Moto people

3/13/2020 9:39am
Little worried right now. Not because of the corona virus but because of the affects of it. If it’s shutting everything down I think it’s only...
Little worried right now. Not because of the corona virus but because of the affects of it. If it’s shutting everything down I think it’s only going to get worse from there. Work has been slow since the new year started and some days we don’t have enough work for all 8 hours. Talks of layoffs and early retirement deals being worked on so that’s what scares me more then this sickness
D_L118 wrote:
What does your company do?
Lift truck manufacturing
jeffro503
3/13/2020 9:48am
KennyT wrote:
Remodeling work for me and I’m so busy my heads spinning. The only issue I’ll have is if the media frightens the supply houses enough to...
Remodeling work for me and I’m so busy my heads spinning. The only issue I’ll have is if the media frightens the supply houses enough to limit my ability to obtain materials. As far as customers, they are waiting in lines for us. As long as I’m still able to get materials I’ll still be working like crazy, and spending money at restaurants, stores etc to help pass along the buck to some who may be seeing a slowdown.

My prediction is in 4 weeks or so this will be heading in the right direction and life will get back to normal as quickly as it went South
In that same boat Kenny. I have been buried in work since about mid January and it just keeps coming in. I have 1 big job and two smaller ones coming up right after I finish the one I'm on. I worked a 12HR day yesterday , so I could have today off , and I'm heading up to the big RV / Camper show. Should be a little slow there on a Friday , so I figured it would be better to go today , then tomorrow.
agn5009
3/13/2020 9:56am
agn5009 wrote:
I'm a cop. I would assume my job is safe Wink
ajv#26 wrote:
Me too! We are always safe! 🤔😖
KennyT wrote:
You guys may be in for a lot of overtime
Heroin and meth are really bad here. I fully expect it to get worse for a while. People will be looking for a cash source of income which means more selling on the streets. Sad times ahead.
Motodave15
3/13/2020 10:07am
I.T. for Anaheim's major themeparks. as it stands were still working. Behind the scenes, however starting monday our level of support is dropping and we will be working from home. Which i can say im happy about. been sketchy having to visit peoples desks/ going into the part etc. im not complaining as long as im still getting paid

The Shop

KennyT
Fantasy
479th
3/13/2020 10:33am
I don’t mean this to be rude, although it’s just the truth. One week ago most of this board did nothing but mock this entire thing...
I don’t mean this to be rude, although it’s just the truth. One week ago most of this board did nothing but mock this entire thing. Look at how differently people are posting now. It’s unsettling to say the least. We all know it’s going to get worse before it gets better. Not great as a business owner.
I'm still mocking this overreaction hyped up by the media for clickbait.
I’m just trying my best to be a bit more sensitive to people’s feelings. I am still 100% convinced this is a media fuckjob at the highest degree. SURE there is a virus and sure it is troubling and needs great attention to get it under control. What disgust me is the panic that set in and that is 100% media driven.

Hate me all you want, it’s just the way I feel. And I’m old as fuck so it’s not like I’m one of the youth that have had no issues with this virus. I’m still working, dining out, riding every weekend. Have a full two day/overnight ride planned for the weekend. The roads should be perfect with people huddled in their houses
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
3/13/2020 10:35am
Motodave15 wrote:
I.T. for Anaheim's major themeparks. as it stands were still working. Behind the scenes, however starting monday our level of support is dropping and we will...
I.T. for Anaheim's major themeparks. as it stands were still working. Behind the scenes, however starting monday our level of support is dropping and we will be working from home. Which i can say im happy about. been sketchy having to visit peoples desks/ going into the part etc. im not complaining as long as im still getting paid
That’s a cool job 👍
My daughter would be very envious
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
3/13/2020 10:36am
Well, got an email about my daughter's school being closed starting Monday. My wife is a teacher at the preschool there and now my wife is out of work as well until further notice. Not good.... We have bills to pay and she won't be getting paid.
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
3/13/2020 10:38am
KennyT wrote:
Remodeling work for me and I’m so busy my heads spinning. The only issue I’ll have is if the media frightens the supply houses enough to...
Remodeling work for me and I’m so busy my heads spinning. The only issue I’ll have is if the media frightens the supply houses enough to limit my ability to obtain materials. As far as customers, they are waiting in lines for us. As long as I’m still able to get materials I’ll still be working like crazy, and spending money at restaurants, stores etc to help pass along the buck to some who may be seeing a slowdown.

