Moto insurance

Related:
Create New Tag

11/7/2017 3:23 PM

So long story short just happened to buy a new bike today and called progressive and they told me they cannot I sure it. I’m looking for insurance to protect against theft and theft only but not sure who to look for or to call.

|

WFO #229

11/7/2017 3:43 PM

Geico will do it

|

11/7/2017 4:26 PM

I hear endless horror stories about Geico when it comes to insuring motocross bikes. On the flip side I've heard tons of great things about Progressive.... Did they give you a reason to deny you?

|

11/7/2017 5:45 PM

nadeauracing229 wrote:

So long story short just happened to buy a new bike today and called progressive and they told me they cannot I sure it. I’m looking for insurance to protect against theft and theft only but not sure who to look for or to call.

I insure my 3 Mx bikes with progressive.

|

11/7/2017 5:50 PM

4 bikes and a trailer with progressive is about $260 a year.

|

11/7/2017 6:12 PM

nadeauracing229 wrote:

So long story short just happened to buy a new bike today and called progressive and they told me they cannot I sure it. I’m looking for insurance to protect against theft and theft only but not sure who to look for or to call.

Scott,they insured mine under an ATV at progressive. Have 3 bikes insured with them as of yesterday. They won't insure it under a motorcycle anymore like I used to.

|

11/7/2017 6:29 PM

Nationwide insured our bike

|

11/7/2017 6:43 PM

Allstate. I paid $125 for the full year for new ktm 350

|

11/7/2017 6:55 PM

2 bikes with Progressive. Get a new agent.

|

Race Bike: 2018 KTM 350SXF

Other Bikes: 1985 CR80R, 1990 CR250R, 1998 PW80, Specialized Fuse Comp 29.

Sold: 2016 YZ250F, 2012 CRF250R

11/7/2017 8:35 PM

Hm happened to just call the hotline told them it was just for theft and that it was a race bike... Guy ended up saying because it would be raced that they won’t insure it maybe I’ll try again tommorow thanks guys!

|

WFO #229

11/7/2017 9:20 PM

I pay $250 a year for 3 bikes with Gieco.

My friend bought a KTM in Portland. Had it in his garage for 2 weeks and it was stolen without insurance. Gieco offered him a 4 week window grace peirod and covered his bike in full! Unreal story I wouldn't believe if I didn't hear it first hand.

|

11/7/2017 11:41 PM

Farmers gave a better price than progressive.

|

11/8/2017 1:18 AM

nadeauracing229 wrote:

Hm happened to just call the hotline told them it was just for theft and that it was a race bike... Guy ended up saying because it would be raced that they won’t insure it maybe I’ll try again tommorow thanks guys!

Rule #1 about mx and insurance of any kind. Never say the word race. They will not cover anything. Always say trail riding or riding in your back yard. Lmao

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

11/8/2017 3:22 AM

Two "offroad motorcycles" insured for only theft here with Progressive as well... dont tell insurance companies more than they need to know, ever...

|

11/8/2017 3:33 AM

nadeauracing229 wrote:

Hm happened to just call the hotline told them it was just for theft and that it was a race bike... Guy ended up saying because it would be raced that they won’t insure it maybe I’ll try again tommorow thanks guys!

Acidreamer wrote:

Rule #1 about mx and insurance of any kind. Never say the word race. They will not cover anything. Always say trail riding or riding in your back yard. Lmao

I never say the "r" word to my insurance guy. Pretty sure they know anyways but although its a race bike with lots of race parts its used as a trail bike/ conversation piece wink

|

11/8/2017 4:32 AM

I went with foremost. $230 a year for full coverage. Bikes covered even if I total it. Mostly have it for theft tho

|

11/8/2017 5:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/8/2017 5:31 AM

The greatest of them all, Geico. Also never say you race it, ALWAYS, say you ride it around trails or your house. If you say you race it they won’t cover it most of the times.

|

11/8/2017 6:37 AM

nadeauracing229 wrote:

Hm happened to just call the hotline told them it was just for theft and that it was a race bike... Guy ended up saying because it would be raced that they won’t insure it maybe I’ll try again tommorow thanks guys!

Acidreamer wrote:

Rule #1 about mx and insurance of any kind. Never say the word race. They will not cover anything. Always say trail riding or riding in your back yard. Lmao

Never say race. Our insurance went up 5x and we had to cancel it

|

11/8/2017 7:19 AM

Been in the insurance industry for over 10 years now. Used to work for one of aforementioned companies. Since Insurance is state regulated and you’re in NY they may require the company to write liability (property damage/bodily injury) into the policy along with comprehensive. Many companies are going to this and will not write a stand alone comprehensive policy regardless of state.

Best advice, go with a standard insurance company and a good agent. Stay away from the non standards like Progressive, Geico, Safe Auto. While you’ll have many people tell you they have “full coverage” they have no idea what they purchased and have never read their policy. I️ encourage you to do both.

|

11/8/2017 7:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/8/2017 7:48 AM

I have theft on my 2 bikes for $75 each a year. But they will NOT cover it if it's raced. I only do open rides and they said that would be fine.

|