018 8:15am
Has any magazine EVER decided upon which photos to publish based on an equal split of motorcycle brands in the entry? No. They publish photos of the riders who won and occasionally good photo of those who didn’t.

sumdood
Fantasy
1267th
10/31/2018 8:24am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Good deal ! What # is he ?
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/31/2018 8:25am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
sumdood wrote:
Good deal ! What # is he ?
#20 on an rmz
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
10/31/2018 8:27am
Robgvx wrote:
Has any magazine EVER decided upon which photos to publish based on an equal split of motorcycle brands in the entry? No. They publish photos of...
Has any magazine EVER decided upon which photos to publish based on an equal split of motorcycle brands in the entry? No. They publish photos of the riders who won and occasionally good photo of those who didn’t.

Same goes for any Supercross or Nationals coverage. Personally, I try to spread it around, but people are usually more interested in what’s happening at the pointy end of the result sheet.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/31/2018 8:39am Edited Date/Time 10/31/2018 8:40am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
#20 on an rmz
sumdood wrote:
Pic #318 is badass !
That one isn't him lol. He's on the last couple pages
sumdood
Fantasy
1267th