Moto in Germany?

tmizz181
Edited Date/Time 6/20/2019 3:19am
Will be in Germany next year for work, about an hour west of Nuremberg. I was wondering if anyone knows of any local tracks/riding areas in that area. Maybe even a place to rent MX bikes since I will not be able to bring mine from home,also very limited transportation as well. Even if it's a place to just hang out on my days off every once in a while. Thanks in advance and Happy New Year!
|
12/27/2018 2:43pm
I live close to Nuremberg and ride there too. There are quite a few tracks in the area west of Nuremberg. Some suck, some are good AND open for everybody, almost all of them are hardpack. Renting a bike will be difficult (I never heard of dirt bike rental in southern Germany at least).

This is a screenshot from the MXTracks-App of the area. I‘m happy to help if you need more information.
tmizz181
12/27/2018 5:22pm
Thanks for the information fristytron and #434, much appreciated. I'm looking forward to spending a year in Germany and having the opportunity to see another countries motocross scene.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
12/27/2018 6:07pm
Depends on where exactly you will be.
I'd maybe go to Walldorf (very close to Hockenheim Ring). We were there a lot when I used to live in Stuttgart.
It's not a huge track but they are usually open every day (at least they used to be). And they have an outdoor Go-Kart track with rentals.
No dirtbike rental companies that I know of.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2ITNmQq3dw

The Shop

12/27/2018 8:06pm
tmizz181 wrote:
Thanks for the information fristytron and #434, much appreciated. I'm looking forward to spending a year in Germany and having the opportunity to see another countries...
Thanks for the information fristytron and #434, much appreciated. I'm looking forward to spending a year in Germany and having the opportunity to see another countries motocross scene.
You‘re welcome. I see you‘re a soldier. So you‘ll probably be stationed in Ansbach or Illesheim. Very very close to Ansbach is a beautiful hardpack track at a hillside that is open for everybody once a month. The moto club there is very active and there are races and schools through the summer. Maybe you can get your moto doseage there.
https://www.mc-ansbach.de
CM_84
12/27/2018 9:33pm
Southern Germany is a great place to live.
Especially in summer, enjoy the beer gardens, mountains and lakes.
You will have a great year!
mxmasta
Fantasy
814th
12/28/2018 2:18am Edited Date/Time 12/28/2018 2:36am
I live in southern Germany, south of Stuttgart, 30km from the lake of Constance (Bodensee).
It's about 2.5 hours from Nuremberg. So if you are interested in a riding trip in the southwest of Germany hit me up.
There are some great tracks. Former GP-Track Reutlingen is open to the public. Walldorf (as crusty stated) is a narrow, but nice and fun sandy track. And I heared that Gaildorf (the track Ken Roczen was crowned World Champion) will maybe have a public ride day this year too. And there are some other nice tracks in the area.

I may be able to even help you out with a bike for a day or two, if you find no official rental company.
I even know a company down here, well to be exact from switzerland, that may rent out Hondas - I see them a lot here on our local tracks.

Let me know if you are interested, I am happy to help.
tmizz181
12/28/2018 1:32pm
Thanks again guys for all the information and invites! I will be in Belgium for a couple weeks before heading to Germany at the beginning of the year, Illesheim to be exact #434. I will send some PM's once I get settled in and the phone/internet sorted out. mxmasta, that is very generous of you, I'll keep looking and let you know what I find out. Either way it would be a good excuse to get new gear as well, lol. Thanks again and Happy New Year everyone!
tmizz181
3/4/2019 12:50am

Well finally made it to Germany and settled in now. Still haven't found a place to rent dirt bikes but did find a track just south of Illesheim. I'm not sure if they are open or not but I plan on riding the mountain bike down there this coming weekend to check it out since it's so close.

Also, I'm planning on going to the MXGP race in Locket this July, any advice on attending a MXGP would be appreciated since this will be my first one. Thanks again!
3/4/2019 1:57am
Renting a bike will be a challenge. As far as I know, the track you're close to is for members only, but a few days a year they are open for everybody. Go there at the weekend and talk to the guys. I don't know if the track is open right now because of the weather. Here you can find the training schedule (http://amc-zirndorf.de/training/).

There is a big KTM-dealer (https://www.roadstar-motorcycles.de/) in Nuremberg/Fürth that sometimes does ride days in spring at that track. That could be a chance to ride and check out the track.
3/4/2019 2:03am
As far as the MXGP in Loket: Just go there. The organisation is very professional, everything is signed in English. I've been to several MXGPs (Germany, Italy and Switzerland), always enjoyed it and never had any problems. Friends that went to the Loket GP talked about a great track, beautiful scenery, crazy fans, lots of alcohol and hard partying..
mxmasta
Fantasy
814th
3/4/2019 5:30am
Bike rental will be a big problem.
The company I ment in my previous post only rents the bikes when you do a (pretty expensive) training with them.
Maybe it would be easier to buy a used bike and sell it afterwards? If you need help, just shoot me a PM.

I've been to various MXGPs in the past, but Loket is the one that I always wanted to go to, but it never worked out for me. Maybe this year I'll make the trip.
tmizz181
3/11/2019 9:59am
Thanks for information guys. Definitely going to Loket and possibly the GP in Trentino the beginning of April. mxmasta, I thought about buying one for the time here but the issue is we are not authorized to have our own vehicles so I am limited to public transportation and rental vehicles, not the ideal situation! Either way I still want to check out the tracks here and just enjoy being around dirt bikes. Speaking of, are either of you guys riding this weekend anywhere?
3/12/2019 1:26am
Don't think that the tracks are open yet. Still not dry enough
tmizz181
3/14/2019 10:33am
I figured as much but thought I would ask since I saw some people riding at AMC Bad Windsheim the other day while I was flying. It looks like a moto/enduro track just south of the airfield here.
tmizz181
5/2/2019 11:55pm
Haven't been on here in a while, been pretty busy the last few weeks. I was just wondering if there was any races this coming weekend. I have access to a vehicle and would like to hang out at a track for a little while and watch some riding/racing. Thanks again for all the information!
tmizz181
6/12/2019 7:55am
Thanks for the information in regards to the last race in this area. I was wondering if there is another one this coming weekend since I will have transportation, which rarely happens. Even if it's not a race but somewhere you guys might be riding to watch some practice at a minimum. Thanks!
6/13/2019 11:03pm
I can’t find a race near you this weekend.
I suggest two things: - Check out the track at Ansbach at Saturday. Nice track, but probably a dust bowl right now. - Go to the Bergkirchweih in Erlangen north of Nuremberg and experience one of the nicest and biggest beerfests. Beets the Oktoberfest by miles.
tmizz181
6/20/2019 3:19am
Bergkirchweih in Erlangen was a great time, thanks for the information. I also stopped by the Ansbach track and watched a few guys ride for a bit this past weekend. Looks like it would be a pretty fun track to ride but extremely hard packed! Anyone going to the MXGP of Germany this weekend, thinking of going if work doesn't interfere!
6/22/2019 7:53am
tmizz181 wrote:
Bergkirchweih in Erlangen was a great time, thanks for the information. I also stopped by the Ansbach track and watched a few guys ride for a...
Bergkirchweih in Erlangen was a great time, thanks for the information. I also stopped by the Ansbach track and watched a few guys ride for a bit this past weekend. Looks like it would be a pretty fun track to ride but extremely hard packed! Anyone going to the MXGP of Germany this weekend, thinking of going if work doesn't interfere!
Happy to help!
Yepp, rock hard, but it has great flow.
No MXGP for me, as we‘re riding in northern Italy.

Post a reply to: Moto in Germany?

The Latest