Moto people

mxbigd17
3/13/2020 6:12pm
I am a truck driver, I would start worrying when the loads slow down or stop coming all together. If this industry has a major hiccup, not having toilet paper will be the least of our problems.
vetmxr
3/13/2020 6:24pm
Real Estate investor, manager.......So far so good....we are full and hopefully people will keep paying rent on time....Blink
vetmxr
3/13/2020 6:26pm
I love to hear what my brothers from different mothers do for a living,,career.. Working men..
agn5009
3/13/2020 6:28pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Well, got an email about my daughter's school being closed starting Monday. My wife is a teacher at the preschool there and now my wife is...
Well, got an email about my daughter's school being closed starting Monday. My wife is a teacher at the preschool there and now my wife is out of work as well until further notice. Not good.... We have bills to pay and she won't be getting paid.
My kids school and day care have been shut down. Our oldest (6) goes to a private school and our youngest (2) goes to day care. We still have to pay for both even though they arent attending. Oh, and now on top of that we have to pay someone to watch them every day while we work. Hopefully everything goes back to normal in a few weeks. I wont hold my breath though.

The Shop

funktree
Fantasy
4064th
3/13/2020 6:40pm
brocster wrote:
Water and wastewater here....all good!

I can see this having a huge affect on lots of people and hope the best that everyone can pull through
Same here, people will still want water coming in and out of houses.
kkawboy14
3/13/2020 7:02pm
TXDirt wrote:
I lead our IT department for a small oil and gas exploration company. Our company is doing a full work-from-home test today. So about 100 employees...
I lead our IT department for a small oil and gas exploration company. Our company is doing a full work-from-home test today. So about 100 employees all at home today.

We have suspended all company travel, entertainment, etc. We also have new policies on personal travel, what to do if you are going to or coming back from a hot spot. What to do if you feel sick. Adjusted sick/leave policies. Work from home policies. Etc etc.

And of course oil prices absolutely shit the bed which has been and will be quite devastating to the industry. The carnage is just getting started. Most companies are hedges against oil price drops. So won’t feel huge pain until next year. But service companies are going to get killed again because everyone is going to put drilling and recompletions on hold indefinitely starting now.
So your in the future planning for the oil business?
kkawboy14
3/13/2020 7:03pm
Looks like 8 weeks and after that maybe everything back to normal
Spudnut
3/13/2020 7:19pm Edited Date/Time 3/13/2020 7:21pm
People still need water from the well
level
3/13/2020 7:30pm
I own a car dealer and have 20 employees. It could really hurt. We also have a finance company. We could have people putting off a major purchase and stop making payments. It’s not good. I’m worried.
dancolvin633
Fantasy
2236th
3/13/2020 7:31pm
I’m a Snap On franchisee In Sacramento. Started seeing it about a week ago when random people didn’t show up to work cause they were afraid to get sick. Now I am hearing that the auto dealerships may not allow tool venders on property until further notice. Being my route is 65% dealerships who knows how this will turn out....
MX558
3/13/2020 7:34pm
I own a small commercial construction company and I'll admit I'm worried as shit . This is going to get bad really quick but the good thing is it could turn around really quick too. The only stores that are busy are the grocery stores, restaurants and all other are ghost towns. unless you're in healthcare or supply toilet paper this will affect everyone in a bad way
Taylor415
3/13/2020 7:59pm
Union Industrial electrician here. No change here yet, but I see the signs and posters at customers plants. Mostly corrugated plants, so I think I’m okay. Hope so anyway!
Camp332
3/13/2020 8:17pm
IT guy managing a program for a BioTech company. Yesterday we were instructed to work from home through April 1. No slow down with work as of yet.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
3/13/2020 8:24pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Well, got an email about my daughter's school being closed starting Monday. My wife is a teacher at the preschool there and now my wife is...
Well, got an email about my daughter's school being closed starting Monday. My wife is a teacher at the preschool there and now my wife is out of work as well until further notice. Not good.... We have bills to pay and she won't be getting paid.
agn5009 wrote:
My kids school and day care have been shut down. Our oldest (6) goes to a private school and our youngest (2) goes to day care...
My kids school and day care have been shut down. Our oldest (6) goes to a private school and our youngest (2) goes to day care. We still have to pay for both even though they arent attending. Oh, and now on top of that we have to pay someone to watch them every day while we work. Hopefully everything goes back to normal in a few weeks. I wont hold my breath though.
I’m really hoping it goes back to normal ASAP! You guys having to pay when everything is shut down is just crap!

