Moto the Movie.

Tiki
Fantasy
1670th
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 3:22pm
4 out of 5 stars. Why four? Too short and I suspect the American Supercross and Motocross monopolies wouldn't let them shoot Supercross or Motocross to add to the film. If that's the case, shame on them!

So I am checking out of the local market with my recent purchase, one hand firmly on a six pack of Hofbrauhaus winter dark ready to watch Top Gear. My pocket starts to ring, I look up at the checkout girl whom is raising an eyebrow at me. I smile and start to head for the exit. "Drew!" exclaims the other end of the phone. "I got a film you gotta see!" Yea I respond? "I'm on my way over to your place with a moto vid." No prob, let me run back in and get another sixer I tell them. Armed with two sixpacks of HB Brew, I jump in the car to head home. A friend whom I ride with on a regular basis has a copy of the new film Moto! We get in, pour the golden goodness into some pints and sit back to watch what I would say is an excellent modern day version of "On Any Sunday." Its that good. The film takes a snapshot of all things moto. Trail Riding, WORCS, Free Riding, Motocross all in high def and all beautiful. It has the feeling of On Any Sunday and the classic Mountain bike film Roam if you have had the chance to see that. This film is what I would classify as underrated. It really is that good. A scoche too short but the content it has is absolutely worth it. If you get a chance to check this film out, I highly suggest it.

Tuesday nigh we are doing it all again with more friends. It will either raise your ideas of what Moto is about or ruin it completely by inspiring you to raise your own bar.

Now how does Top Gear top this? Bench racing ensues.
|
JW381
11/29/2009 10:53pm
That's exactly what I thought of it when I first saw the trailer. Like On Any Sunday 2009. That's awesome to hear. Me and my good riding buddy are gettin each other Epic and Moto for christmas. Can't wait ot check it out..
snowy816
11/30/2009 1:19am
JW381 wrote:
That's exactly what I thought of it when I first saw the trailer. Like On Any Sunday 2009. That's awesome to hear. Me and my good...
That's exactly what I thought of it when I first saw the trailer. Like On Any Sunday 2009. That's awesome to hear. Me and my good riding buddy are gettin each other Epic and Moto for christmas. Can't wait ot check it out..
I tried to get it after watching the trailer, but VURB won't take my credit card for Australia for some reason. Would let my wife know for xmas too, but did a late night call to Motosport to get two new TLD helmets...

So might give her some good loving when I get home, and then tell her I don't want anything for xmas as she is all I need..LOL
f4ctry
11/30/2009 2:08am
Bulmer brought Epic with him to NZ....hes useful sometimes that guy

The Shop

DPW
11/30/2009 5:58am
I really enjoyed the movie too. There was a little of everything in there. I wish the WORCS stuff would have got more coverage though...they need to show that stuff on TV!
mom241
11/30/2009 6:36am
Tiki, I thought it was a great film also. There are some truly beautiful shots, those HD cameras are amazing.

I've always enjoyed trials, those guys amaze me.
JOHN CHOATE
11/30/2009 7:20am
Tiki wrote:
4 out of 5 stars. Why four? Too short and I suspect the American Supercross and Motocross monopolies wouldn't let them shoot Supercross or Motocross to...
4 out of 5 stars. Why four? Too short and I suspect the American Supercross and Motocross monopolies wouldn't let them shoot Supercross or Motocross to add to the film. If that's the case, shame on them!

So I am checking out of the local market with my recent purchase, one hand firmly on a six pack of Hofbrauhaus winter dark ready to watch Top Gear. My pocket starts to ring, I look up at the checkout girl whom is raising an eyebrow at me. I smile and start to head for the exit. "Drew!" exclaims the other end of the phone. "I got a film you gotta see!" Yea I respond? "I'm on my way over to your place with a moto vid." No prob, let me run back in and get another sixer I tell them. Armed with two sixpacks of HB Brew, I jump in the car to head home. A friend whom I ride with on a regular basis has a copy of the new film Moto! We get in, pour the golden goodness into some pints and sit back to watch what I would say is an excellent modern day version of "On Any Sunday." Its that good. The film takes a snapshot of all things moto. Trail Riding, WORCS, Free Riding, Motocross all in high def and all beautiful. It has the feeling of On Any Sunday and the classic Mountain bike film Roam if you have had the chance to see that. This film is what I would classify as underrated. It really is that good. A scoche too short but the content it has is absolutely worth it. If you get a chance to check this film out, I highly suggest it.

Tuesday nigh we are doing it all again with more friends. It will either raise your ideas of what Moto is about or ruin it completely by inspiring you to raise your own bar.

Is the movie really that good or was it the "golden goodness" that enhanced it? Grinning I hope to see it soon.
Nikhil
11/30/2009 9:14am
Tiki wrote:
4 out of 5 stars. Why four? Too short and I suspect the American Supercross and Motocross monopolies wouldn't let them shoot Supercross or Motocross to...

By building a hot-air caravan.
Tiki
Fantasy
1670th
11/30/2009 10:18am
May was pretty funny. Would have loved to have that Lambo for a day, looks like a nice ride. John, the film stood it's own, the brew was a nice addition to a wonderful Sunday night.

Post a reply to: Moto the Movie.

The Latest