Moto hauler.

Related:
Create New Tag

12/4/2020 8:23 AM

Hey all, new guy here🤙
Anyways, what do y'all use as a moto hauler on the weekends?
Pickup, van, car/open trailer/toy hauler, rv with trailer?

I'm just curious what the vital masses use.

I use a 6'x12' enclosed V-nose all set up with toolbox/bench, upper cabinets, oil racks, paperwork station, lights with generator. We regularly camp in it so I have cots, hot plate, coffee maker ect.

I just now started to shop for a toy hauler.

Let's hear what you use.

|

12/4/2020 9:04 AM

78 ford f250 and a 14 foot Featherlite cargo trailer.

|

12/4/2020 9:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/4/2020 9:15 AM

Stfu noob!
7×14 V Nose trailer. E track and a sheet of plywood make into bunk beds for sleeping
Photo
Photo

|

12/4/2020 9:21 AM

|

12/4/2020 9:23 AM

Photo
Photo
Photo
|

12/4/2020 10:02 AM

F 350, Voltage 5th wheel. Hot shower, Sat TV, AC/Heat and couch, kitchen, Photo nice bed and wife likes it. Box trailer is history. Too old for that kinda stuff.

|

12/4/2020 10:10 AM

WFO wrote:

F 350, Voltage 5th wheel. Hot shower, Sat TV, AC/Heat and couch, kitchen, Photo nice bed and wife likes it. Box trailer is history. Too old for that kinda stuff.

Why do I feel like I'm going to see that on fire on 70 in Colorado...

|

12/4/2020 2:51 PM

I'm drooling over one of these right now, not a huge fan of the camper style toy haulers, some are nice but these are choice. 🤙💯 Photo

|

12/4/2020 2:56 PM

Photo

Fifth wheel toy hauler. When kids get a little older going to motorhome and enclosed trailer
|

12/4/2020 3:41 PM

I had a truck and still have a 6x10 enclosed trailer but recently fulfilled my dream of a transit motovan and it’s the way to go for me! Won’t be going back to a truck maybe ever

|

12/4/2020 4:22 PM

Pink wrote: Photo
Photo
Photo

And pull it with this. Photo

|

12/4/2020 4:26 PM

Have been through a few different ways from pickup, van, box van, toy haulers and now a Super C Fun Mover that will be for sale as we are planning on a new Newmar 3927 that has a garage

Photo

|

12/4/2020 5:40 PM

Motovan
Photo
Photo

Photo

|

12/4/2020 5:52 PM

Green interior is the trailer I sold a couple months ago and white interior is the trailer we currently use. I built the interior in both of them. Photo
Photo

|

12/4/2020 6:08 PM

moto67e wrote:

Motovan
Photo
Photo

Photo

Awesome! Hands down the nicest van setup I’ve seen. I’ve got the Nissan for my construction business. Love to have two and set up second for riding, but for now when go local we use a 6x12 v nose enclosed trailer. When we go far a 34’ raptor toyhauler. definitely easier with the little trailer, but much more comfortable stay in the hauler.

|

12/4/2020 6:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/4/2020 6:31 PM

lumpy790 wrote:

Have been through a few different ways from pickup, van, box van, toy haulers and now a Super C Fun Mover that will be for sale as we are planning on a new Newmar 3927 that has a garage

Photo

right on, nice progression, must mean business has steadily improved..

|

It's the nexus of the crisis
And the origin of storms

12/4/2020 6:30 PM

GMC van with bed a comfy chairs... now looking for a Pro Trac enclosed trailer from the 80’s/90’s ... Photo

|

12/4/2020 10:31 PM

cwel11 wrote:

Awesome! Hands down the nicest van setup I’ve seen. I’ve got the Nissan for my construction business. Love to have two and set up second for riding, but for now when go local we use a 6x12 v nose enclosed trailer. When we go far a 34’ raptor toyhauler. definitely easier with the little trailer, but much more comfortable stay in the hauler.

Thanks. Custom Upfits did the interior for my van and did a awesome job.

|

12/4/2020 10:43 PM

Love my new 26’ Toy Hauler Photo
Photo

|

12/4/2020 11:03 PM

F250 with a hitch hauler. The F250 pulls the toyhauler for overnite stuff and I also have a 6 x 12 for whenever I haul 2 bikes for 1 day events.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

12/5/2020 8:04 AM

lumpy790 wrote:

Photo

steve_97060 wrote:

right on, nice progression, must mean business has steadily improved..

The old Pickup and van days were way before starting Moto Hose.

