Moto gear for toddlers

Lastander
Edited Date/Time 10/28/2019 11:06am
Hoping some of you might help me with this.

A lifelong friend of mine (and a damn good motocross rider) got a baby this summer, and quit racing to be a full time dad.
I have no doubt he will start riding again in the future but i wanted to make something cool for christmas for his son, a full kit with his dads old number and maybe even a butt patch.

His son wont be able to sit on a pw50 for a year or two but i thought that a full kit for christmas would be really fun for him to get and something for his dad to look forward to, but where can i find clothing for toddlers?
I know gear companies dont do moto clothing for infants but something for him to wear when he is 2-3 years is what i was aiming for.

What sizes and brands should i be looking at? Some gear had youth and some had kids sizes, and a hell of a lot of different sizing charts.

Seven had Y18, fox began at 2, and fly had 22-24 sizing if i saw it right, but im guessing a lot of gear is ment for 5-8 year olds.

Any links, personal experiences or things like that would be appreciated!
|
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
10/27/2019 11:51am
My wife got my daughter some moto pajamas when she was about a year old, and put her name & number on the back. That may be a good idea. Otherwise, the brands you mentioned are good. It seems like Fox has the moto grom market pretty well covered.
Doddy
10/27/2019 1:44pm Edited Date/Time 10/27/2019 1:45pm
The smallest actual moto gear(boots, pants, jersey, gloves) we could/can find was Fox and Fly. No clue about Seven, we have not looked at them. I will say that there is not nearly enough stuff for the little ones. I didn't realize the lack of stuff until having my daughter. Companies are definitely losing out. Anyways.....

Casual stuff though..

Factory FX makes moto tshirts for toddlers and up.

Fox use to make a onesie pajama that looked like a set of gear. Boy and girl colors. The

Thor also makes a onesie pajamas(girl and boy colors) that looks like gear and a regular onesie.

If you like KTM, they have the goods! Pacifiers, baby bottles, sippy cups, clothes, socks, and even factory onesies!
dadofagun
Fantasy
1962nd
10/27/2019 4:23pm
Smooth Industries used to make some cool stuff back in the day. My son had the MC pajamas, Pastrana, and Roncada all before his 3rd birthday. They used to have all kinds of stuff for toddlers, he even had their throw blankets, lunch box, even the bathroom had the laundry basket, toothbrush set. Have no idea if they are even going anymore, but it's worth a look.
xrmark
10/27/2019 6:11pm
dadofagun wrote:
Smooth Industries used to make some cool stuff back in the day. My son had the MC pajamas, Pastrana, and Roncada all before his 3rd birthday...
Smooth Industries used to make some cool stuff back in the day. My son had the MC pajamas, Pastrana, and Roncada all before his 3rd birthday. They used to have all kinds of stuff for toddlers, he even had their throw blankets, lunch box, even the bathroom had the laundry basket, toothbrush set. Have no idea if they are even going anymore, but it's worth a look.
I had all this when I was a kid haha Still have the lunch boxes and blankets somewhere. Mc had a few lunch boxes. There was one that was red and silver I believe it was Thor not sure though. Came with a thermos!

The Shop

10/27/2019 6:17pm
Honestly it’s a huge missed opportunity by the moto companies. I would have thought FLY would have done something. If moto dads will shell out 5k for a KTM85 surly they will drop 30-40 for some under 2 cloths.

We ended up buying white onsies and making them look like No Fear, pink Fox, etc. It didn’t turn out very well. wish I could just buy them.
dadofagun
Fantasy
1962nd
10/28/2019 8:27am
cz2crf2wc wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/10/27/381648/s1200_61qP1rY_hAL._UX679.jpg[/img]

That's cool!
Lastander
10/28/2019 8:33am
I wish there was a tag function on this site, @JT$ start producing gear for toddlers lol

Looks like Jagger got a Fox set back in 2016, when he was 2-3? Thats exactly what im after!
Viral Moto
10/28/2019 11:06am
Fox offers some kids gear and possibly some other brands...we could also make you a custom baby onesie or something along those lines. Feel free to email me at info@viralmoto.com

Post a reply to: Moto gear for toddlers

The Latest