Moto scene in the San Antonio area?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/6/2020 9:18 AM

My wife and I are potentially moving to that area for work related reasons. I am just here wondering how is it out there in Texas and especially in the San Antonio area? Thanks guys!

|

12/6/2020 9:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/6/2020 9:46 AM

The moto scene in San Antonio is much smaller than in the other major cities in Texas. Cycle Ranch south of SA is one of the best tracks (and the favorite for many) in the state. Other than that, anything good will be in Austin, Houston or DFW.

|

12/6/2020 11:16 AM

Thanks guys!

|

12/6/2020 1:31 PM

Tyler_Coff303 wrote:

My wife and I are potentially moving to that area for work related reasons. I am just here wondering how is it out there in ...more

When I lived in Alamo heights last year I was about equidistant from cycle ranch and Murphy’s. I really like Murphy’s. Not a fan of the giant table top at cycle ranch so I don’t typically go there. if you like off road at all, look into Zars ranch. It’s like $200 a year and you get a key to the place. They have showers, pavilion with fans and lights.

Ive been to creek side a couple years ago but wasn’t a fan. It seems like it’s catered to beginners. The dirt is slightly better than white knuckle but that’s not saying much.

|

12/6/2020 2:42 PM

Tyler_Coff303 wrote:

My wife and I are potentially moving to that area for work related reasons. I am just here wondering how is it out there in ...more

wife and I did the same move from California about 8 years ago. here's what I've learned so far riding here.
For motocross:
Cycle Ranch in Floresville, Tx is the best dirt in the state and puts on races frequently.
Creekside MX in Marion, Tx is very convenient/close to town but pretty basic and hard packed catering to beginners.
Spoaks Mx in Lockhart, Tx is pretty technical deep rutted corners and a more advanced track.
Murphy's in Red Rock, Tx is very popular and gets a lot of riders on the track.

For off-road:
Dirt Bike Club of San Antonio has a property of wooded trails called Zars Ranch membership required.
Torcs Racing puts on some great hare scramble races at various ranches throughout south texas.
unfortunately not much off road riding here as ALL property is owned so no just riding for hours out in the open like on the west coast.

but anyways if you make it down here PM me, or post up here and you'll find plenty of riding buddies, it's very friendly down here.

|

12/6/2020 5:53 PM

Also AMP (formerly ADV) is really good. Good dirt and sand, good prep. Ride days are Wednesday evening (and Thursday for beginners) and Saturday. Be SURE to get on the auto text for confirming when open. Just outside of Austin.

|

12/6/2020 6:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/6/2020 6:49 PM

Regarding White Knuckle and Creekside, tho I haven’t been to either, from viewing their Instagrams, it looks like both tracks have been putting in a lot of work to better the tracks. With the right ripping and tilling and water hard dirt can get prepped pretty good!

|