MotoConcepts to Add New Rider...Who Do You Want It To Be?

MCRacing
12/15/2013 2:40pm Edited Date/Time 12/19/2013 2:52pm
Voting is now open for MotoConcepts 2014 250 West Coast Supercross Scholarship. Be sure to review the list of applicants and cast your vote at http://motoconcepts.com/home/team-mc/vote/ between now and January 12th! Spread the word and support your favorite rider!

Don't see your favorite rider on the ballot? Let them know applications will be accepted through January 8th at http://motoconcepts.com/.

The winning rider will receive a race bike, a practice bike, salary plus race-based performance bonus, paid expenses, training and support, sponsor benefits package and a race mechanic for the 2014 250 West Coast Supercross season.  

In addition, if the scholarship recipient is able to finish in the top ten overall in the West Coast series, he will be granted a full 2014 Motocross contract.

New applications are received and added to the ballot daily so check the website often! Who do you want to see win?
|
12/15/2013 2:52pm
Is it too late for riders to be added to this list? I've had a couple really talented pro's contact me about this program. I wouldn't bother even asking if I didn't think the ones I have in mind even stood a chance in top ten West SX.
Socket946
12/15/2013 3:20pm
None of those guys are top 10 west coast SX....or am I wrong in that assumption?
12/15/2013 3:25pm
Socket946 wrote:
None of those guys are top 10 west coast SX....or am I wrong in that assumption?
No your right. Go down to some of these training facilities and there is a bunch of riders that easily have the talent and speed to possibly be top ten. It's amazing that none of these riders are on that list!
MCRacing
12/15/2013 3:39pm
Is it too late for riders to be added to this list? I've had a couple really talented pro's contact me about this program. I wouldn't...
Is it too late for riders to be added to this list? I've had a couple really talented pro's contact me about this program. I wouldn't bother even asking if I didn't think the ones I have in mind even stood a chance in top ten West SX.
It's not too late for riders to sign up. Applications will be accepted through January 8th. If you know of riders you feel would be interested in the program please let them know there's still time to apply.

The Shop

12/15/2013 3:42pm
I would think they would push for J-Law to ride for them?? He gets so much press and is eligible for 250 class now. He's practically the only proven winner without a ride and would easily beat the current riders on that list.
MtnBoy
12/15/2013 3:54pm
I voted for Ryder Steffy, he went to school and graduated with his class. This is is first full year, he's a good kid, it'd be cool to see him get a shot with a legit team.
MarkF
12/15/2013 4:34pm
Socket946 wrote:
If Evgeny's 250 sx skills are equivalent to his 450 mx skills, he may have a chance at top 10.
bobby397
12/15/2013 4:44pm
Socket946 wrote:
Not if the west is as stacked as the past few years were. You usually get 2-3 TLD riders, 2-3 pro circuit, 2-3 gieco riders, 1-2 rockstar riders, 1 ktm rider, motoconcepts 1 rider, star yamahas 1 rider, it's not going to be easy
COAL-TRAIN
12/15/2013 4:49pm
Socket946 wrote:
Aeck...possibly...none of the rest will have a shot
visser62
12/15/2013 5:22pm
I would give it to Evgeny Mikhalov. He's been working hard at MX over here for a few years now, far away from his home. And he's shown the potential at times to make it. I'm sure the rest are nice guys and are hard working, but I want it to go to someone who has proven they can get results at some level of the sport.
pitbike502
12/15/2013 5:30pm
visser62 wrote:
I would give it to Evgeny Mikhalov. He's been working hard at MX over here for a few years now, far away from his home. And...
I would give it to Evgeny Mikhalov. He's been working hard at MX over here for a few years now, far away from his home. And he's shown the potential at times to make it. I'm sure the rest are nice guys and are hard working, but I want it to go to someone who has proven they can get results at some level of the sport.
Evgheny is a cool guy.. Remember this? :...

velocitygear
12/15/2013 5:32pm
Interesting...

Thank You MotoConcepts for doing what you do!

awaiting more sign ups...
12/15/2013 5:39pm
I wish Mike McDade would send you his resume.

All the guy needs is consistent equipment from a respectable sponsor and a good consistent training regimen and it will all come together for the team and for the rider. Mike rides borrowed beat bikes of any color and still maintains competitiveness.
IWreckALot
12/15/2013 5:42pm
Can I ask why this is being called a scholarship? Doesn't seem very school/college related.
Camp332
12/15/2013 6:12pm
I just sent this info to my friend Nick Desiderio. He happened to beat some guys like Decotis, Owen, and Martin on Friday night at a Tennessee arenacross. He is riding and training at South of the Border MX full time right now on their SX tracks.
jleews6
12/15/2013 6:23pm
I would think they would push for J-Law to ride for them?? He gets so much press and is eligible for 250 class now. He's practically...
I would think they would push for J-Law to ride for them?? He gets so much press and is eligible for 250 class now. He's practically the only proven winner without a ride and would easily beat the current riders on that list.
Would you really want that guy representing your team? I do agree with you in that there is alot of great riders in the south east right now that dont have a ride.
ts.p311
12/15/2013 7:18pm
IWreckALot wrote:
Can I ask why this is being called a scholarship? Doesn't seem very school/college related.
schol·ar·ship Noun /ˈskälərˌSHip/

