MotoConcepts new title sponsor ???

Edited Date/Time 2/26/2018 1:02pm
According to Matthes....

EDIT: Thought this was saying MotoConcepts was the new title sponsor for Factory Honda..... but sounds like MotoConcepts themselves may have a new title sponsor???? Another one of Genova's spa industry bros????

|
line-up
2/26/2018 12:56pm
According to Matthes.... EDIT: Thought this was saying MotoConcepts was the new title sponsor for Factory Honda..... but sounds like MotoConcepts themselves may have a new...
According to Matthes....

EDIT: Thought this was saying MotoConcepts was the new title sponsor for Factory Honda..... but sounds like MotoConcepts themselves may have a new title sponsor???? Another one of Genova's spa industry bros????

read it more carefully
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
1959th
2/26/2018 5:23pm
Not to derail the thread, but this ^^^ right here is a huge issue to bring sponsorship onto a race team in Supercross.

We are 8 rounds - HALFWAY - through the series.

SmarTop/Bullfrog Spas/Honda has 3 established riders Brayton, Friese, and Weimer, sitting 4th (Brayton) and 13th (Friese) in points with 2 of them with top 10 finishes and easily in every main event.

Yet somewhere along the line, core fans such as the examples above have no idea that there is even a new title sponsor on the team. I am not talking about a new part on the bike, or a new mechanic, or a new sock sponsor... A TITLE sponsor of the guy 4th in points.

I'm not pointing fingers, but clearly the messaging is not out there. Tough to justify spending hundreds of thousands to title sponsor a program if people aren't even being made aware that you are a title sponsor.

The Shop

BigDaddyG
2/26/2018 5:40pm
I didn't think Brayton to Honda Factory team would fly....that would pretty much side line MCR.....BUT Honday Factory to MCR is way more plausible and makes a ton of sense. They kick a bunch more support, and park their rig all the while saving $$$.
500guy
2/26/2018 5:55pm
Not to derail the thread, but this ^^^ right here is a huge issue to bring sponsorship onto a race team in Supercross. We are 8...
Not to derail the thread, but this ^^^ right here is a huge issue to bring sponsorship onto a race team in Supercross.

SmarTop/Bullfrog Spas/Honda has 3 established riders Brayton, Friese, and Weimer, sitting 4th (Brayton) and 13th (Friese) in points with 2 of them with top 10 finishes and easily in every main event.

Yet somewhere along the line, core fans such as the examples above have no idea that there is even a new title sponsor on the team. I am not talking about a new part on the bike, or a new mechanic, or a new sock sponsor... A TITLE sponsor of the guy 4th in points.

I'm not pointing fingers, but clearly the messaging is not out there. Tough to justify spending hundreds of thousands to title sponsor a program if people aren't even being made aware that you are a title sponsor.
Yep R.O.I = Zero, it's a hard sell
2/26/2018 5:57pm Edited Date/Time 2/26/2018 5:57pm
Not to derail the thread, but this ^^^ right here is a huge issue to bring sponsorship onto a race team in Supercross. We are 8...

In another thread, I recall there was one of us (a hardcore moto fan) pondering if Rockstar Energy Drink was still in business.
CEMX182
2/26/2018 6:00pm

That is one of many fundamental problems with a vast majority of teams in this sport (on the American side especially). Hardly any of these teams have any engaging media presence at all (with the exception of Instagram). Even that is negligible at best. I mean RCH did everything they did, and didn't even have a website? Husky has 2 sites, one site still has Zach (Bell) on it, while their other still has Pourcel haha Like, come on.. its a bit of a shit effort haha and doesn't exactly show that the 'industry" gives that much effort in expanding itself.
APLMAN99
2/26/2018 6:12pm

Sounds like a team issue more than anything. The Motoconcepts site only lists 3 sponsors for the team; Smartop, Honda, and Northwest Steel Fab........
2/26/2018 6:42pm Edited Date/Time 2/26/2018 7:23pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
Sounds like a team issue more than anything. The Motoconcepts site only lists 3 sponsors for the team; Smartop, Honda, and Northwest Steel Fab........
As has been said, that level of half-assedness seems to be as much an industry rule as an exception.

Husky's team website was already mentioned in this thread. Red Bull KTM, perhaps the premiere team in the sport right now, doesn't even list their title sponsor (or any others) on what little they have of a webpage.
KirkChandler
Fantasy
385th
2/26/2018 7:27pm

True.

But the team needs to come out and change their name that the public uses. Everyone calls Geico Honda, Geico. They don’t call it Geico Honda Factory Connection Amsoil Racing. They have a distinct message that they are Geico Honda. Not a laundry list of sponsors. Sure they have more associate sponsors, but Geico and Honda spend the big bucks and are recognized for it.

Everyone in the industry just calls it Moto Concepts. Not Smart Top or Bullfrog Spas.

People call Monster Energy Pro Circuit Kawasaki, just Pro Circuit. Maybe because there’s already a Monster Kawasaki and a Monster Yamaha. But when Pro Circuit started it was Peak Pro Curcuit Honda. And people called it Team Peak.

It’s about branding your message from beginning to end.
KDXGarage
2/26/2018 8:23pm
Has it not been Bullfrog Spas all season??

I have heard it mentioned more than once on TV.

Post a reply to: MotoConcepts new title sponsor ???

The Latest