My prediction is in 4 weeks or so this will be heading in the right direction and life will get back to normal as quickly as it went South
jeffro503 wrote:
In that same boat Kenny. I have been buried in work since about mid January and it just keeps coming in. I have 1 big job...
In that same boat Kenny. I have been buried in work since about mid January and it just keeps coming in. I have 1 big job and two smaller ones coming up right after I finish the one I'm on. I worked a 12HR day yesterday , so I could have today off , and I'm heading up to the big RV / Camper show. Should be a little slow there on a Friday , so I figured it would be better to go today , then tomorrow.
Jeffro I know this is hitting you hard, the concern. And I truly understand that. What I love to hear from you is that you are still working hard and that you’ll be going to the RV show. Although we all need to be careful, I think it’s very important that if you are not sick or financially hit hard then you need to try and get out and contribute to society. That means admission to the RV show, movies, dining out, whatever. It’s going to be crucial in keeping as many people as possible at their jobs. Have fun this weekend 👍
3/13/2020 10:43am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Well, got an email about my daughter's school being closed starting Monday. My wife is a teacher at the preschool there and now my wife is...
Well, got an email about my daughter's school being closed starting Monday. My wife is a teacher at the preschool there and now my wife is out of work as well until further notice. Not good.... We have bills to pay and she won't be getting paid.
Damn man that sucks. My wife also teaches (3rd grade) and after Monday next week they are done for 3 weeks. They are trying to figure out what kind of work kids can do weather it be packets or text book work. Not all the kids have access to internet so online work is out of the question. Just a shitty situation all around
dl117
Fantasy
2546th
3/13/2020 10:46am
I work for a major lumber wholesaler in the Midwest as a dispatcher, we are busy to say the least.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
3/13/2020 10:49am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Well, got an email about my daughter's school being closed starting Monday. My wife is a teacher at the preschool there and now my wife is...
Damn man that sucks. My wife also teaches (3rd grade) and after Monday next week they are done for 3 weeks. They are trying to figure...
Damn man that sucks. My wife also teaches (3rd grade) and after Monday next week they are done for 3 weeks. They are trying to figure out what kind of work kids can do weather it be packets or text book work. Not all the kids have access to internet so online work is out of the question. Just a shitty situation all around
They are doing online school work for my daughter. My wife did tell me her directors are trying to keep the preschool open, but school districts are telling everything to close so we will see.
3/13/2020 10:57am
I’m a smog tech in Ca, job security (they still need to get their vehicle in here so they can get their sticker). Busy shop and come in contact with multiple people. I just f*^+king wash your hands and overall hygiene. Not sweating this too much , Life goes on ( except SX) ☹️, The media is really stressing the masses and people are out buying up a lot of stupid shit. I feel bad for those who are affected and those who have died from this virus . Hopefully the Pharmaceutical Industry comes out soon with a cure.
D_L118
3/13/2020 11:10am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
My gf also teaches, from next week schools will be closed for three weeks. Luckily she can keep her paycheck.
MPJC
Fantasy
702nd
3/13/2020 11:20am
I work in accounting for a big 4 firm. We haven’t been told to work from home yet but I’m guessing we will be at some point. We have unlimited sick days so if someone is sick there is no reason for them to be at work. Businesses still need accounting and tax work so I’m pretty sure business will continue come what may. I don’t work in audit - they are affected more as on site engagements are being postponed.
davis224
Fantasy
182nd
3/13/2020 11:21am
Millwright in a grain processing facility. (I keep the plant running that puts the sweetener on your sugar free gum) No disturbance yet. Being a food grade facility, I'm wondering what will happen when the virus starts popping up here.
devotid
Fantasy
500th
3/13/2020 11:24am
I'm an indie video game developer.... So sitting at home working in my sweatpants for 6 months is normal. lol.

Plus now that kids are going to be sitting at home for a month bored.... ill be killing it. (bad pun sorry)

I went to Meijer Grocery store last night at 3:00 AM and it was full of people buying ridiculous amounts of stuff. I was so affected by it I started filling a cart myself. Its crazy. I bought the last two toilet papers like they were cabbage patch dolls in the 90's.

Im more bummed out about the fact that I bought me and my retired enduro racing father "VIP Feld 450 Main event passes" that I wont get to see now. Detroit is cancelled. It was the one time I was going to put on jeans and leave the house..... bummer.
fourfourone
3/13/2020 11:30am
Little worried right now. Not because of the corona virus but because of the affects of it. If it’s shutting everything down I think it’s only...
Little worried right now. Not because of the corona virus but because of the affects of it. If it’s shutting everything down I think it’s only going to get worse from there. Work has been slow since the new year started and some days we don’t have enough work for all 8 hours. Talks of layoffs and early retirement deals being worked on so that’s what scares me more then this sickness
D_L118 wrote:
What does your company do?
Lift truck manufacturing
What company? I only ask because I work for a Toyota fork lift dealer.
Larry450
3/13/2020 11:32am
Im certain of one thing, nobody will give a shit about this gender bullshit. And climate change is on a hold.
motoxxx599
Fantasy
1009th
3/13/2020 11:39am
My daughters school northeast of Dallas is now closed until further notice. I came home from SF to Dallas yesterday and the level of panic here is much here than what I saw in the Bay Area. I went to the store this morning to stock up for the weekend and many shelves are empty. No TP, no water, no cleaning supplies, no meat, no OTC meds, etc.. The store was packed at 9am and a lot people had multiple carts full of anything they could fit. Fucking weird times.
Muzzle
3/13/2020 11:54am
I manage the credit card business for BMW here in the U.S. We're all working from home until further notice. Very interested to see when this begins to affect auto sales here. Unfortunately, I think this will have a large impact on the economy if these shutdowns are extended, which will affect us all in one way or the other.
Moto520
3/13/2020 12:00pm
I own a company that sells CNC equipment. It will slow down.
SweetDaddy
3/13/2020 12:01pm
I booked an 11 day Alaska cruise right before shit hit the fan - cruise is in may so we may be good to go.
Hoks
3/13/2020 12:13pm
Not so much my current I come but according to my current retirement portfolio I will be working until I die now.
bonseff
3/13/2020 12:18pm
agn5009 wrote:
I'm a cop. I would assume my job is safe Wink
Stay safe out there!
Crossup
3/13/2020 12:27pm
Bicycle manufacturer... business is still strong.
mxracer71
Fantasy
2394th
3/13/2020 3:29pm
I am a union hvac guy, im little worried they might delay a bunch of work down here in san diego. Good thing is my wife is a icu nurse so at least one of us has a reliable position.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
3/13/2020 3:32pm
mxracer71 wrote:
I am a union hvac guy, im little worried they might delay a bunch of work down here in san diego. Good thing is my wife...
I am a union hvac guy, im little worried they might delay a bunch of work down here in san diego. Good thing is my wife is a icu nurse so at least one of us has a reliable position.
Who do you work for?

Post a reply to: Moto people

The Latest