My wife’s school was trying to keep the daycare open, but they had no luck. They are on a week to week basis right now. Thankfully, the school asked the teachers if the were willing to babysit the kids during the closure and a bunch of parents jumped at the chance of having my wife watch their kids. She may potentially make more than actually going to work. Fingers crossed this goes no more than 2 weeks though.
Chance1216
3/13/2020 8:27pm Edited Date/Time 3/13/2020 8:29pm
Commercial plumber in Seattle. The job site I was on just shut down yesterday. One of the other tradesman tested positive for the virus. I’m now at home for two weeks quarantine since I was exposed to it. No symptoms for any in my family. Just taking it one day at a time. Tighten the belt, and now I can only window shop online while looking at bike parts. Lame
3/14/2020 7:43am
Chance1216 wrote:
Commercial plumber in Seattle. The job site I was on just shut down yesterday. One of the other tradesman tested positive for the virus. I’m now...
Commercial plumber in Seattle. The job site I was on just shut down yesterday. One of the other tradesman tested positive for the virus. I’m now at home for two weeks quarantine since I was exposed to it. No symptoms for any in my family. Just taking it one day at a time. Tighten the belt, and now I can only window shop online while looking at bike parts. Lame
2 weeks stuck at home with an amazon acct sounds expensive.
Markopolo400
3/14/2020 7:58am
I'm an engineer and I work in R&D, so I'm hoping this doesn't disrupt my job much, but I know its affecting the bigger picture for the company I work for in some aspects.
JM485
3/14/2020 8:12am
I'm an engineer and I work in R&D, so I'm hoping this doesn't disrupt my job much, but I know its affecting the bigger picture for...
I'm an engineer and I work in R&D, so I'm hoping this doesn't disrupt my job much, but I know its affecting the bigger picture for the company I work for in some aspects.
Same boat for me, I can't really work from home so it's business as usual for now. My biggest concern is the long term effects on the company as well as being able to get to work since I take public transportation, but our current project is so behind that if they sent me home there's a realistic chance we won't be a company for much longer. Our main office is in Rome, Italy as well just to add insult to injuryPinch

I think I'm pretty safe for now but if this continues for months on end we could be in serious trouble.
zippytech
3/14/2020 8:37am
I do IT work, and Dec-Feb was great cause MS killed off 7. It has slowed down but I am good, I have almost no bills so I can go pretty much go the rest of the year doing nothing but drinking and riding.
3/14/2020 9:01am
From what I gather, it appears a few things will be safe as a whole: utility, trades, outdoor work. Offices, finance, sales will be most affected.

At FedEx, I'll be honest, we're being rather cavalier about the situation. It seems like the company sees this as an opportunity to deliver freight quickly and make a name for ourselves. Where I see the weak link in the chain is when the MASSIVE distribution and supply chain starts to see confirmed cases of employees in the warehouses and DC's. We can't move freight if it isn't being picked off the shelves.

I'm expecting a two week shutdown of air cargo sooner than later- which really and I mean REALLY fucking sucks for all the people that we deliver medication to. All air cargo companies have a lot to lose for a short term loss, although we will be fine in the long run. Yeah, we can contract as many trucks as possible, but the fact still remains our entire country relies on the supply chain distribution centers stocked full of consumer goods made in Asia.

The net benefit of this, I believe, will be corporations will see how unimportant being in the office is, and how productive work from home can be. Hard to justify the office lease when everyone does better from home. After quarantine is over, there will be a lot of really apprehensive commuters, including the managers and executives themselves.
Trav138
3/14/2020 9:28am Edited Date/Time 3/14/2020 9:29am
Superintendent for a concrete and masonry restoration company with 50 employees. So far, still busy in office bidding and putting are schedules together. Our busy season usually kicks off In April, ,but a mild winter has us starting early with a few job this year.
We do commercial and industrial work, we have been busy for the last 20 years. But things may get delayed a bit, i will be ok, but some of our guys may have a shorter work season though. We ll see but With a good summer, everything will workout.
Hope the damages are minimal to everyone both financial and health.
bvm111
3/14/2020 9:40am
I’m active army so my pay won’t stop thankfully, however, they like to send us in to assist in situations like this since we are considered gov property. They are limiting our domestic travel through May so that will affect 2 training events I wasn’t looking forward to attending so that’s an overall positive. I had surgery on Tuesday and have been watching this develop from the couch and I still think it’s mass hysteria driven by the 24hr news cycle, we are just bombarded by this and it’s driving people crazy thinking the world is ending... it’s not. You are in more danger driving to the store to hoard your toilet paper and bottled water than from this form of the common cold which is what this is.
SEEMEFIRST
3/14/2020 10:00am
Maintain the equipment that puts water in little plastic bottles at extremely high rates of speed.
it's still not fast enough.