Synonyms:
noun: learning, erudition, knowledge, grant, exhibition, stipend, science, studentship

scholarships plural
Academic study or achievement; learning of a high level
A grant or payment made to support a student's education, awarded on the basis of academic or other achievement
visser62
12/15/2013 7:54pm
IWreckALot wrote:
ts.p311 wrote:
schol·ar·ship Noun /ˈskälərˌSHip/ Synonyms: noun: learning, erudition, knowledge, grant, exhibition, stipend, science, studentship scholarships plural Academic study or achievement; learning of a high level A grant...
schol·ar·ship Noun /ˈskälərˌSHip/

Synonyms:
noun: learning, erudition, knowledge, grant, exhibition, stipend, science, studentship

scholarships plural
Academic study or achievement; learning of a high level
A grant or payment made to support a student's education, awarded on the basis of academic or other achievement
We aren't really starting this again, are we?
The Rock
12/15/2013 10:35pm
a·nal-re·ten·tive
PSYCHOANALYSIS
adjective
(of a person) excessively orderly and fussy (supposedly owing to conflict over toilet-training in infancy).
noun
a person who is excessively orderly and fussy.
The Rock
12/15/2013 10:37pm
visser62 wrote:
I would give it to Evgeny Mikhalov. He's been working hard at MX over here for a few years now, far away from his home. And...
Evgeny is an excellent pick. I would have him a 250 for SX and a 450 outdoors.
BobbyM
12/15/2013 10:44pm
Is it too late for riders to be added to this list? I've had a couple really talented pro's contact me about this program. I wouldn't...
how could you not vote for a guy named Agostini? Smile
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
12/15/2013 10:54pm
IWreckALot wrote:
Remember that thread? The original poster asked me to delete it.

I'm sure for any rider that could potentially get help out of the deal, they could call it whatever they wanted, and the rider probably wouldn't have a problem with it.

Don't be *that* guy.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
12/15/2013 10:55pm
The Rock wrote:
That's four bikes.
12/15/2013 11:30pm
Well said GuyB. Here is a team that is willing to forego adding a mainstream rider that would likely be of greater benefit to their effort to give a lesser known, unproven rider a chance. I mean seriously....paying the guy a salary and covering his expenses when he was likely running a program out of the back of his truck AND having to shell out his own cash to race and you're going to criticize what they name the program? I don't get it. Personally, I think a thank you and little appreciation towards Motoconcepts is more where things are at with this situation. It's a killer opportunity for someone.

Can someone tell me why this team seems to get hated on so much? Is it because it's just easier to bash and criticize?
The Rock
12/15/2013 11:45pm
The Rock wrote:
GuyB wrote:
That's four bikes.
In a perfect world he' be a on 450 outdoors but regardless a 250 SX ride with MCR would be the opportunity of a lifetime for Evgeny. I'm a big Mike Genova fan for a number of reasons but one of them was for stepping up and signing Pourcel. Was big time disappointed when that deal went sideways.

The pass Pourcel put on Reed and Dungey at Freestone before pulling off still blows my mind. Very Bayle-esque.
12/16/2013 3:59am
I would think they would push for J-Law to ride for them?? He gets so much press and is eligible for 250 class now. He's practically...
A refocused Nico Izzi would be even better resultsvice in my opinion...
JoJmoto
12/16/2013 4:35am
I would like to see Auston Albers and/or Kyle Bitterman, however, both are East coast guys and neither can afford to travel out West so guess it doesn't matter... Sound like a good deal for West Coast riders but not a good deal for all privateers...
gharmon
12/16/2013 5:28am
MCRacing wrote:
Voting is now open for MotoConcepts 2014 250 West Coast Supercross Scholarship. Be sure to review the list of applicants and cast your vote at [url=http://motoconcepts.com/home/team-mc/vote/]http://motoconcepts.com/home/team-mc/vote/[/url]...
Voting is now open for MotoConcepts 2014 250 West Coast Supercross Scholarship. Be sure to review the list of applicants and cast your vote at http://motoconcepts.com/home/team-mc/vote/ between now and January 12th! Spread the word and support your favorite rider!

Don't see your favorite rider on the ballot? Let them know applications will be accepted through January 8th at http://motoconcepts.com/.

The winning rider will receive a race bike, a practice bike, salary plus race-based performance bonus, paid expenses, training and support, sponsor benefits package and a race mechanic for the 2014 250 West Coast Supercross season.  

In addition, if the scholarship recipient is able to finish in the top ten overall in the West Coast series, he will be granted a full 2014 Motocross contract.

New applications are received and added to the ballot daily so check the website often! Who do you want to see win?
If the first race is Jan 4th that and the second is jan 11th that means they will miss the first two races, correct?
That's gonna be hard to finish in the top ten if you miss two races. Or am I missing something? Either way I think it's great to do this.
Socket946
12/16/2013 5:35am
There's an expectation you're paying your own way the first two races. And then there after, MCR supports you.

I really like MCR, a lot. The color of the bikes, the swagger, and the underdog part too.

What I don't like is how everything went down last year.

Post a reply to: MotoConcepts to Add New Rider...Who Do You Want It To Be?

The Latest