Moto people

Related:
Create New Tag

3/13/2020 3:36 AM

I'll take hand sanitizer as alcohol from now on.. So in it will come still.

|

3/13/2020 3:45 AM

I haul toilet paper and paper towels.
May need a bodyguard soon.

|

3/13/2020 3:46 AM

No change for me. I will proceed along like Covid-19 never happened. I mostly work in municipal water and wastewater repairs/modification. The virus is a real thing, but I do thing it’s being just a tad blow out of proportion. It’s going to have to run it’s course and people need to build up a natural immunity to it. You hear stories about the older generation not getting sick that often because of what they were exposed to as children, eating dirt and such. I believe there is some truth to that. Some people are too overly clean these days and I believe their immune systems suffer because of this. Just my opinion though.

|

3/13/2020 4:32 AM

I lead our IT department for a small oil and gas exploration company. Our company is doing a full work-from-home test today. So about 100 employees all at home today.

We have suspended all company travel, entertainment, etc. We also have new policies on personal travel, what to do if you are going to or coming back from a hot spot. What to do if you feel sick. Adjusted sick/leave policies. Work from home policies. Etc etc.

And of course oil prices absolutely shit the bed which has been and will be quite devastating to the industry. The carnage is just getting started. Most companies are hedges against oil price drops. So won’t feel huge pain until next year. But service companies are going to get killed again because everyone is going to put drilling and recompletions on hold indefinitely starting now.

|

3/13/2020 4:48 AM

Truck driver here. I haul wood chips primarily to an export terminal. I don't think that I will see much effect in the short term, but long term things may slow considerably.

|

3/13/2020 6:16 AM

motogrady wrote:

I’m kind of seeing things slow down. Been waiting on a mini mart store that was supposed to replace a walk in cooler box. The plan was to do it this month.
Postponed, sales are way down. That hurts me.

Most of us in the service industry are sweating because of the exposure to people. Cable TV guys, me, plumbers, fast food workers, gas station attendants and clerks, delivery men. I’ve been asking, most are kind of resigned to just saying you gotta do what you gotta do.

Heck, I was in 5 different houses yesterday, changing air filters, checking Freon. I’m looking at everyone like they’re leper’s. It sucks.

I'm going to work on isolation rooms at a major hospital today, they have patients that "have" to be isolated.... I was told to use lots of hand sanitizer.

|

3/13/2020 6:20 AM

downard254 wrote:

No change for me. I will proceed along like Covid-19 never happened. I mostly work in municipal water and wastewater repairs/modification. The virus is a real thing, but I do thing it’s being just a tad blow out of proportion. It’s going to have to run it’s course and people need to build up a natural immunity to it. You hear stories about the older generation not getting sick that often because of what they were exposed to as children, eating dirt and such. I believe there is some truth to that. Some people are too overly clean these days and I believe their immune systems suffer because of this. Just my opinion though.

Umm, most young people won't even know they have COVID-19, it's killing older people.

|

3/13/2020 6:26 AM

Black Diesel Bomber wrote:

Some industries like yours might spike with new business during these times. People will call you to get things fixed at home now that they've been forced to go on a 2+ week Covid 19 staycation.

motogrady wrote:

I’m kind of seeing things slow down. Been waiting on a mini mart store that was supposed to replace a walk in cooler box. The plan was to do it this month.
Postponed, sales are way down. That hurts me.

Most of us in the service industry are sweating because of the exposure to people. Cable TV guys, me, plumbers, fast food workers, gas station attendants and clerks, delivery men. I’ve been asking, most are kind of resigned to just saying you gotta do what you gotta do.

Heck, I was in 5 different houses yesterday, changing air filters, checking Freon. I’m looking at everyone like they’re leper’s. It sucks.

Timo_2824 wrote:

I'm going to work on isolation rooms at a major hospital today, they have patients that "have" to be isolated.... I was told to use lots of hand sanitizer.

I’ve have a can of Lysol on the dash. Spray hands after every call. Wash hands after each meal. Keep my distance. No hand shakes.

All I can do.

|

3/13/2020 7:05 AM

banking/finance here

starting within a week or two we will be working from home

|

3/13/2020 7:23 AM

agn5009 wrote:

I'm a cop. I would assume my job is safe wink

ajv#26 wrote:

Me too! We are always safe! 🤔😖

You guys may be in for a lot of overtime

|

3/13/2020 7:31 AM

observeroffacts wrote:

I don’t mean this to be rude, although it’s just the truth. One week ago most of this board did nothing but mock this entire thing. Look at how differently people are posting now. It’s unsettling to say the least. We all know it’s going to get worse before it gets better. Not great as a business owner.

I'm still mocking this overreaction hyped up by the media for clickbait.

|

3/13/2020 7:47 AM

I'm a welder in the aerospace industry. I think this will affect the company I work for but I'm worried about the long term effects as far as the economy. I've had a few jobs at work already put on hold this week. If I get sent home for a few weeks I can still do side weld jobs out of the garage.

|

if you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough

3/13/2020 7:51 AM

People are still buying paint so I'm good.

|

#SeelyNation
Twitter @JaridSavoy

3/13/2020 7:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/13/2020 8:08 AM

I help my girlfriend run a horse stable. We do lessons, lease horses, do trail rides and parties, board horses, and buy and sell horses.