2 weeks ago we were curtailing production a few hours here and a few there because our warehouse was full, and we had no place to put it. (Typical winter slow down)

Our warehouse is now empty, and we're running full blast.

2 million cases in the last 2 weeks.

Oh, and just got an email telling managers and all office personnel who can work from home, should.
All others... Best of luck to ya!
Chance1216
3/14/2020 10:12am
Chance1216 wrote:
Commercial plumber in Seattle. The job site I was on just shut down yesterday. One of the other tradesman tested positive for the virus. I’m now...
2 weeks stuck at home with an amazon acct sounds expensive.
It could be, if I was still ordering bike parts lol. We’re just using Amazon for bare necessities for now (unfortunately).
kkawboy14
3/14/2020 10:48am
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
Maintain the equipment that puts water in little plastic bottles at extremely high rates of speed. it's still not fast enough. 2 weeks ago we were...
Maintain the equipment that puts water in little plastic bottles at extremely high rates of speed.
it's still not fast enough.

2 weeks ago we were curtailing production a few hours here and a few there because our warehouse was full, and we had no place to put it. (Typical winter slow down)

Our warehouse is now empty, and we're running full blast.

2 million cases in the last 2 weeks.

Oh, and just got an email telling managers and all office personnel who can work from home, should.
All others... Best of luck to ya!
I wish I would have invented bottled water 😂
SEEMEFIRST
3/14/2020 10:58am
kkawboy14 wrote:
I wish I would have invented bottled water 😂
No kidding.

If you would have told me 20 years ago that this is what I would be doing, I would have died laughing.
Spudnut
3/14/2020 12:46pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I’m really hoping it goes back to normal ASAP! You guys having to pay when everything is shut down is just crap! My wife’s school was...
I’m really hoping it goes back to normal ASAP! You guys having to pay when everything is shut down is just crap!

My wife’s school was trying to keep the daycare open, but they had no luck. They are on a week to week basis right now. Thankfully, the school asked the teachers if the were willing to babysit the kids during the closure and a bunch of parents jumped at the chance of having my wife watch their kids. She may potentially make more than actually going to work. Fingers crossed this goes no more than 2 weeks though.
Hey you never know what it could lead to my mom had a daycare when I was growing up and made 4K a month in the 90s
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
3/14/2020 12:49pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I’m really hoping it goes back to normal ASAP! You guys having to pay when everything is shut down is just crap! My wife’s school was...

Spudnut wrote:
Hey you never know what it could lead to my mom had a daycare when I was growing up and made 4K a month in the...
Hey you never know what it could lead to my mom had a daycare when I was growing up and made 4K a month in the 90s
That is true. We’ve talked about it and she would like to start her own daycare eventually. Maybe this will be the start of it lol
ProKawi24
3/14/2020 1:02pm Edited Date/Time 3/14/2020 1:03pm
I’m a Snap On franchisee In Sacramento. Started seeing it about a week ago when random people didn’t show up to work cause they were afraid...
I’m a Snap On franchisee In Sacramento. Started seeing it about a week ago when random people didn’t show up to work cause they were afraid to get sick. Now I am hearing that the auto dealerships may not allow tool venders on property until further notice. Being my route is 65% dealerships who knows how this will turn out....
No shit? My dad Carl (same name) is a mechanic. Worked for Goodyear for 20+ years in Elk Grove and now works for Pepsi as a diesel mechanic. He wont use anything other than Snap On tools. His favorite days were everytime the snap on truck came by.

I myself work in real estate underwriting mortgage loans. Business has been booming with the low rates and purchase season is around the corner. I keep waiting for my job to make us work from home but for now they keep saying business as usual and to show up. It's going to take someone actually testing positive at the building before my work shuts things down.
motoxxx599
Fantasy
985th
3/16/2020 9:36pm
I’m in the Bay Area and a mandatory 3 week “shelter in place” order starts at midnight. I think shit around here is going to get sketchy. There is a lot of gray area about who is allowed to travel and who is supposed to be isolated - only essential personnel are supposed to be out on the roads but you can go to the store or doctor if needed. Mass transit is still going to run but you must stay 6 feet away from the next person. Is this just the beginning of a much stricter order to come?

Post a reply to: Moto people

The Latest