The van I raced 1984-1985 pro 500 nationals out of was an old Krispy Kreme green and white donut van with 1 seat . silly

As you get older the more comfortable you want to be. grin

|

12/5/2020 8:40 AM

For me, I've had 5th wheels, toyhaulers, pick ups and now a high roof long wheelbase promaster van. Van all day long everyday from here on out.

|

Indecision is a choice

12/5/2020 9:35 AM

Manly men don't need no stinkin' trailer:

Photo

|

12/5/2020 9:56 AM

18 f-150 with the fam bams 2020 Forrest River camper. So awesome having my own shower and bathroom at the races !
Photo

|

12/5/2020 10:38 AM

Any one here know if a Long box f-150 will fit 2 bikes with tailgate closed? Thinking of a rig like this. Photo

Such cool moto haulers here !

|

12/5/2020 8:17 PM

Pirate421 wrote:

I had a truck and still have a 6x10 enclosed trailer but recently fulfilled my dream of a transit motovan and it’s the way to go for me! Won’t be going back to a truck maybe ever

Pics or more details? I just ordered a transit. Trying to finalize my build out plans. Would love to see what others have done.

|

12/5/2020 8:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/5/2020 8:34 PM

CRF505 wrote:

Pics or more details? I just ordered a transit. Trying to finalize my build out plans. Would love to see what others have done.

I went with a passenger model so I could still haul the family everywhere so my “build” is very basic. I just run a Bolt it On system with the factory bench behind the driver and passenger. Can put a cot next to the bike when I run the angled wheel chock. The. I made some window covers from a roll of Home Depot Reflectix to keep the heat out and give some privacy. Lastly, added some 245/65r16 all terrains on stock suspension and painted the hubcaps. The setup works perfectly for me as a weekend warrior and my wife and kid love it to.

Also, a review on the bolt it on system. Extremely well made and so easy to use. The chocks can be moved and positioned laterally on the main bar so you can configure wherever you want your bike to sit. It literally can be installed and uninstalled in less than two minutes without drilling into your van or any tools at all. And made in the USA and the owner was a super nice dude who was very helpful and responsive to my questions. He set me up with exactly what I needed and shipping was fast. Worth every penny.

Photo
Photo

|

12/5/2020 8:33 PM

Pirate421 wrote:

CRF505 wrote:

Pirate421 wrote:

I went with a passenger model so I could still haul the family everywhere so my “build” is very basic. I just run a Bolt it On system with the factory bench behind the driver and passenger. Can put a cot next to the bike when I run the angled wheel chock. The. I made some window covers from a roll of Home Depot Reflectix to keep the heat out and give some privacy. Lastly, added some 245/65r16 all terrains on stock suspension and painted the hubcaps. The setup works perfectly for me as a weekend warrior and my wife and kid love it to.

Also, a review on the bolt it on system. Extremely well made and so easy to use. The chocks can be moved and positioned laterally on the main bar so you can configure wherever you want your bike to sit. It literally can be installed and uninstalled in less than two minutes without drilling into your van or any tools at all. And made in the USA and the owner was a super nice dude who was very helpful and responsive to my questions. He set me up with exactly what I needed and shipping was fast. Worth every penny.

Photo
Photo

Nice! This looks great. I don't plan to go too crazy with my build either. Something like this but maybe with a partition. I've had my eye on the bolt it on system as well. Is yours mounted to factory d rings behind the second row seats, or did you have to drill new ones?

I ordered a 148 wb crew. Looks like that may be what you have as well. Is that correct?

|

12/5/2020 8:40 PM

CRF505 wrote:

Nice! This looks great. I don't plan to go too crazy with my build either. Something like this but maybe with a partition. I've had my eye on the bolt it on system as well. Is yours mounted to factory d rings behind the second row seats, or did you have to drill new ones?

I ordered a 148 wb crew. Looks like that may be what you have as well. Is that correct?

I added a little review of the bolt it on system on the post above but the system uses J hooks and mounts to the factory seat bases. Very easy. I thought about a wall but with a fuel injected bike I haven’t noticed any fuel smell at all and the bike is so securely mounted. Yes it’s a 148 12 passenger.

|

12/5/2020 8:42 PM

Pirate421 wrote:

Photo
Photo

CRF505 wrote:

Pirate421 wrote:

I added a little review of the bolt it on system on the post above but the system uses J hooks and mounts to the factory seat bases. Very easy. I thought about a wall but with a fuel injected bike I haven’t noticed any fuel smell at all and the bike is so securely mounted. Yes it’s a 148 12 passenger.

Awesome. Thanks for the info.

|