Head count usually runs about 60 head.

She started it during the recession but it was mostly boarding and trail rides then.

Now we have about 100 kids taking lessons. Some are about once a month, some seem to live here.
If they let school out we will probably be really busy.

Her stepsister that helps run it is an ICU nurse with 20 years experience and who also does ICU teaching, so we have a guaranteed income there to cover our bills.

The only thing we know for sure long-term is horses will continue to eat and shit, and if things go really bad we will have a protein source to barter.

Ps. I am feeling pretty relieved that I no longer make my living running mx events.

This is going to hit them hard. A lot af tracks rely on sure events like LL qualifiers, and I would say those are in jeapordy.

Also as the young man from Italy pointed out, medical workers including emt and ambulance workers might be difficult to schedule.

Support your local tracks any way you can. They, like many other businesses will be stretched to the breaking point through this. We lost so many after the mid 00's.

|

3/13/2020 8:06 AM

Still working in the office at the moment, although no visits, clients, meetings and we cant swap between offices (3 in total). We're on standby taking laptops home every night in case they get us to stay at home.

The UK seems to wait until its gone tits up to make the call. Boris = Knob

|

3/13/2020 8:07 AM

Although, I am concerned as I'm due to fly to the Dominican Republic in 3 weeks, hoping I'm still able to go.

Need a rum on the beach and wait for this to all blow over

|

3/13/2020 8:09 AM

The lights are still on here at Ford Motor Company, in a plant with just over 2,000 people.

|

3/13/2020 8:12 AM

motogrady wrote:

Heating, Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration work marches on!

Lol!! I work at for an HVAC distributor and we are all full steam ahead!

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

3/13/2020 8:19 AM

eric513anderson wrote:

Little worried right now. Not because of the corona virus but because of the affects of it. If it’s shutting everything down I think it’s only going to get worse from there. Work has been slow since the new year started and some days we don’t have enough work for all 8 hours. Talks of layoffs and early retirement deals being worked on so that’s what scares me more then this sickness

What does your company do?

|

3/13/2020 8:22 AM

motogrady wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Plumbing here and all is business as usual!

|

3/13/2020 8:23 AM

I travelled for 2 weeks in Vietnam with the family during January. My immunities are good for the rest of my life.

|

3/13/2020 8:24 AM

motogrady wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Commercial HVAC test and balance here, probably going to be able to get into lots of places we'd normally have to wait until summer to enter (schools/colleges). Dad's been at it for 46 years now and has never had a slowdown. Very thankful to be in this position, obviously.

|

3/13/2020 8:32 AM

motogrady wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Motox627! wrote:

You're going to be super busy with everyone buying all this damn toilet paper laughing

I can see plumbers watching the news and jumping for joy yelling "job security" laughing

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

3/13/2020 8:37 AM

I work for a Toyota material handing dealer(fork lifts mostly). We project business to slow a bit but we are lucky that many warehouse/supply chain type companies still need forklifts.

We are wafting to see what happens but we have protocols in place so many of us can work from home. I work on the office side but I worry about our techs.

|

3/13/2020 8:43 AM

I work for a large Toyota dealership and we are just waiting to see what each day will bring.. We have implemented a no hand shake policy.
I had to cancel my dream trip to Italy next month

|

3/13/2020 8:46 AM

I work conferences. I choose to only work about 150 days a year. I’ve already had 27 days of work cancel and don’t have anything scheduled until the end of May. Just waiting for that to cancel too. My industry is completely dead right now.
I’ll make the most of it and spend more time with my wife and 3 and 4 year old. As well as a great opportunity to hit the track (if open) or desert.
I hope none of you guys have to struggle with your health or finances through this.

|

3/13/2020 8:47 AM

Definitely going to be tight for a while!

|

3/13/2020 8:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/13/2020 9:03 AM

Tell you guys one thing that's hit me about this Corona virus is our little "safety bubble" ? or "security blanket" I guess ? of the United States has been pulled back some. We have become very used to having absolute freedom to do whatever we please whenever we please. Government control affecting our daily lives and plans used to be something we saw on the news or read about happening in other countries, not here. Not sure if I'm wording this right, we're used
to hearing bad news, muslims taking over France or starving kids in Africa, radiation in Japan, government control in Iran etc. etc. But up till now whatever bad news was happening around the globe (pretty much) didn't have a huge effect on our daily routine or plans. It's like we've been immune to things like this. I guess we've been very lucky.

|

3/13/2020 8:58 AM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Motox627! wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

You're going to be super busy with everyone buying all this damn toilet paper laughing

I can see plumbers watching the news and jumping for joy yelling "job security" laughing

That's one thing i love about having a trade like plumbing. Not much is going to slow business and people always have to shit!

|

3/13/2020 9:07 AM

Motox627! wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Motox627! wrote:

That's one thing i love about having a trade like plumbing. Not much is going to slow business and people always have to shit!

Plumbers are going to be extra busy when toilets start getting shop rags, baby wipes, old T-shirts and who knows what else flushed down them

|